I'm Upset...

Alright, I see what you is saying. My bad, I need to watch it and not to offend people. I get it. I wasnt really thinkin. :aw:

No problem.

Well...

27 posts a day? I see why. I take care of myself. I recently paid $450 for hearing aid repairment.

I dont like seeing people upset over small things. Get a clue!

I take care of myself to, along with others.
I can get upset over whatever I want, you cant tell me otherwise.
And jillio can post as many times as they want, making good points, and isnt mean.
What does your hearing aid have anything to do with this post?

And he can post as many times as he wants, he has good points, and isnt mean.

It's your life I cant control over. You are correct and have a nice day. :D

:thumb:

water under bridge. everybody's happy.

And jillio can post as many times as they want, making good points, and isnt mean.

Shhhh....I'll tell you a secret. I'm a she!:lol:

And in that case, they have to get rid of it somehow. They don't have infinite space to warehouse unwanted stuff.

If the soup kitchens, shelters, whatever institutions want it, they need to make arrangements to come get it.

Im sure most of these places dont know this stuff is just being thrown out. I feel the organization thats throwing the stuff out should have the responsibility to be finding better uses for it instead of just throwing it out.
Especially because St. Vincent is supposed to be such a great organization, you would think they would do whatever they could to help the needy!

Instead of getting upset, take action. Organize a campaign to get them to donate to a battered women's shelter.

They will probably listen, especially if you can get a petition going and they can see there is lots of interest. Get people to volunteer to pick up the discards and take them to shelters.

And on that subject, one of mine and my husband's charities is a battered women's shelter. They are really happy to receive fleece blankets, towels , deodorant, and soap. That means a lot to people who have fled their homes with nothing. These are new and inexpensive items.

It's ok it you get upset, but it is useless to try to convince people to bring a charity down.

Constructive action that helps people immediately will make you feel better.

I'm wondering about what they can do about certain people who take stuff more than needed

Who is to determine what someone needs? You would have to do a home visit, or ask them to disclose personal information to determine what someone needs. There will always be people that take advantage...but that is no reason not to help those that are truly in need, IMO.

Instead of getting upset, take action. Organize a campaign to get them to donate to a battered women's shelter.

They will probably listen, especially if you can get a petition going and they can see there is lots of interest. Get people to volunteer to pick up the discards and take them to shelters.

And on that subject, one of mine and my husband's charities is a battered women's shelter. They are really happy to receive fleece blankets, towels , deodorant, and soap. That means a lot to people who have fled their homes with nothing. These are new and inexpensive items.

It's ok it you get upset, but it is useless to try to convince people to bring a charity down.

I am, I have written e-mails to the company, and have tried contacting shelters around here to let them know what this store is doing.

Excellent advice. Anger is a great motivator for change.

I'm wondering about what they can do about certain people who take stuff more than needed

Who cares if others take more then they need, at least the stuff is being sold, and that means less is going in the trash.

I am, I have written e-mails to the company, and have tried contacting shelters around here to let them know what this store is doing.

Good for you! That is the way to become a social activist!

But you need to get actively involved. That is passive. Believe me that I am working with some major handicaps, and I still get out and do this.

I buy and give. I go in to my animal shelter and give money and take supplies.

We personally collect and donate to the women's shelter.

If every person would actually do one little thing for someone else, the world would improve.

Physically get out there and do something.

Back