Infamous 'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez has died.

Did you see my quote - when parole is considered so it will usually denied.

It means his parole will always denied.
Did you not notice that the families have to suffer thru this parole process every two years?

Block parole

It is time for me again to start to block the parole of Richard Raymond Valenti, the man who abducted my daughter, Sherri Clark, 14, and Alexis Latimer, 13, in May 1973. He brutally murdered the girls and buried them on Folly Beach. They were found in April 1974.

Valenti was given two separate life sentences, but he was never tried for the third murder of Earlene Bunch, or for other abductions.

Richard Valenti came up for parole Jan. 19, 2008, so he will be coming up for parole again, probably in January 2010. The parole board cannot give me a date.

Petitions against this parole may be obtained through the solicitor's office and e-mails may be sent to teri@scsolicitor9.org. Please help us if at all possible.

Janice H. Clark
Netherfield Drive
Summerville
The Post and Courier, Charleston SC

This poor woman has to spend most of her life fighting Valenti's parole. She's the one being punished more than him. It's been almost 40 years!

Did you not notice that the families have to suffer thru this parole process every two years?

This poor woman has to spend most of her life fighting Valenti's parole. She's the one being punished more than him. It's been almost 40 years!

There is problem with justice system in South Carolina. Why they didn't consider a life sentence without parole at first place?

I doubtfully that he will be paroled because parole board personally don't want capital murderer on free.

That is so sad!...and dang it...disgusting!....Unbelievable he is considered up for parole anyway!....The crimes he committed is worthy of execution....I don't know much about the prison system in S.C., but N.C. is pretty harsh.

There is problem with justice system in South Carolina. Why they didn't consider a life sentence without parole at first place?

I doubtfully that he will be paroled because parole board personally don't want capital murderer on free.
"The prosecutor asked for the death penalty for Valenti, which was denied by the judge because of the unconstitutionality of the state's capital punishment law at the time."

He should have gotten the death penalty but the anti-death penalty people squashed that.

BTW, it wasn't just SC that suffered the "unconstitutionality" of capital punishment decision of that time. It's the same fluke that changed Manson's death sentence to a life with parole sentence in California.

"The prosecutor asked for the death penalty for Valenti, which was denied by the judge because of the unconstitutionality of the state's capital punishment law at the time."

He should have gotten the death penalty but the anti-death penalty people squashed that.

BTW, it wasn't just SC that suffered the "unconstitutionality" of capital punishment decision of that time. It's the same fluke that changed Manson's death sentence to a life with parole sentence in California.

Well, when death penalty is unconstitutional or abolished so they should convert to life sentence without parole.

Your state legislature probably didn't think twice about it in past.

Some victims receive unfortunate justice.

Well, when death penalty is unconstitutional or abolished so they should convert to life sentence without parole.

Your state legislature probably didn't think twice about it in past.

Some victims receive unfortunate justice.
It wasn't just SC then. It was a decision against all states that had death penalties at that time. Later, when the death penalty was reinstated it wasn't changed back for those who were originally sentenced. Valenti lucked out by being tried during that period.

It wasn't just SC then. It was a decision against all states that had death penalties at that time. Later, when the death penalty was reinstated it wasn't changed back for those who were originally sentenced. Valenti lucked out by being tried during that period.

The legislature in South Carolina should introduce a life sentence without parole when they know about death penalty being challenged in the court, so they can't wait until court decision.

There are some states don't have death penalty so they use life sentence without parole for first degree murder.

I believe that death penalty is unconstitutional, IMO.

It doesn't mean they have more freedom than you.

They have less....way less...work than I do!....someone to cook their meals...do their laundry...take them to the dentist/doctor....rent is free...so is AC/Heat....free clothes....shoes/flappers.....and not pay 1 red-cent....

The legislature in South Carolina should introduce a life sentence without parole when they know about death penalty being challenged in the court, so they can't wait until court decision.

There are some states don't have death penalty so they use life sentence without parole for first degree murder.

I believe that death penalty is unconstitutional, IMO.

But killing/raping someone is constitutional?....

They have less....way less...work than I do!....someone to cook their meals...do their laundry...take them to the dentist/doctor....rent is free...so is AC/Heat....free clothes....shoes/flappers.....and not pay 1 red-cent....

It doesn't means they have more freedom than you.

If you think living in prison is better so feel free to move in the prison whatever you want.

You are about give up your life. :ugh:

What in world are you think about.

Murder and rape are crime offense so don't mix with constitution.

OIC...so it's a crime to kill/rape someone...but it's uconstitutional to do the same to the culprit....Just lock him up...but of course feed him 3 meals a day, do his laundry, make sure he's got a place to lay down his head and books to read...even a TV to watch at times....Take him to the doctor and dentist....let him make wine in his cell...and give him his weekly phone calls to tell his mother he loves her no matter what he did....

And the victim?...in the cold earth, dead...family is only able to bring flowers to the grave and CRY....can't call her or him on the phone....

But the culprit?...He's sitting down enjoying one of his 3 meals...checks on his wine-making process...and when the lights are out...gets drunk...jokes with other fellow inmates....Sure is much better than being in the cold earth in a coffin, isn't it?

OIC...so it's a crime to kill/rape someone...but it's uconstitutional to do the same to the culprit....Just lock him up...but of course feed him 3 meals a day, do his laundry, make sure he's got a place to lay down his head and books to read...even a TV to watch at times....Take him to the doctor and dentist....let him make wine in his cell...and give him his weekly phone calls to tell his mother he loves her no matter what he did....

And the victim?...in the cold earth, dead...family is only able to bring flowers to the grave and CRY....can't call her or him on the phone....

But the culprit?...He's sitting down enjoying one of his 3 meals...checks on his wine-making process...and when the lights are out...gets drunk...jokes with other fellow inmates....Sure is much better than being in the cold earth in a coffin, isn't it?

No surprise about you made fantastic assumption.

I don't believe in death penalty due to my belief and the religious discussion are not allowed so I'm unable to give a statement.

I can't help you if you don't like my belief.

No surprise about you made fantastic assumption.

I don't believe in death penalty due to my belief and the religious discussion are not allowed so I'm unable to give a statement.

I can't help you if you don't like my belief.

I wasn't assuming...it's a cold-hard fact.

I wasn't assuming...it's a cold-hard fact.

It isn't fact to describe about how is prisoner's life in the prison and what are they doing in the prison.

You made fantastic assumption about how prison looks like and what prisoners are doing because you never know about how prison run like that.

It isn't fact to describe about how is prisoner's life in the prison and what are they doing in the prison.

You made fantastic assumption about how prison looks like and what prisoners are doing because you never know about how prison run like that.

Nope...I've been around the block a little longer than you have...and know some ex-cons...I get that information first-hand.

Surely prison life is bad...but it's better than being in that cold, hard coffin, isn't it?...

A major reason why I don't post much anymore. I got tired of sharing my time and thoughts (of which I value immensely) only to have a thread prematurely locked... again.... and again... and again. Such a shame... there's much that people here have and want to say... yet can't... like you for example.

Nope...I've been around the block a little longer than you have...and know some ex-cons...I get that information first-hand.

Surely prison life is bad...but it's better than being in that cold, hard coffin, isn't it?...

I got a lot of information about prison too and my cousin is in jail - it didn't have same describe as you do, especially homemade wine and drunk in the prison.

A major reason why I don't post much anymore. I got tired of sharing my time and thoughts (of which I value immensely) only to have a thread prematurely locked... again.... and again... and again. Such a shame... there's much that people here have and want to say... yet can't... like you for example.

Yes, that's true and AD is unique forum, unlike numerous hearing forums.

The forum admin closed the religious section after a lot of uncivil discussion, personal attack, endless debate, flame war and bashing. When someone created a thread about buddhism will end up in huge mess because members with different religion started flame war about whichever is better or superior to others.

Back