Imagine what you would be at, 40 years from today?

2054? hmm. Would be 67 years old lady who lived in mansion and have a lot of servant. Enjoying all my hard work and living life to the fullest before I die. Lol. I hope it would happen.

what's the point of thinking ahead when you can only live in the present? Let tomorrow take care of itself.

I concur. It is okay to think about the future in order to understand what must be done in the present, but it is not good to look so far in the future in which it will make one forget about what is happening in the present.

That's why I like the following quote: Never sacrifice your future on the altar of the immediate.

I concur. It is okay to think about the future in order to understand what must be done in the present, but it is not good to look so far in the future in which it will make one forget about what is happening in the present.

That's why I like the following quote: Never sacrifice your future on the altar of the immediate.

I think that quote actually means you should think about the future a lot.

I think that quote actually means you should think about the future a lot.

No, the quote actually means that you should be focusing on the present more than the future because what you do in the present will impact your future anyways. This is because if one focuses too much on the future, they can be making too many sacrifices on the altar of the immediate that can be a time waster since there are many unforeseen circumstances and that future can be unrealistic as well.

I will be 83 years old.. I probably will be dead by then.

I will be 83 years old.. I probably will be dead by then.

My grandmother is 85 years old and her sister is 95 years old and both live on their own. Her older sister just went to a professional baseball game with my mom last year. Dang!!!!

I do think it's normal to have thoughts about what it would be like in future. There's nothing wrong with that. But, if one is thinking about the future more often and obsessively, there's something wrong with that. To understand what's done in the present - I would think it's necessary to learn from the past and correct it. Living in the past isn't good either. In moderation, I suppose.

I do think it's normal to have thoughts about what it would be like in future. There's nothing wrong with that. But, if one is thinking about the future more often and obsessively, there's something wrong with that. To understand what's done in the present - I would think it's necessary to learn from the past and correct it. Living in the past isn't good either. In moderation, I suppose.

Of course, it is okay to think of the future because that can give you an idea of what you must do in the present in order to have that kind of future, but this won't guarantee the outcome though. If the future is thought of too often, one will just set himself/herself up for a constant string of disappointments.

With the past, it is not ever a good thing to live in it because the past cannot be changed as I am only stating the obvious, but it is okay to look back at the past to better understand and remind ourselves the lessons we have learned. After all, history is doomed to repeat itself if it is not learned from.

The movie "Butterfly Effect" is a good movie in order to understand why the past cannot be changed and to just live in the present.

Just living in the present is foolish.
Hard to set goals and achieve them if your only looking at right now.
People are different though obviously and function differently in this life.
As for me.
I prefer to set goals. Meet those goals. Set other goals and meet them.a nd i do that by planing and discipline.
I wouldn't have the career I have now if I just looked to right now
Planning for tmw is rather important

I will be all over the world since my cremation ashes will be tossed into the wind. ;)

*cough cough cough spit spit*

As for me.
I prefer to set goals. Meet those goals. Set other goals and meet them.a nd i do that by planing and discipline.

great artists live in the present...

I would be 91 and hoping that if I am still alive, I would have some quality of life.

As for me.

There's nothing wrong with planning for tomorrow [and the future], but keep in mind that tomorrow may never come. There is nothing wrong with setting goals to accomplish within a timeframe, but one has to keep an eye on the present to make sure what one is doing in the present will bring him/her closer to fulfilling the goal.

Also, while in the present, it is good to slow down and appreciate every moment you get, especially when you are with your loved ones!

Back