If you went fishing and caught a fish?

I know I was screaming when my dad told me it was OK to pick a live lobster he was about to cook. Dad thought all the lobster claws been pegged , but they weren't and it got me right on the finger I had sewed back on! I think that one was my dinner. And not to worry they were Kosher . :giggle:
Kosher lobster???

I am HoH, too, so I could hear it...though I doubt the Red Lobster kitchen would let their customer in just to watch them cook it...at least, not the ones near me

I am HoH, too, so I could hear it...though I doubt the Red Lobster kitchen would let their customer in just to watch them cook it...at least, not the ones near me
I've been around a lot of lobsters being boiled--they don't scream.

if u wAnt a friend, get a gold fish....
An enemy a.......

Last edited:
I've been around a lot of lobsters being boiled--they don't scream.

They can't scream for the simple reason they don't have throat or vocal cords.

That you can't hear it doesn't mean anything, sorry :)
animals may communicate in sound waves undetectable to human ear.
so, suppose they did have a throat and they were in fact screaming loud around you - you simply would be unable to hear that.

Fuzzy

They can't scream for the simple reason they don't have throat or vocal cords.

That you can't hear it doesn't mean anything, sorry :)
animals may communicate in sound waves undetectable to human ear.
so, suppose they did have a throat and they were in fact screaming loud around you - you simply would be unable to hear that.

Fuzzy

Really?
Interesting..why put em in head first?

Lobsters don't scream they cant make a voice sound like birds,Dogs and cats do.

Head-First-Dive.gif

:giggle:

Cool, just curious why put em head first..mmmmm

Actually, you can put them in any way you want to. It does seem to be advised that you put them in head first, probably because if you grip around the middle it's easiest to drop the heavier part into hot steaming water first. You don't have to see their pleading eyes saying "don't boil me!" S'truth

Actually, you can put them in any way you want to. It does seem to be advised that you put them in head first, probably because if you grip around the middle it's easiest to drop the heavier part into hot steaming water first. You don't have to see their pleading eyes saying "don't boil me!" S'truth

Ah

Really?
Interesting..why put em in head first?

why?? it really doesn't matter how you put them in,
but mostly b/c to save them from pain I guess, and the way they are being held.

btw there is a debate whether lobsters can feel any pain. some studies say since they do not have real nerves like humans do,
but something like the nerves, they do feel sort of pain, whatever it is they feel.

Fuzzy

why?? it really doesn't matter how you put them in,
but mostly b/c to save them from pain I guess, and the way they are being held.

btw there is a debate whether lobsters can feel any pain. some studies say since they do not have real nerves like humans do,
but something like the nerves, they do feel sort of pain, whatever it is they feel.

Fuzzy

Im more the poison blowfish kinda guy anyway......

Back