I may have a fur-ever friend?

Try one of the squeaky toys for her. A friend has a boxer and he loves those he'll hold it in his mouth and keep squeaking it lol

Try one of the squeaky toys for her. A friend has a boxer and he loves those he'll hold it in his mouth and keep squeaking it lol

Yes she has some but killed the squeekers already, I got more new toys packed away I will get out soon. My other mutt Sparky ( my daughter has him, he is a jack russle mix) He will tear open anything with a squeeker and kill it...lol

Yes she has some but killed the squeekers already, I got more new toys packed away I will get out soon. My other mutt Sparky ( my daughter has him, he is a jack russle mix) He will tear open anything with a squeeker and kill it...lol

Our Malti/Poo is terrific at disassembling any toy and thinks the object is to remove the squeaker.

I have resorted to tying two socks in a knot and making something that looks like a butterfly.

It's pretty, she loves to fetch it and play tug with it, and it's basically free to replace since everybody wears out socks. It's recycling!

Our Malti/Poo is terrific at disassembling any toy and thinks the object is to remove the squeaker.

I have resorted to tying two socks in a knot and making something that looks like a butterfly.

It's pretty, she loves to fetch it and play tug with it, and it's basically free to replace since everybody wears out socks. It's recycling!

It must be a Malti/Poo thing. Marley does the exact same thing. When I was watching my daughters dog I was surprised all his toys still had squeakers.

It must be a Malti/Poo thing. Marley does the exact same thing. When I was watching my daughters dog I was surprised all his toys still had squeakers.

Yes, I feel sorry for Joey! Before we got the puppy he had a whole little family of sock monkeys made for dogs that he carried around and took care of.

I think she killed them all within a week.

Luckily he adjusted and plays with her now. It's really cute considering he is deaf/blind and pretty frail.

Yes, I feel sorry for Joey! Before we got the puppy he had a whole little family of sock monkeys made for dogs that he carried around and took care of.

I think she killed them all within a week.

Luckily he adjusted and plays with her now. It's really cute considering he is deaf/blind and pretty frail.

That is pretty funny. I think Marley killed a couple of Murph's toys too.

Ahhh Joey sounds so sweet. I have thought about getting another dog but I think when my daughter moves back I'll have their dog for some time. Murph & Marley are pretty good friends. I was scared because he is big compared to Marley, but Marley is the one who chases him.

When my friend first got this boxer I got him a couple squeaky toys one was a big monkey with a squeaker in both hands and feet of it and a small giraffe with the squeaker in the body of it. He tears the monkeys up but he loves them and carries it everywhere even outside to use the bathroom so once he tears to pieces they throw it away and give him another. He takes it in his mouth and slings it around or throws it up in the air to chase it. This is the monkey:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ICHIGS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com : Multipet Swingin Safari Monkey 22-Inch Large Plush Dog Toy with Extra Long Arms and Legs with Squeakers : Pet Squeak Toys : Pet Supplies[/ame]

The giraffe is smaller and harder to mess up its the one he carries around in his mouth and keeps squeaking over and over.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KWMPS6/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Aspen/Booda Corporation DBX53693 Stretchies-Giraffe, Small: Pet Supplies[/ame]

I've gotten them off Amazon or Ebay but found the monkey cheaper at a pet site but have never ordered from them.
Swingin Safari Monkey

Boxer's are really good dogs there very smart and friendly but as big as they are it could scare someone they have a real deep mean sounding bark.

Those breed DNA tests are worthless. People checked the breed that I'm involved with, and these dogs have something like a 20 generation pedigree on their dogs, basically as far back as shortly after WWII (when the dogs were saved from Hitler by being moved out of the country as fast as they could do it, the dogs were killed intentionally by the Nazis). Anyway, neither of the available DNA tests identified the breed. Also, the mixes that they said it could possibly be a mix of made no logical sense given the history of the breed. I think they had Boston Terrier and Boykin Spaniel as being in the breed makeup of a Vizsla.

The test found genes that just about every dog has and seems to have just chosen possibilities based on what is in their database, and the database of these tests is very limited. People do better guesses at what is in their dog's makeup by looking at what the dogs physically resemble. Showing two photos, straight on at the dog's face while sitting or standing, and a side photo of the dog standing, gets better answers than the DNA tests.

The tests are faddish and just not very accurate right now. Dogs are so closely related and the tests have limits on distinguishing between breeds.

Those breed DNA tests are worthless. People checked the breed that I'm involved with, and these dogs have something like a 20 generation pedigree on their dogs, basically as far back as shortly after WWII (when the dogs were saved from Hitler by being moved out of the country as fast as they could do it, the dogs were killed intentionally by the Nazis). Anyway, neither of the available DNA tests identified the breed. Also, the mixes that they said it could possibly be a mix of made no logical sense given the history of the breed. I think they had Boston Terrier and Boykin Spaniel as being in the breed makeup of a Vizsla.

The test found genes that just about every dog has and seems to have just chosen possibilities based on what is in their database, and the database of these tests is very limited. People do better guesses at what is in their dog's makeup by looking at what the dogs physically resemble. Showing two photos, straight on at the dog's face while sitting or standing, and a side photo of the dog standing, gets better answers than the DNA tests.

The tests are faddish and just not very accurate right now. Dogs are so closely related and the tests have limits on distinguishing between breeds.

I have to disagree with you there. My wife has 3 Havaneese's show dogs, all certified, pedigreed...ect... The DNA is the same as with humans, except for dogs. They can tell you what breed, what line (originations) ect...
Maybe different for purebreds? But they can narrow it down to who the original breed was... kind of like a Family tree. This dog came from these parents who were the offspring of these grandparents who were of the great grandparents of this dog. lol
It can also tell you what 2, 3, or 100, or 1000 breeds were used to produce this so called purebred...science is amazing sometimes.
I see your standpoint, it is fairly new and not all dogs are in the system, but the ones who were closely doccumented are, I know for a fact there are some new breeds that are not in the system yet because the AKC..ect... doesnt reconize them yet since there are new breeds coming out all the time. breed a cocker spainel with a poodle and get a Cockadoodle or something...lol

There's actually a LOT of difference between dapple and brindle. Dapple is just the same as merle, you mate two dapples/merles and you can get deaf and blind dogs. That doesn't happen to brindles, unless you are breeding flashy boxers that have that big collar of white around their neck and on their chest and it can extend to the ears. If that patch of white extends into the ears, the boxer can be deaf. But a boxer deaf due to excessive flash is not the same as a double dapple/double merle being deaf and blind (sometimes actually eyeless).

Well to anyone who sees them they think they're the same- I wasn't speaking genetically! And just because one can have a genetic deficiency doesn't mean that they are polar opposites either!

-Kelsie

Every so often Zena Toots her horn, well today she has been running me out of the house, whooooo girl, tone it down....whooo!

She been lazy lately ...lol

My dog Marty sleep like that too , with his hind legs up in the air.

We had a summer camp in New Hampshire and some friends of my sister came over and we where all sitting out on the pouch and all of a sudden someone let out a deadly fart and everyone get quiet and wonder who farted . Then it happen again and this time it was a really bad ! Then our beagle crawl out from under the couch and give us a look walk out the room. it was very funny , we'll thought someone was farting and the whole it was our dog.

Back