Infamous 'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez has died.

Yes, that's true and AD is unique forum, unlike numerous hearing forums.

The forum admin closed the religious section after a lot of uncivil discussion, personal attack, endless debate, flame war and bashing. When someone created a thread about buddhism will end up in huge mess because members with different religion started flame war about whichever is better or superior to others.

I understand why they closed it. I also understand where they went wrong about it. Either way, I'm still around because members of my community are here. We just won't have insightful nor meaningful discussions much anymore.

:(

I got a lot of information about prison too and my cousin is in jail - it didn't have same describe as you do, especially homemade wine and drunk in the prison.
Jail conditions aren't the same as prison.

BUT they are still alive while murder victims are not. Is that fair?

it doesn't matter if it's fair or not. it's about a person's moral/religious view about it.

you support death penalty and so do I. other people don't. so what? leave'em alone.

It cost tax payers a lot of money. I would rather see the money spend education for kids . Schools are being shut down in poor neighborhoods as there is no money to fix the schools or to build new one. Rich neighborhoods like mine is getting millions of $$ to build a new school and fix up another one. . We should stop spending on cold blooded killers medical bills , food , etc. and put the money to better use the kids who will our future leaders , DR., teachers etc.

then live in a state that executes people

They rot in jail? Well, how can it be if they can talk to other inmates, have sex with them, they eat food, they watch TV, they read and write, they work out, etc? The only difference is freedom. They can't get out of prison but they still do stuffs that we do. That way I don't see them suffer at all.

why don't you experience it for one day then? you seem to think prison is a hotel but it isn't. everyday is a daily struggle with constant fear. you can be beaten/killed/raped at any time.

why don't you experience it for one day then? you seem to think prison is a hotel but it isn't. everyday is a daily struggle with constant fear. you can be beaten/killed/raped at any time.

Yes, that's true and that why I worried about my cousin.

I remember about my cousin and I had played football during thanksgivings in 2008.

He addicted to heroin and too desperate to find $$$$$ to buy drugs so he broke in the house to get anything, but he got caught. He had been in drug rehabilitation in Florida and it wasn't successful. I wish we could send him to drug rehabilitation in California for long term treatment but it won't going happen because he could sober up after get out of state prison with years of served.

Just shoot all the murderers and rapists all at once now!

Make your own pruno and may god have mercy on your soul.

Pruno, a prison wine created from fruit, sugar and ketchup, is such a vile and despicable beast in the California state penal system that prisoners can't eat fresh fruit at lunch.

Back in December 2002, the warden at Lancaster prison in Los Angeles County removed fresh fruit from box lunches in the maximum-security lockup, as an effort to reduce violence. Apparently, sober, scurvy-addled felons are much easier to control than drunken, violent convicts.

So, perhaps this plan is flawed. And perhaps it's also worth noting that exactly one year earlier at a different L.A. County prison -- the Peter J. Pitchess Detention Center in Santa Clarita Valley -- hatched

a scheme to let inmates pick grapes at a winery and shag golf balls at a local driving range. While the County's effort to combat pruno are suspect, there's no deny that pruno is a huge problem, increasing the levels of violence and allowing convicts to continue their had habits while in prison.

In the first 270 days of 2002, staff at Lancaster prison were assaulted 102 times -- about once every three days.

By most accounts, pruno isn't something a normal human would want to drink, so potent that two gallons is said to be "a virtual liquor store," enough to get a dozen people mindblowingly wasted. And while it tastes so putrid that even hardened

prisoners gulp it down while holding their noses, they'll go to incredible lengths to make it, whipping up batches from frosting, yams, raisins and damn near everything.

(The recipe can be read on this link.)

MAKE YOUR OWN PRUNO AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

Yes, that's true and that why I worried about my cousin.

I remember about my cousin and I had played football during thanksgivings in 2008.

He addicted to heroin and too desperate to find $$$$$ to buy drugs so he broke in the house to get anything, but he got caught. He had been in drug rehabilitation in Florida and it wasn't successful. I wish we could send him to drug rehabilitation in California for long term treatment but it won't going happen because he could sober up after get out of state prison with years of served.

what are you worried about? what your cousin did is not sufficient for death penalty.

what are you worried about? what your cousin did is not sufficient for death penalty.

I'm worried about him get beat up, stabbed or raped in state prison.

When will he get out? I hope he's ok.

Probably not for 10 years.

Burglary in GA is max 10 years in prison but it could be greatly reduce if you accept plea bargain, also it could be add more sentence because of drugs in body.

County jail isn't bad when come with security but it will a lot worse when you head to state prison - watch your back or you will get beat up, raped or stabbed.

Probably not for 10 years.

Burglary in GA is max 10 years in prison but it could be greatly reduce if you accept plea bargain, also it could be add more sentence because of drugs in body.

County jail isn't bad when come with security but it will a lot worse when you head to state prison - watch your back or you will get beat up, raped or stabbed.

A lot of it has to do with his attitude...and willingness to stand up for himself....inmates that don't fight back become someone's "bitch" and called a "wussy"....No matter his size, even if he's 4'1''.....as long as he fights back then he will get the respect and acceptance of other inmates. And of course, being able to make friends and being accepted in that "group". Hence, they will have his back when needed....

Not saying that he won't get raped or stabbed...he just has to be careful of the friends he chooses and not putting himself in a place where he can be raped or gang-raped. Prison toughens you up, big time.

A lot of it has to do with his attitude...and willingness to stand up for himself....inmates that don't fight back become someone's "bitch" and called a "wussy"....No matter his size, even if he's 4'1''.....as long as he fights back then he will get the respect and acceptance of other inmates. And of course, being able to make friends and being accepted in that "group". Hence, they will have his back when needed....

Not saying that he won't get raped or stabbed...he just has to be careful of the friends he chooses and not putting himself in a place where he can be raped or gang-raped. Prison toughens you up, big time.
I'm not an expert by any means but I believe some inmates can gain the support of stronger ones by also having a special skill or outside connections that can be beneficial to the others. If one makes himself valuable to others, he could be protected.

I'm not an expert by any means but I believe some inmates can gain the support of stronger ones by also having a special skill or outside connections that can be beneficial to the others. If one makes himself valuable to others, he could be protected.

Feel that's true also....sometimes it's access to drugs/cigarettes...or whatever...even $$....radios/electronic gadgets....and feel cell phones would be a big "plus"....

It's amazing what can be smuggled into prisons...and the ability to make wine and alcohol in their cells.

Back