Iran will do military exercise on how to close Strait of Hormuz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they need defending? What caused them to be "attacked?" Their loud professing of their faith ad nauseum.
Not always. I've noted several threads where the first mention of God, Bible, or Christian was made by a non-believer, and usually not in a good way.

Not always. I've noted several threads where the first mention of God, Bible, or Christian was made by a non-believer, and usually not in a good way.

Agreed.

Just ignore the buggers then. Maybe I haven't seen them, you understand. Don't worry, I've got Christian friends galore, as long as they do not corner me. ;)

Just ignore the buggers then. Maybe I haven't seen them, you understand. Don't worry, I've got Christian friends galore, as long as they do not corner me. ;)

At Lowe's...:P

Not always. I've noted several threads where the first mention of God, Bible, or Christian was made by a non-believer in what I believe, and usually not in a good way.

fify

Last edited:

Wow, all that time you used to change the capital letters to lowercase and everything. Very impressive. Blatant trolling as well, but no worries. I am not going to run and tell, nor will I make an announcement that I am going to run and tell, just to troll a bit more.

You come across as an angry Atheist that must stomp out all talk of an afterlife.

If you're going to quote me, please don't tamper with the original quotation. You're not my editor, and my post didn't need fixing.

"Not always. I've noted several threads where the first mention of God, Bible, or Christian was made by a non-believer, and usually not in a good way."

Wow, all that time you used to change the capital letters to lowercase and everything. Very impressive. Blatant trolling as well, but no worries. I am not going to run and tell, nor will I make an announcement that I am going to run and tell, just to troll a bit more.

You come across as an angry Atheist that must stomp out all talk of an afterlife.

I didn't do that. I only added the bold wording. Not sure how it happened, either. I was a little confused, too, but I was also too lazy go back and change it.

Your assumption and response speaks volumes about you.

I am not an atheist. I am against willful ignorance. I've stated my beliefs many times.

If you're going to quote me, please don't tamper with the original quotation. You're not my editor, and my post didn't need fixing.

"Not always. I've noted several threads where the first mention of God, Bible, or Christian was made by a non-believer, and usually not in a good way."

Funny how you two are both so outraged about this. I'll go back and change it for you if it means that much to you.

I didn't do that. I only added the bold wording. Not sure how it happened, either. I was a little confused, too, but I was also too lazy go back and change it.

Your assumption and response speaks volumes about you.

I am not an atheist. I am against willful ignorance. I've stated my beliefs many times.
My assumption was based on history. I was wrong. My apologies.

Funny how you two are both so outraged about this. I'll go back and change it for you if it means that much to you.
I wasn't outraged. I just was impressed you felt the need to lowercase those words, since you would have expected the response it received. Now that I was told it was not your intention, relax.

I never said that I was outraged. I would just appreciate my quotes not be tampered with.

Those are the three major movements but not the only ones. For example (not all inclusive), there's also Reconstruction, Ultra-Orthodox, Liberal, and Lubavitcher Chasidim. However, the number of movements isn't the point. The point is, there is not just one unanimous movement, and within each movement there isn't unanimous agreement. In worldwide population, they are a minority number, so one wouldn't expect as many movements as larger groups have.

OK.

More people, more groups, and some are very small groups at that.

Are you starting a new topic? My post wasn't about "where the most disagreement on schools of belief lies." It's not a contest.

My post was about the fact that Christians aren't the only people who have theological differences amongst themselves. Yet, they seem to get the most postings from non-believers disputing what Christians believe. I haven't seen a spate of posts referring to the Torah and Koran as books of myths written by men, or calling Jewish and Muslim posters haters for stating their beliefs. (I certainly don't want to see that happen to them either.)

I think the most important point, in terms of what was being discussed (Biblical interpretation and disagreement) is that there are 5000+ Protestant denominations. Just within the Protestant group. Quite a lot of disagreement going on there, and certainly much more proportionately than for the other religions you mentioned.

A non-believer in what?

I think the most important point, in terms of what was being discussed (Biblical interpretation and disagreement) is that there are 5000+ Protestant denominations. Just within the Protestant group. Quite a lot of disagreement going on there, and certainly much more proportionately than for the other religions you mentioned.
Within what you call the Protestant group, the differences aren't always disagreements in doctrine but just preferences. I'm a member of an independent Baptist church but there are many other churches that I wouldn't have a problem attending or even joining, throughout the world, that don't call themselves "Baptist."

What you call disagreement, others call the priesthood of the believer and church autonomy.

Also, any person or group is free to call himself or itself Christian since there is no worldwide agency on earth that can regulate who uses that name. There is no trademark on "Christian."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back