If you went fishing and caught a fish?

LOL good try, except you are forgetting I am not planing to feed the country, not even a city or a village - just myself and my family.
and oh, if my potatoes get potato blight I can always try rutabaga. if rutabaga fails too, I can always try carrots and celery, if that fails, too, I can try any above soil level crop that can be dried such as beans, peas and other legumes, beans btw are rich in Iron, something that meat is desirable for.

Come to think of it, I probably will have better luck feeding my family with my nutrition-wise crops than you yours with meat only. because you will lack vitamins, you'll get scurvy pretty fast, poor night vision, depression, tremors. all you will have -lots of B-group so probably no anemia.
I at least protein wise can always count on greens and beans.

and seriously, you can get off your high horse already.
I said I despise catch and release, not failed to see practical side to hunting and fishing.
but you certainly don't need to "catch and release" in order to learn how to fish and hunt, do you?? you still do if you eat what you hunt and fish for cripes sake.

Fuzzy

I am going to go catch and release more fish. Maybe I can use veggies for bait?

TCS is from Michigan. He says that the part of Lake Michigan near Chicago might be polluted but the other side is pristine for swimming, boating, and fishing.

Also, the fish outside Chernobyl are NOT safe to eat. They weren't safe when TCS visited near there, and they aren't safe now, according to a recent documentary.

Yep ... all you had to say was "Chicago"

LOL good try, except you are forgetting I am not planing to feed the country, not even a city or a village - just myself and my family.
good luck! would be quite ironic if your crops got eaten by animals.

and oh, if my potatoes get potato blight I can always try rutabaga. if rutabaga fails too, I can always try carrots and celery, if that fails, too, I can try any above soil level crop that can be dried such as beans, peas and other legumes, beans btw are rich in Iron, something that meat is desirable for.

Come to think of it, I probably will have better luck feeding my family with my nutrition-wise crops than you yours with meat only. because you will lack vitamins, you'll get scurvy pretty fast, poor night vision, depression, tremors. all you will have -lots of B-group so probably no anemia.
um... meat only? we're omnivores.... we eat anything and everything.

I at least protein wise can always count on greens and beans.
don't forget kale.

and seriously, you can get off your high horse already.
I said I despise catch and release, not failed to see practical side to hunting and fishing.
but you certainly don't need to "catch and release" in order to learn how to fish and hunt, do you?? you still do if you eat what you hunt and fish for cripes sake.

Fuzzy
because you despise catch and release... you fail to see the practical side to hunting and fishing.

dogs need to chew on toys, right? it's to mimic chewing on bones and preys.
cats need to be played with laser dot, right? it's to mimic hunting for preys.
mouse needs to run in an exercise wheel, right? it's to mimic running in wild.

it's in their nature and it's the best they can do in this modern world full of asphalts and concrete.

so we humans do catch-and-release. it's far better than hunting for fun, no?

because you despise catch and release... you fail to see the practical side to hunting and fishing.

no I don't, YOU made that assumption. quite mistakenly, I add.

so we humans do catch-and-release. it's far better than hunting for fun, no?

NO it's NOT. they both bad

I see the problem you have you don't understand a word I say. That's too bad.

I see the problem you have you don't understand a word I say. That's too bad.

hmm... is it that I don't understand what you say or you don't understand what I say? but if it's me... does that mean you're right? :hmm:

The fish I caught last year...

hmm... is it that I don't understand what you say or you don't understand what I say? but if it's me... does that mean you're right? :hmm:

LOL...
If you have understood right away what I said in the beginning :
I don't like catch and release. fishing and eating fish is OK with me" -then you'd have saved yourself (and me) this entire tiresome exchange.

Fuzzy

LOL...
If you have understood right away what I said in the beginning :
I don't like catch and release. fishing and eating fish is OK with me" -then you'd have saved yourself (and me) this entire tiresome exchange.

Fuzzy

but I don't understand what you said in the beginning because your reasoning is unsound.

Yes, very true....please take a look at Lake Michigan, VERY polluted lake due to Political negligence. You basically can not swim/fishing in Lake Michigan ANYMORE.

polluted-lake-michigan.jpg

:mad:

I am so surprised to see that picture. I was there about 15 years ago, and it looked nice. Now, it's a piece of ****.

but I don't understand what you said in the beginning because your reasoning is unsound.

:roll:

I clearly relayed what I mean from the start.
Just because you screwed up by not paying attention to what you read and jumped to conclusions, doesn't make me wrong and you right.
It's as simple as that.

Fuzzy

When my dad when fishing on his yacht he was throw fish back into the water if he did not like that kind , he caught a lot small sharks that he threw back in.

$_35.JPG

I used this kind when I went fishing with dad.

:roll:

I clearly relayed what I mean from the start.
Just because you screwed up by not paying attention to what you read and jumped to conclusions, doesn't make me wrong and you right.
It's as simple as that.

Fuzzy

one thing I learned in communication class...

Message Sent not equal to Message Received

It's a Carp fish... it has lots of bones so we released it.

I've caught Bass, trout and catfish and eaten it in the past.

Yeah, when I was growing up, carp were looked down on but there are others who say the only way this rough fish, the carp, is good is if it is smoked.

I think I will bow out of this thread now as I think it has been been smeared with enough liberal craziness.....

Last edited:
Think I'll jump in here....caught the biggest Catfish in St. Augustine...we didn't eat it!...took pixs of it and all. Too many bones and knowing Catfish will eat anything, they are nasty! While growing up, my siblings and I caught a lot of Red Fin Pike at the Creek...and yes, we did eat them, along with Perch and Catfish, as we lived off the Land.
Haven't been fishing lately, but would love to go again, along with crabbing too.

Back