I'm going to USA!

MattyinAus

Reaction score
Finally the longest week ever in my life came to end this morning with beautiful email which gave me a ski job offer at Park City Mountain Resort for this upcoming bumper snow season! I am getting 12month visa sometime next two months before flying out at end of November when I finish my uni degree!

USA here I come! This is my first ever international experience. Watch out American ladies, this hot Aussie guy is coming to get ya!

Y'all come, Matty! :welcome:

Which state will you be going to?

Mormon land!!!:D I'm allowed to say that I was raised mormon. Well, looks like you might be getting away from all those party girls Matt......except you're going to a skii resort, so just never you mind what I just said lol.

Haha thanks guys. LOL classic saying about mormon!

Yes it is in Utah, just near Salt Lake City. I'm sure there is only one Park City Mountain Resort in USA haha.

Oh yeah, I need to prepare the flock of American ladies heading towards my world! Haha, good luck :P

Haha thanks guys. LOL classic saying about mormon!

Yes it is in Utah, just near Salt Lake City. I'm sure there is only one Park City Mountain Resort in USA haha.

Oh yeah, I need to prepare the flock of American ladies heading towards my world! Haha, good luck :P

Near Salt Lake? okay obviously the people visiting the resort are going to be partying ;) But being close to Salt Lake...the townie's, the people who live and work? There's a very good chance there will be lots of Mormons and they won't be partiers :D Good Luck!!!

Haha it not that bad though. Nothing like uni or party towns like Honolulu, Miami or even California. Most of people in my program are under 21 and I'm only who is well over 21 haha. I'm so legal in US!

Finally the longest week ever in my life came to end this morning with beautiful email which gave me a ski job offer at Park City Mountain Resort for this upcoming bumper snow season! I am getting 12month visa sometime next two months before flying out at end of November when I finish my uni degree!

USA here I come! This is my first ever international experience. Watch out American ladies, this hot Aussie guy is coming to get ya!

I live about an hour and 20 minutes from Park City. :)

Matt; cool down in Utah and watch out for "wandering Polar bears"!They left "Toronto " recently-seems weather too hot here for them.
Your other "pets" crocodiles-not sure the story on them. Haven't spotted any of them here.

Last edited:
Oh nice. What is like there in terms of city lifestyle, climate and that etc?

My daughter & son-in-law live in Orem. I visited them last Nov & we took a day trip to Park City. Just walked the main street & visited the museum.
My impression of SLC/Orem/Provo ... Just like any other town/suburbs.
Climate - low humidity. Right now it's hot but they tell me it's not as bad as the east coast because of the low humidity. I will find out myself next week when I fly out to greet my grandson.

Haha it not that bad though. Nothing like uni or party towns like Honolulu, Miami or even California. Most of people in my program are under 21 and I'm only who is well over 21 haha. I'm so legal in US!

Watch out for Mitt Rowney's followers they will try to get you to vote for him!

have great time good on ya

Oh true.

LOL polar bears? Isn't that too far from the north pole?

Who is Mitt Rowney?

Thanks Caz.

Matt: You can check out the status of wandering polar bears in Utah. Update later.

Mitt Romney is the Republican candidate running for the president of the United States . The elections are in November. The current president Barack Obama is the Democratic candidate.

U S elections are not usually "boring".

Oh true.

LOL polar bears? Isn't that too far from the north pole?

Who is Mitt Rowney?

Thanks Caz.
It's Mitt Romney. He's the Republican candidate for President of the USA. He's a Mormon. Utah is full of Mormons.

I doubt you'll see any polar bears except in a zoo. :lol:

Haha I can see two replies in terms of my response at the same time here!

I wouldn't be there for the elections as I arrive to states around 30th November at least. I think Obama going to win yet again, who knows!

Mormons, not sure how annoying they are. I have these two old ladies always knock on my door every single week yelling out my name several times "You there home?". They are Witnesses. They were so forceful to get me into religious stuff. I'm not religious at all and don't need to.

Back