I'm going to USA!

226362_405394102855312_1067775507_n.jpg

Good snow!?

I be right mate! I'm one tough bugger from Australia! I have all rounder strength and fitness! I'll shovel it when I can but my employment is indoor haha.

Anyone been in Salt Lake City? It seems so nice on youtube. Very large city like Brisbane etc!

Not too bad for here. :wave: Average annual snowfall is 5.5 inches, and unlike the North, in March, you're not still adding to snow from November! Not good for skiing though.

:cold: Utah on the other hand has 58.5 inches of snow a year and great skiing and shoveling :cold:

I have been to SLC many times. Got plenty of Mormon family members all over Utah and Idaho. You will probably hear the LDS history eventually, and terms in Utah Mormon Culture such as Jack Mormon, Utard, NCMO (Non-Commit Make out), etc. SLC has a nice public transportation, but Utah drivers are horrible. They just don't let you pass when you want to change the lane.

I like Park City. It is sort of a famous place where Mormons escape to do whatever they want to do. lol It is probably the wildest party in entire of Utah. You will have the opportunity to go to Utah Olympic Park. I also suggest you should buy a car, and drive down to St. George, and US National Parks (Zion, Bryce) in Southern Utah. You are going to want to stay at a motel down there. It's a bit far, but it is worth it. They're so gorgeous. Some of the steep roads in US National Parks may be closed due to the winter.

You could go to Bingham Canyon Mine aka Kennecott Mine, which is not far from SLC. It may be cool on first visit, but after that, it's boring. Really.

Don't forget Sundance Film Festival. It is a very good chance you may run into famous celebrities.

If you're a drinker, alcoholic beverage control in Utah is extremely strict. However, you wont have problem in Park City. lol

I don't drink at all. I don't like it. So what is the problem about strictness thing?

Is mormoms good people? Imagine this American mormom lady came up and want to date me, what I should do?

I'm not getting a car because I get free passes for the bus as part of working at ski resort and Park City.

Active Mormons don't drink any alcoholic beverage except some do get a special permission to drink on doctor's orders for medical benefits. Active Mormons follow the strict Word of Wisdom by not drinking alcoholic beverage and smoking, which is not good for their bodies. It goes back to 1850s.

A Mormon Marine friend of mine who often drive their Marine friends home, because they're so drunk.

Not all Mormons are a good people. There are even Mormon Aussies down under.

If she asks you out for a date. Be yourself. Be honest.

I be right mate! I'm one tough bugger from Australia! I have all rounder strength and fitness! I'll shovel it when I can but my employment is indoor haha.

Anyone been in Salt Lake City? It seems so nice on youtube. Very large city like Brisbane etc!

I'm just south of SLC right now visiting my newborn grandson (and his parents). Can't really offer suggestions since I'm not here to do touristy stuff.

I got my work contract this morning from Park City Mountain Resort. I'll be working as a busser at main plaza complex at town section of the ski resort starting on 30th November 2012 and finishes 14th April 2013 full time. Wage is low compared to Australia but better than what I get when I was at KFC years ago! I have to require to work over 32hours per week depending on circumstances. Can't wait!

Park City is a party town. Been there. lol Enjoy the fun. If you snowboard or ski, try out the Snowbird or Deer Valley. The snow is awesome there and in the summer, it's all about biking, baby. Oh yea.

Plenty stuff around I noticed. Mount Rushmore, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, San Francisco, Colorado, Devils Tower, Monument and that is close to Park City. Man USA seems so huge place indeed. So many things to choose from haha.

Usa is so big it is one reason americans are not known for travel to other countries as are europeans or aussies.

There's so much to see here in the USA that we don't have time to to see it all and go to other countries. Of course there are many people who want to see other countries sights rather than what's in their backyard. To each his own. Hope you have the time & money to see a lot of things in the USa while you're here.
Also consider using Amtrak from SLC (though the arrival/depature hours are not great) to see some of the country from the ground as you travel to some of your destinations.

Plenty stuff around I noticed. Mount Rushmore, Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, San Francisco, Colorado, Devils Tower, Monument and that is close to Park City. Man USA seems so huge place indeed. So many things to choose from haha.

Bonneville Salt Flats State Park. Shame that you will not be there for speed week (happens every August)

Bryce Canyon Nation Park and Zion National Park

Usa is so big it is one reason americans are not known for travel to other countries as are europeans or aussies.

USA isn't big. MattyinAUS is right, everything is close. I mean I live in Reno, I went almost all over near Reno such as Vegas, SF, Sacramento, Oregon, and Utah. Just that people have different perspective of "how far it is".

Back