Infamous 'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez has died.

Not always bad? Receive life sentence without parole in solitary confinement is one of worst punishment ever - inmates hate those and they will very likely to commit suicide.

The death penalty is easier because of lethal injunction and they will sleep peacefully without spend many years in isolated cell.

That's just your opinion. They're not all killing themselves.

Then why do they always appeal knowing they're going to sit there for 20+ years.

That's just your opinion. They're not all killing themselves.

Then why do they always appeal knowing they're going to sit there for 20+ years.

because some of them don't believe in death penalty and some of their families don't want them to executed so they could delay the death penalty as possible.

The death penalty in California is on moratorium and last execution was in 2006 - just one inmate.

I prefer murderers to receive a life sentence without parole in solitary confinement.

I oppose death penalty, no matter if it was relative or close friends.

So you feel that torture is better than execution?....solitary confinement is torture...try spending 6 months or more yourself and you'll be "speaking in tongues"...and if somehow they decided to release you, escape....sentence vacated/commuted or not guilty by DNA evidence...or whatever.......then society has to pick up the bill for your mental health...Many prisoners who have committed crimes spend time in solitary confinement (someone I know spent 31 months) and when they come out are worse than they were before they went in....And the crime spree they committed is worse than before....

So you feel that torture is better than execution?....solitary confinement is torture...try spending 6 months or more yourself and you'll be "speaking in tongues"...and if somehow they decided to release you, escape....sentence vacated/commuted or not guilty by DNA evidence...or whatever.......then society has to pick up the bill for your mental health...Many prisoners who have committed crimes spend time in solitary confinement (someone I know spent 31 months) and when they come out are worse than they were before they went in....And the crime spree they committed is worse than before....

Yes.

You ask me to stay in 6 months in solitary confinement - not necessary, I know solitary confinement is very bad and scary.

I'm not interested to break any laws so live in prison is all bad.

I prefer murderers to receive a life sentence without parole in solitary confinement.

I oppose death penalty, no matter if it was relative or close friends.
BUT they are still alive while murder victims are not. Is that fair?

BUT they are still alive while murder victims are not. Is that fair?

Murderers got punished by serve the life sentence without parole in state prison.

I oppose to death penalty due to my belief. Belief is belief, period.

what's wrong with rotting in prison for life?

It cost tax payers a lot of money. I would rather see the money spend education for kids . Schools are being shut down in poor neighborhoods as there is no money to fix the schools or to build new one. Rich neighborhoods like mine is getting millions of $$ to build a new school and fix up another one. . We should stop spending on cold blooded killers medical bills , food , etc. and put the money to better use the kids who will our future leaders , DR., teachers etc.

It cost tax payers a lot of money. I would rather see the money spend education for kids . Schools are being shut down in poor neighborhoods as there is no money to fix the schools or to build new one. Rich neighborhoods like mine is getting millions of $$ to build a new school and fix up another one. . We should stop spending on cold blooded killers medical bills , food , etc. and put the money to better use the kids who will our future leaders , DR., teachers etc.

Most convicts are drug related so lead to overcrowding in the prison.

Ask legislators to change the drug laws.

what's wrong with rotting in prison for life?
They rot in jail? Well, how can it be if they can talk to other inmates, have sex with them, they eat food, they watch TV, they read and write, they work out, etc? The only difference is freedom. They can't get out of prison but they still do stuffs that we do. That way I don't see them suffer at all.

They rot in jail? Well, how can it be if they can talk to other inmates, have sex with them, they eat food, they watch TV, they read and write, they work out, etc? The only difference is freedom. They can't get out of prison but they still do stuffs that we do. That way I don't see them suffer at all.

That's not true in all cases - some inmates locked up in solitary confinement - zero freedom.

You can get beat up by gangs, especially in CDCR, even it is fatal in some cases.

The jail food is very unpalatable and nasty.

They have jobs in there too....granted not much $$...but it passes the time away...they also are offered college and have courses for different things and are able to get their diploma and certification of completion....all the books they want, even a library....medical help when needed, along with dental....and they work out in the "yard" for an hour or so a day...3 meals a day...all FREE....

Also have "clinques" in there...gangs...which you become a member or be on your own and get gang-raped/beat up....All depends upon your attitude...

The death row cells in CA is solitary confinement and you are administrative segregated until executed or die by natural cause/suicide so DR inmates aren't allowed to have physical contact and can't have job.

Murderers are usually housed in maximum security prison and some of them are in solitary confinement until their death.

Are you aware of the items available through the commissary?

Yes - only in general population but selection may be very limited at highest level prison.

You can't do ANYTHING in the prison like stay at home and able to prepare the meal in the kitchen, or go to grocery store. You basically have no freedom at all but stuck under roof with guards who dictate you like little child.

Murderers got punished by serve the life sentence without parole in state prison....
Some murderers get life without parole. Some murderers get life with the chance of parole, and some of those actually do get paroled.

Yes - only in general population but selection may be very limited at highest level prison.

You can't do ANYTHING in the prison like stay at home and able to prepare the meal in the kitchen, or go to grocery store. You basically have no freedom at all but stuck under roof with guards who dictate you like little child.
I have a question. Which country has the best prison "life"?

Some murderers get life without parole. Some murderers get life with the chance of parole, and some of those actually do get paroled.

That's only true for second degree, non-capital, non-premediation murder.

All capital murders and serial murders receive life sentence with no parole, however if parole is considered so it will usually denied.

There is interesting - if death penalty is abolished so death row cell will be functional as solitary confinement.

Back