If you went fishing and caught a fish?

The Joker

Reaction score
Would you keep it eat it as your meal? or would you save that poor soul and throw it back in the water?

Eat. There are plenty of fish in the ocean. Why are you asking us all of these weird questions lately?

When my husband and I went fishing, he did not care very much for fishes especially the kind of fish he and I would like to eat. So if he or I caught the fish, then we would let the fish go back in the water. But if there is a good big fish, the kind we like, then we would need the fish for survival to eat on our table.

Hardly do we eat fish except on Lent days (sometime we eat fish and other time no). We love to fished just to get into nature whether we caught or not. We love the country life.

That is our culture.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGz-NIBZwEw[/ame]

Would you keep it eat it as your meal? or would you save that poor soul and throw it back in the water?

if it's catch-and-release only.... throw it back in. if not... I'll eat it.

strange you ask this I just had dream about stickle back fish how I went tiddler fishing as a kid

I will be doing a lot of fishing in Wyoming high in the mountains on a freestone river this coming July. I plan to catch and release
so, therefore, I have smashed down the barbs on all my fly hooks. Trout are sensitive so one does not "throw" them back; one cradles each one until it "comes to" and swims off....

Last edited:
tiddler fishing just net and jam jar count them put them back..days before computers when kids played and talked together..every school holiday we over in local river catching them until few got polio and river calveted..
I live near beach and every hundred yards or so there fishermen they catch cod if wrong size fling it back unfortunately with cod the shock kills them..
I been watching tv programme called 'river monsters'this guy go all over world catching these odd fish he weigh measure them and puts them back some more dangerous than sharks fascinating program

I will be doing a lot of fishing in Wyoming high in the mountains on a freestone river this coming July. I plan to catch and release
so, therefore, I have smashed down the barbs on all my fly hooks. Trout are sensitive so one does not "throw" them back; one cradles each one until it "comes to" and swims off....

My husband and I loved Trout and Whitefish. We went for them. :D

I'd definitely eat it if it met regulation size otherwise release. I release all catfish over 20lbs, their meat is too gamey flavored. Plus it gives other people the fun of catching a large fish. I hope they release too, but I know it's unlikely. Crappie season is here just in time. Got a new kayak, it's time to fish!

I don't see a point in catching a fish only to release it.
The hook hurts and injuries a fish - sometimes to the point it can't feed or just dies.
Nets can cause injury to the fish's scales. even the barbless hooks merely reduce, do not avoid causing injury to the fish.

So to me, it's stupid and cruel form of fishing. If you want to catch a fish, do it for a valid reason - eat it.

Catch-and-release fishing is cruelty disguised as “sport.” Studies show that fish who are caught and then returned to the water suffer such severe physiological stress that they often die of shock. Fish often swallow hooks, and anglers may try to retrieve a hook by shoving their fingers or pliers down the fish’s throat, ripping out not just the hook but some of the fish’s throat and guts as well. When fish are handled, the protective coating on their bodies is disturbed. These and other injuries make fish easy targets for predators once they are returned to the water.

Fish feel pain because, like all animals, they have nerves. Hooked fish struggle out of fear and physical pain, desperate to breathe. Once fish are hauled out of their aqueous environment and into ours, they begin to suffocate, and their gills often collapse. In commercial fishing, fish’s swim bladders can rupture because of the sudden change in pressure.

Angling hurts other animals too. Every year, anglers leave behind a trail of tackle victims that includes millions of birds, turtles, and other animals who suffer debilitating injuries after they swallow fishhooks or become entangled in fishing line. Wildlife rehabilitators say that discarded fishing tackle is one of the greatest threats to aquatic animals.

Fishing is far from a harmless pastime. Please encourage anglers to ditch their poles and try alternative activities, such as hiking, camping, and canoeing.

Not so innocent "sport"

Fuzzy

I don't see a point in catching a fish only to release it.
The hook hurts and injuries a fish - sometimes to the point it can't feed or just dies.
Nets can cause injury to the fish's scales. even the barbless hooks merely reduce, do not avoid causing injury to the fish.

So to me, it's stupid and cruel form of fishing. If you want to catch a fish, do it for a valid reason - eat it.

Catch-and-release fishing is cruelty disguised as “sport.” Studies show that fish who are caught and then returned to the water suffer such severe physiological stress that they often die of shock. Fish often swallow hooks, and anglers may try to retrieve a hook by shoving their fingers or pliers down the fish’s throat, ripping out not just the hook but some of the fish’s throat and guts as well. When fish are handled, the protective coating on their bodies is disturbed. These and other injuries make fish easy targets for predators once they are returned to the water.

Fish feel pain because, like all animals, they have nerves. Hooked fish struggle out of fear and physical pain, desperate to breathe. Once fish are hauled out of their aqueous environment and into ours, they begin to suffocate, and their gills often collapse. In commercial fishing, fish’s swim bladders can rupture because of the sudden change in pressure.

Angling hurts other animals too. Every year, anglers leave behind a trail of tackle victims that includes millions of birds, turtles, and other animals who suffer debilitating injuries after they swallow fishhooks or become entangled in fishing line. Wildlife rehabilitators say that discarded fishing tackle is one of the greatest threats to aquatic animals.

Fishing is far from a harmless pastime. Please encourage anglers to ditch their poles and try alternative activities, such as hiking, camping, and canoeing.

Not so innocent "sport"

Fuzzy

I don't agree with you. Anglers, hunters and people who run Fish and Game Departments are the ones who help keep a healthy balance.

Right, to keep the animal population in control.

I don't agree with you. Anglers, hunters and people who run Fish and Game Departments are the ones who help keep a healthy balance.

Back