I'm Upset...

That is why I asked if this store was run by the society. I have used St. Vincent dePaul in accessing services for clients when I was working in the DV safe house, and have always had a good experience with them.

It probably was a supervisor making the decision, not a group of workers.

SV is a non-profit. Perhaps they simply don't have the resources to find DV shelters and the like and transport items to where they are most needed. Without the money to make things happen, the cheapest alternative might be to dispose of the goods to make room for more sale-able items.

It probably was a supervisor making the decision, not a group of workers.

SV is a non-profit. Perhaps they simply don't have the resources to find DV shelters and the like and transport items to where they are most needed. Without the money to make things happen, the cheapest alternative might be to dispose of the goods to make room for more sale-able items.

I don't know what area this is in, but most DV shelters are willing to come pick donations up. Surely there are churches running soup kitchens in the area. They serve the most needy population. Send the items to the churches doing soup kitchens for patrons to take home.

so why don't you take it and give it to people who could use it? you can do it yourself.

She would have had to purchase it at the thrift store prices. The store could donate without additional expense.

Im sorry to tell you this, it is not even a big deal. Who cares what they do with clothes. It is really not your business. No reason to be upset over this.

I have a goodwill store in my town and people always bringing stuff to drop off at the store. I've seen cops patrollin the area to make sure stuff is not stolen. Wow.

Nice way to empathize with your fellow man.:roll: Not everyone still lives with their parents and gets taken care of. There are people who would be grateful to have these items.

Our local Goodwill appears to have a system that ensures quick rotation. Each week's new merchandise is tagged with a different color tag. And each week the oldest merchandise is deeply discounted. The parking lot usually has many cars.

The Goodwill in another town closed down, because all the merchandise they received was little more than garbage, and it was so socially stigmatizing to shop there. It ws cram-packed with stuff, and nothing moved.

Our local Goodwill appears to have a system that ensures quick rotation. Each week's new merchandise is tagged with a different color tag. And each week the oldest merchandise is deeply discounted. The parking lot usually has many cars.

The Goodwill in another town closed down, because all the merchandise they received was little more than garbage, and it was so socially stigmatizing to shop there. It ws cram-packed with stuff, and nothing moved.

When my son was a junior in high school, I purchased his formal dance suit from the Goodwill. I got black suit, a brocade vest, a banded collar shirt, and black dress shoes all for $25.00. It was all in excellent shape, and he was thrilled with the outfit.

I can certainly understand why the quality of donations may have gone down recently, though. People all over are using things longer before they replace due to the economic climate.

Nice way to empathize with your fellow man.:roll: Not everyone still lives with their parents and gets taken care of. There are people who would be grateful to have these items.

27 posts a day? I see why. I take care of myself. I recently paid $450 for hearing aid repairment.

I dont like seeing people upset over small things. Get a clue!

Shows the difference good management can make.

27 posts a day? I see why. I take care of myself. I recently paid $450 for hearing aid repairment.

People going without basic necessities is no small thing. Hey, your the one that said you still live with your parents. Paid $450 for a repair? How much did you pay for rent, insurance, utilities, groceries, gasoline, and miscellaneous expenses on top of that? People that manage to take care of all these things on their own have a very different perspective than you do. They understand how hard it can be.

Sure, but beyond the type of donation, having a plan to rotate the stock, like deep discounts on stuff that has been there the longest, can be very effective, as that poster pointed out.

In some areas, they could discount to bottom line, and the merchandise still would not sell. Believe it or not, there are many out there who can't afford even the discounted prices.

And in that case, they have to get rid of it somehow. They don't have infinite space to warehouse unwanted stuff.

If the soup kitchens, shelters, whatever institutions want it, they need to make arrangements to come get it.

I still haven't forgotten about you getting upset over "small thing" like you being cockblocked

In some areas, they could discount to bottom line, and the merchandise still would not sell. Believe it or not, there are many out there who can't afford even the discounted prices.

And in that case, they have to get rid of it somehow. They don't have infinite space to warehouse unwanted stuff.

If the soup kitchens, shelters, whatever institutions want it, they need to make arrangements to come get it.

agree. just make it like $1 or "Pay As You Feel"/"Pay What You Can"

They have to be told it is available, first.:roll: As I stated, these places are generally very willing to pick up donations.

People going without basic necessities is no small thing. Hey, your the one that said you still live with your parents. Paid $450 for a repair? How much did you pay for rent, insurance, utilities, groceries, gasoline, and miscellaneous expenses on top of that? People that manage to take care of all these things on their own have a very different perspective than you do. They understand how hard it can be.

Alright, I see what you is saying. My bad, I need to watch it and not to offend people. I get it. I wasnt really thinkin. :aw:

Back