I may have a fur-ever friend?

Sono you will have plenty of doggie drool to grace your other windows

I like to see dogs enjoying their car rides.

I dont like the invisible fence. One time, my friend's son tried to pull their dog through the fence. Her son did not know when the dog was in pain being forced. She saw her son doing it and she ran down to stop him, not to bring her dog go through the invisible fence. Poor dog.

Has anyone had any experience with Osage Orange tree living fences?
Its an invasive tree, but you loop the sapling back into the ground to somewhat weave them together, its a strong dense fence as long as you trim it and keep it tidy. It produces a useless fruit, but otherwise its pretty... They have thorns to keep preditors out and make a great barrier.... Just a thought for where the road is as it will be stronger and more durable????

Attachments

• oof1.jpg
    oof1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 10
  • oof2.jpg
    oof2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
  • oof3.jpg
    oof3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
Hey dogsmom, my dog also has fibrosarcoma. Hers wasn't in a vaccination spot, it's on her side, in front of her leg, on a human it would be approximately between your hip and the crease of your leg. It grew from a small lump to the size of a softball in the month it took us to diagnose and do exploratory surgery (he ended up debulking it because it was so massive and invasive and it was already painful for her to walk). Within a month it was the size of a mango. 2 weeks after we started chemo, it was gone. I was told by my oncologists that most dogs with fibrosarcoma average about an 18 month life span after diagnosis, because it comes back and invades organs and makes the dog bleed out. We told ourselves we'd be ok with 6 months, thrilled if we got 18, and anything after that is a super bonus. We're at three years, and her oncology visit today was fantastic, her lymphocytes are still low but they have increased from a month or so ago so we're on the right track and it probably was just stress induced. I'm so happy for the existence of low dose metronomic chemotherapy.

Oh, and the vets suspect that she had gotten a passing virus which triggered the cancer, she was sick with a normal dog sickness (some sort of kennel cough that was viral), she had a few seizures right after that and the tumor started to grow. That's a lot of coincidence, and she's not had a seizure since so she doesn't have epilepsy. For those who don't know, juvenile dogs can have some seizures and then never again, just the way that children can have a random seizure or two and then never develop epilepsy.

It's great that you got clear margins, that makes a huge difference. We were told that even if we had found it when it was the size of a dime, it wouldn't have mattered because of the shape it was growing, we wouldn't have gotten clear margins. Given how goddamned fast that tumor was growing, it was probably just a a few days to a week old when we found it. Before that, it was too microscopic to be seen and no one would have known it was there.

:wave:Eater of Worlds, thanks

I'm sooo relieved and happy for you that your vet visit had such a good outcome!

I think there may be various names for similar things and/or, different clinicians or researchers on this may group or categorize these types of things variously, so forgive any confusion. Technically our vet called it a peripheral nerve sheath tumor and told us these things generally do not metastasize and since he got very good margins and low-grade, he was not so concerned. He did tell us that what we need to watch for is it coming back.

Seems that your dog's tumor was super-fast...and tricky! You caught it and worked on healing for your dog and that's the best you can do:aw:

we have my girl's annual Spring appt. next week; we;ll do full bloods <especially given the tumor, but we routinely do full bloods on the dogs> and the other usual things. I titer and do heartworm seasonally. This year with the lack of Interceptor, we are considering doing the Ivermetcin sensitivity test for both girls as they're technically both herding breeds and my youngest has several anomalies for the breed...though they are not one of the breeds technically classified in the "at risk" listing for that sensitivity.

I am skeptical about this. Don't some dogs like to dig?

If there are two bushes together, my dog can plow through them even if they have thorns, he doesn't care. Last summer he ran through a patch of wild thorny roses, made himself bloody, then ran back through them to return to me even though he could have run around them. A woven fence with big thorns he might resist if it's woven tightly enough or the thorns are nasty enough. He is also a fence jumper, a 6 foot fence doesn't contain him. So my dog just can't go outside without a human, he has no respect for fences. My girl won't even jump a little baby gate.

I know someone with a dog of the same breed, and hers is such a fence jumper and escape artist that her double fenced yard was no challenge and nothing kept him in the yard except the dog being on leash. What she ended up doing was not only making a physical barrier under the fence that the dog couldn't dig through, but also she put electric fencing on the outer fence, set for a level appropriate for dogs, not cattle or horses. It is actually a better electric zap system than the invisible fence. She trained him, of course, that it was there, but he could see it and avoid it and the physical barriers of the fence were there too. She lives way out in the country, no indoor doggie daycares around, and her dog had a desperate need to run. It was either electric fence, or the dog daily taking off and running for hours who knows where. She had about 2 acres fenced in, too, it wasn't like she was keeping him in a dinky area, and she did agility with him and other active things. He dog was just built with hyperdrive.

There is this creature, yes, I am using that term as does Animal Care and Control, that will attack without any provocation at all. It's due to his breeding and his training. Sadly, the pieces of crud who own him, do not speak English, and do not use a leash. This creature has gotten loose so many times, been picked up eight times by ACC and still is returned. Creature is one of 5 in the house who are all being trained as aggressive guard dogs. Police have been involved as well. This creature has killed 2 dogs, injured 3 dogs, 3 children and 5 adults. The particular percentages of the breeds are just barely within legal guidelines and the County is thinking of changing those percentages. The breeder was shut down.

What breed is this creature? 70% German Shepherd Dog and 30% American Wolf. He is the reason my daughter's dog had to be put down. She and her dog were attacked. Police were involved. EMT's were involved. Vet bill was close to $500. Buddy (daughter's dog) became very aggressive after that. We worked with a trainer and did all we could. Finally, were told, either muzzle him or put him down. We muzzled when outside, but he then started to attack my daughter. He was put down the next day.

I was told by ACC yesterday, that since there a more reports and they have an interpreter now that knows this man's language, it will be taken care of.

You are mistaken right then and there. You think as a human, not as a dog, an animal.
This dog is trained to attack, to hunt. it's wild, his genes are pure predator.
To him, whether he is on his owner's fenced property or managed to get loose,
he is on HIS OWN TERRITORY. Any other animal, human, particularly dog he comes upon
is perceived as a threat, or as a prey.
he is going to hunt or kill an intruder who dared to enter his territory.
it that simple. what other explanation do you need.

I agree the breeder should be prosecuted and never ever allowed to breed the dogs,
as for this particular breed - it's clear it is not suited for socializing, therefore, immediately discontinued.

As for your daughter's dog, I suspect he became fear aggressive, in such cases the dog tend to attack pre-preemptively (first) a treat which probably was made worse by the owners who in such cases tend to "baby" the "poor, abused puppy" - talk to him in soft voice "it's okay, baby, it's okay, don't be scared etc" which makes the dog think he is doing something right by striking.
a common mistake which ensured the bad behaviour. I did that with my own dog - bad idea :(

The situation actually improved when we started to correct the dog as nothing ever happened. we watched for bad behaviour BEFORE it happened,
to prevent it in the first place.
My dog is not ideal but at least he learned to obey. well some lolol

Fuzzy

You are mistaken right then and there. You think as a human, not as a dog, an animal.
This dog is trained to attack, to hunt. it's wild, his genes are pure predator.
To him, whether he is on his owner's fenced property or managed to get loose,
he is on HIS OWN TERRITORY. Any other animal, human, particularly dog he comes upon
is perceived as a threat, or as a prey.
he is going to hunt or kill an intruder who dared to enter his territory.
it that simple. what other explanation do you need.

I agree the breeder should be prosecuted and never ever allowed to breed the dogs,
as for this particular breed - it's clear it is not suited for socializing, therefore, immediately discontinued.

As for your daughter's dog, I suspect he became fear aggressive, in such cases the dog tend to attack pre-preemptively (first) a treat which probably was made worse by the owners who in such cases tend to "baby" the "poor, abused puppy" - talk to him in soft voice "it's okay, baby, it's okay, don't be scared etc" which makes the dog think he is doing something right by striking.
a common mistake which ensured the bad behaviour. I did that with my own dog - bad idea :(

The situation actually improved when we started to correct the dog as nothing ever happened. we watched for bad behaviour BEFORE it happened,
to prevent it in the first place.
My dog is not ideal but at least he learned to obey. well some lolol

Fuzzy

Believe what you will. Creature was not in a fenced in yard. Creature had no fence. Creature attacked the whole neighborhood. Creature's family did not obey leash laws.

I am done and out. I will never mention anything about family, home, anything again on this forum.

Believe what you will. Creature was not in a fenced in yard. Creature had no fence. Creature attacked the whole neighborhood. Creature's family did not obey leash laws.

I am done and out. I will never mention anything about family, home, anything again on this forum.

Bet you can't stick to that resolve! :rofl:

Well, since I have to travel for the paperwork and Zena has to go as well, Ill just ride with my Aunt to and from...Gonna be an exciting trip.

Have you paid attention to what I wrote?
I just said - fenced or NOT fenced.
It doesn't matter.

what matter is this: the Creature believes everything is its territory.
therefore, the Creature must protect the territory.
Anything that comes on the Creature's territory - a child, and adult, another dog, a kitty - must be hunted and destroyed.

It's a predator thinking.

So, yes, in a way there is a "warning", a "provocation" - from seriously damaged dog a standpoint.

Hope you understand now.

Creature owner is breaking a law, hands down. It was never in dispute.

Fuzzy

Heres the plan for Saturday. My wife thinks Im going to work on the house a bit cleaning up with my son, actually, My mom is meeting me to take my son , then I will head over to my Aunts to travel to IL to finalize everything for Zena. When I get back I will pick up my son and head to the house, Once my wife is finished at the Garden club she will stop by the house to drop off plants for the garden and be surprised I got Zena as she doesnt know I got approved for her and we both love her as well as being great with our son.... My Dog, but our son will probly be attached to her the most...lol

Well, Zena has a new permanent home !!!
She is well trained, doesnt run off, sits and stays on command. Walks besides you and not easily distracted... very well mannered.
Plays well with my son too.

Attachments

• Photo3203.jpg
    Photo3203.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
Awww! So happy for you! My dachshund is dapple, which is pretty much brindle but with grey markings. He is my fur ever friend! He's like my son! Love him so much. They really do become part of the family

-Kelsie

Gave her a bath tonight, she didnt want anything to do with getting in the tub BUT she did amazing, not a single mess and she smells great now...lol

please help me!!! :)

Hello everyone!

I am an ASL 1 student looking to be more involved in the deaf world. I have no clue how to make a thread on this blog. I am also in desperate:wave: need for some help on my homework.

My teacher asked for me to talk to a deaf person, and ask for their opinion on how they think English should be thought.
Thank you guys so much.

Hello everyone!

I am an ASL 1 student looking to be more involved in the deaf world. I have no clue how to make a thread on this blog. I am also in desperate:wave: need for some help on my homework.

My teacher asked for me to talk to a deaf person, and ask for their opinion on how they think English should be thought.
Thank you guys so much.

You have asked, and I have answered.

Now please don't go around being annoying in the member's threads.

Hello everyone!

Thank you guys so much.

Seriouly you can't just go to different topics and type the same post over and over. Bottesini has given you good advice and you should listen to her.

Your questions about how we think English be "thought"......do you mean taught?

Back