I need advice

I mentioned a few pages back some things re what you're talking about. Find out if there is a more local program for your younger daughter that would be appropriate. Or, if you decide you want them in school together, at least they would have eachother during the rides. I would request information from them prior to the IEP what programs are available. Have them send it to you in writing so you can take time to weigh it all out. Is this an IEP for your son or daughter?

You'll just have to sit down and weigh out the pros and cons. If there are other programs available, get a clear idea on what they entail, the students needs (other DHH kids?), and whether or not the teacher and staff are fluent in sign.

Both of my children would go to the school. Austin needs the deaf community but I want them in school together. THe meeting is for Austin. Thats a good Idea I'll have to call the person back to have her mail me that list.

Jillio and Csign- I was NOT in any means trying to put yall on the table that way its hard to express what I want to say for me on the internet I really DO appriciate Everything yall are doing really..

Don't worry about putting us "on the table." It's just the way some people are. Just ignore the unfortunate silly comments, and take in the relevant information. You didn't do anything
:)

Last edited:
Again; you allowed your unwarranted negativity towards me to cloud your vision, and not even take
the opportunity to look at the link I provided.

Also regarding the bolded statement above, it would appear that you are more interested in negating
virtually everything I have to say, even when I'm offering up information directly relevant to the situation at hand. It seems you are trying to, "take care" of my posts.

You nay say the link I provided without even clicking on it. Yet you are quick to "like" and compliment Ash345's post, when she was providing links that she had gotten directly off the link I provided.

Your personal vendetta's against myself and others on this forum aren't necessary. It often appears you respond before actually reading posts in there
entirety, looking for anything and everything you can jump on.

Let's leave the silliness out of this thread, and allow this mother to read some
thoughtful and insightful posts..

You are not Pat Benatar; this is not love, and it's certainly not a Battlefield.

If Jillio bugs you so much, put her on ignore. You didn't need to take this topic off-track. Let this thread be about A&E's concerns.

If Jillio bugs you so much, put her on ignore. You didn't need to take this topic off-track. Let this thread be about A&E's concerns.

Was it necessary to make this comment? If you were here from the start of the thread you would have seen the sequence of events. I did not take this thread off topic.

Wish I could put her on ignore. The fact is if I do that I won't be able to see the libelous claims she makes against me, and I won't be able to provide the facts and defend my name against her nonsense.

Csign- I have not heard anything yet on an IEP meeting I went to the school up here to place them but havent heard word yet.. They have not went to school yet here in WV.

Jillio- I'd have to do that after they get placed. and every answer is good even if the question was kinda adressed to you its always nice to hear what other people think I should do anything helps at this point I want to be totally prepared when I get the IEP meating so that way they know I'm well educated on all of this.

If you have not had an IEP by this time, you need to put the pressure on the local school. This is August, and school starts in a few weeks. Their placement needs to be decided before the start of the school year or they will be placed in the mainstream by default. It will be more difficult to get a change in placement at that point.

Was it necessary to make this comment? If you were here from the start of the thread you would have seen the sequence of events. I did not take this thread off topic.

Wish I could put her on ignore. The fact is if I do that I won't be able to see the libelous claims she makes against me, and I won't be able to provide the facts and defend my name against her nonsense.

Yes. You started with the whining against Jillio on page ONE.

Jillio and Csign- I was NOT in any means trying to put yall on the table that way its hard to express what I want to say for me on the internet I really DO appriciate Everything yall are doing really..

GREAT NEWS : I got an IEP set up for the 16th but, i do not know how I feel about this:
They are talking about providing everyday transportation to and from the Romney school for the deaf (1hr and 30 min away) Its kind of far but its a deaf school I need some feedback what would you do if this was your child? Keep in mind if that child needs to be picked up from school ASAP for medical reasons or beyond... Im mixed cuz I want them in a deaf school but I do not know if I want them that far.... let me see both sides..

Not a problem. I simply don't like posters who have frequently provided innacurrate information to answer questions that were addressed to me. I don't want misinformation associated with any of my responses. And there is a very good reason for this.

Good to know that the IEP is set up. Didn't see that when I made my first response. For the 1 hour 30 minute transportation schedule, I would, and have, agreed to that. It was necessary for me to get my son into a Deaf school. It was well worth the time he spent on the bus, as he was able to associate with other students from the school that had an even longer ride than he did.

Just one question: are you saying that the evals will be done after placement at the deaf school has been decided?

There is that defensiveness again. This is not about you defending yourself.

Again turning this into something about you, when it is, in fact, a thread about a deaf child and their educational and linquistic needs. Take your pettiness to PM if you have to insist on behaving like this.

Who did you say started all the bickering that caused parents to leave this site? LOL.

Yes. You started with the whining against Jillio on page ONE.

Factually incorrect. What's the phrase? "read honey."

Sorry, honey, but this is on page ONE:

Jillio- please don't turn EVERY SINGLE thread into a battle. There is absolutely no need for it, and it's certainly not productive. Thank you.

You could have shut your mouth before making that post. You didn't need to start derailing from that point on. You could've let it be about A&EMamma's thread.

Perhaps you should have one of your green brownies (or rather, lay off them.)

Again turning this into something about you, when it is, in fact, a thread about a deaf child and their educational and linquistic needs. Take your pettiness to PM if you have to insist on behaving like this.

Who did you say started all the bickering that caused parents to leave this site? LOL.

That would undoubtedly be you, Jillio. From her first posts in this thread, you've done nothing but pick at what she's written, even contradicting your own posts on several occasions, and Csign has shown amazing restraint, consistently attempting to maintain a focus on AandEMomma's needs and questions. If only you would spend half the energy providing resources that you do in attempting (unsuccessfully) to undermine all of CSign's very useful contributions to this thread, you'd be a formidable source of information rather than such a destructive force.

You really need to set aside the attacks and snide remarks and allow others to have a voice here.

Here goes another thread, simply because a couple of hearing parents refuse to let the Deaf mentor and instead have to make it all about how hearing parents are treated badly. God, this story is getting so freakin' old. :roll:

It would be so nice if threads could remain informative until they simply run their course instead of everything turning into a "it's all about the hearing parent" thread.

As it is, CSign, all you had to do was ignore Jillio from the start of this thread if she bugs you so much. None of the past few posts would've needed to be said. I am done with this thread, not going to contribute to any more derailment.

I am guessing that they will do evaluations once in the school I do know that MSD did an evaluation before placement but i do not know if WVSDB does this process as I only have experience with one school.

TO EVERYONE BICKERING AND ARGUING I THINK WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND CAN PLACE OUR COMMENTS TO WHOM EVER WAS ASKED OR NOT I THOUGHT THE POINT ON A THREAD AND FOURM WAS TO GET ANSWERS AND I DO NOT CARE WHO ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS ASKED ITS NICE TO HEAR FROM ALL PARTIES ON WHAT THEY THINK I CAME HERE SOULY ON OPINIONS AND OPTIONS I MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ON EDUCATION. I AM HOH MYSELF AND CAN SEE BOTH POINT FROM THE HEARING PARENTS AS MY PARENTS ARE HEARING AND I LIKE TO SEE THE POINTS OF THE DEAF BECAUSE MORE DEAF KNOW ABOUT DEAF SCHOOLS THEN SOMEONE WHO WAS MAINSTREEMED THINKING SHE WAS THE ONLY DEAF CHILD UNTIL CHILDREN CAME ALONG I AM A YOUNG MOM(25) TO BE EXACT AND HAD CHILDREN AT A YOUNG AGE AND NEED HELP THAT IS HOW IM GOING TO END THIS SO OPINIONS MATTER BUT LETS BE ADULTS AND NOT START ARGUMENTS PLEASE IM TRYING TO PLACE THIS AS NICE AS I CAN GET IT

THANKS

Sorry, honey, but this is on page ONE:

You could have shut your mouth before making that post. You didn't need to start derailing from that point on. You could've let it be about A&EMamma's thread.

Perhaps you should have one of your green brownies (or rather, lay off them.)

:laugh2: So, you don't point out the initial derailing-the-thread argument that Jillio made (which was proven to be incorrect, even using Jillio's own opposing definition, which clearly showed her post for the baseless and arbitrary attack it was). Instead you point out Csign's request to please not derail after a string of Jillio's OT posts as if that was the initial departure? :thumbd: (sorry AandEMomma)

Here goes another thread, simply because a couple of hearing parents refuse to let the Deaf mentor and instead have to make it all about how hearing parents are treated badly. God, this story is getting so freakin' old. :roll:

It would be so nice if threads could remain informative until they simply run their course instead of everything turning into a "it's all about the hearing parent" thread.

Given that you are a hearing parent, why don't you take your own advice once in a while?

I am guessing that they will do evaluations once in the school I do know that MSD did an evaluation before placement but i do not know if WVSDB does this process as I only have experience with one school.

TO EVERYONE BICKERING AND ARGUING I THINK WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND CAN PLACE OUR COMMENTS TO WHOM EVER WAS ASKED OR NOT I THOUGHT THE POINT ON A THREAD AND FOURM WAS TO GET ANSWERS AND I DO NOT CARE WHO ANSWERS ANY QUESTIONS ASKED ITS NICE TO HEAR FROM ALL PARTIES ON WHAT THEY THINK I CAME HERE SOULY ON OPINIONS AND OPTIONS I MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ON EDUCATION. I AM HOH MYSELF AND CAN SEE BOTH POINT FROM THE HEARING PARENTS AS MY PARENTS ARE HEARING AND I LIKE TO SEE THE POINTS OF THE DEAF BECAUSE MORE DEAF KNOW ABOUT DEAF SCHOOLS THEN SOMEONE WHO WAS MAINSTREEMED THINKING SHE WAS THE ONLY DEAF CHILD UNTIL CHILDREN CAME ALONG I AM A YOUNG MOM(25) TO BE EXACT AND HAD CHILDREN AT A YOUNG AGE AND NEED HELP THAT IS HOW IM GOING TO END THIS SO OPINIONS MATTER BUT LETS BE ADULTS AND NOT START ARGUMENTS PLEASE IM TRYING TO PLACE THIS AS NICE AS I CAN GET IT

THANKS

I am done with arguing with those that are taking offense. In the future, I will simply post what I know to be accurate information. If someone else gets offended by that contradicting something they have said, Oh, well.

They may be using the old evaluations you have if they are not 3 years old yet to faciliate getting them placed since it is so close to the beginning of school. As long as they are not disputing placement at the deaf school this is fine. The home school will no doubt schedule evals in the near future, because they legally have to do so in order to keep the kids on the IEP that places them out of district. They pay special attention to these things when you have moved to a new school district. If, at your IEP, they try to deny placement, insist on the evals.

Back