I am so mad for this!

Megladon said:
Nothing if they are widely used words, but i believe that is the first time i've ever seen that used, who else on here uses that? lol, wtf, omfg, those everyone use, so its not a big deal but if people see uddy, and think cow udders or wtf is that, then maybe its not used enough to use. Other then the occasional lol, or the seemingly more frequent wtf, i dont use abriviations unless i really dont know how to spell a word and cant come close to spelling it right after trying.

Guess its your peeve english. Thats ok. For your information, I have been at many different boards, not always deaf boards, even hearing people. They do use abbrev, misspell or whatever you named it. So this board is not alone as well.
I am sure that most of you know what are the words for abbrev. Anyway, the point is that we come to chat on the board in order to have fun, not critizing everyones english or grammers or whatever. I do admit that my english isn't perfect either. I am learning everyday too.

Defee said:
umm whats wrong with slang or abbreviated words?...we all use words that is short for something..geeez! it would be easier to use abbrev. words when you type in here..dont ya use abbreviated words? they are real words but shortened.
yea i agree with u for that... :cheers:

Frisky Feline said:
Guess its your peeve english. Thats ok. For your information, I have been at many different boards, not always deaf boards, even hearing people. They do use abbrev, misspell or whatever you named it. So this board is not alone as well.
I am sure that most of you know what are the words for abbrev. Anyway, the point is that we come to chat on the board in order to have fun, not critizing everyones english or grammers or whatever. I do admit that my english isn't perfect either. I am learning everyday too.
HI FIVE! girl!! you darn right!! You said it very well!! we come in here to have fun chatting and discussing things, not criticizing somebody's bad spelling or poor grammar! we are not perfect even hearing aint perfect either!!

TweetyBird said:
yup!!! thats right.. :) that why i got upset yesterday abt that... but i am ok... so i still looking for best the dr for me...

That's good you're ok.. do what you think is best and follow your heart and guts. :) Do keep us posted what other dr says..

Wildcoyote70 said:
That's good you're ok.. do what you think is best and follow your heart and guts. :) Do keep us posted what other dr says..
thanks!! ofc i do follow my heart and guts.. :)

Frisky Feline said:

i misspell words all the time, sometimes by accident, other times because i type fast, i dont normaly get on people unless they spell things like kat. But if someone has to ask what something means because they decided to take off half the word where it looks like nothing it origonaly was, what kind of time saver is that, infact look at it here, the past last page has been about nothing.

Megladon said:
i misspell words all the time, sometimes by accident, other times because i type fast, i dont normaly get on people unless they spell things like kat. But if someone has to ask what something means because they decided to take off half the word where it looks like nothing it origonaly was, what kind of time saver is that, infact look at it here, the past last page has been about nothing.

I understand you dislike the abbrev but others do like the abbrev. I am not complaining about others as long as I understand them. If i dont understand the words and will ask them. They will be more than happy to tell you what words meant. I do not want to discuss about it any futher because i do not know you or your background as I want to leave it alone as for now. :) Hope you would be continuing to post anyway as i enjoy reading yours. ;)

megadolon just let them talk thier perfered words and don't put them down like that again please. leave them be. thanks. and take it easy with that scarasm.

I entirely support the concept of the interpeter issues, this way no conflict of intrest ( no misunderstanding) no pressures and her mother being the interpeter is very conflicting and can cause emtional plms, I for one agree with most of u , IF the doctor WON'T give an interpeter's right then thier in whole heaps of trouble with the ADA. Let me get a link here and show u so u ll know tweety abt the ada laws and all medical issues..

this is under the NAD information... will provide links on the bottom.

Are Doctors Required to Provide Interpreters for Medical Visits and Other Medical-Related Situations?
The short answer is yes. This is covered under the Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel that you need an interpreter in order to understand what your doctor/health care provider is telling you, then the doctor/health care provider is required to provide you with one. It is best to contact your doctor/health care provider directly and tell them, prior to your appointment, that you need an interpreter. Do not hire your own interpreter and expect the doctor/health care provider to pay your interpreter for you. You may run into problems that way.

The doctor/health care provider must pay for the cost of an interpreter, even if the cost of the interpreter is more than the cost of your visit. The doctor/health care provider is expected to handle the cost of interpreter as a normal business expense or as part of the overhead costs of operating a business.

If your doctor/health care provider tries to encourage you to bring in a signing family member or a friend as a way to "save costs", say no. Family members and friends cannot be expected to be neutral and sign everything they hear. They may be emotionally or personally involved with you and this may affect their interpreting. Using them as interpreters can also cause problems in maintaining your confidentiality as a patient.

http://nad.org/infocenter/infotogo/legal/doctors.html

it clearly says that there tweety, So I hope that this will wake the dr up and u have the right to sue them for not allowing interpeters and havign ur mom in the room they have everyright to do that.

nobody is saying that your crazy or anything, tweety birdie...

It only depends on what situation you are at, dear.

and you aint alone in this one...I've been through depression also, also been through alot and I mean ALOT of stress...I've been working my ass off at school and I always get yelled at and some people make up rumors about me even when I didn't do a thing to them at all...those people just don't have a life, anyway.

so I've took some med and I'm fine...it's all about chemistry in the brains, dear.
your health is very important too...you must eat proper (and no I'm not saying anything about your weight, trust me) sleep eight hours, and go out more often for a fresh air in your lungs and try to spend more time with your friends and relatives. Just helps you know that life is bigger than you thought, you know?

so, I understand this may not be any of my business, but EXACTLY what are you depressed about? if you don't wanna answer this, I totally respect your privacy.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a door and unlock it to your future of happiness and suprises ahead of you.

so, I understand this may not be any of my business, but EXACTLY what are you depressed about? if you don't wanna answer this, I totally respect your privacy.

Hmm...most folks dont even know why they are depressed to begin with. It all boils down to imbalance in brain chemicals. Some are prone to depression over and over while a few get depressed temporarily over a job loss, divorce, break up, so on.

If we all know why we get depressed, there wouldn't be any need for anti-depressants, etc.

Right, we all do not know the cause of it. Some have depression in their generation passed their genes as well.

javapride said:
I entirely support the concept of the interpeter issues, this way no conflict of intrest ( no misunderstanding) no pressures and her mother being the interpeter is very conflicting and can cause emtional plms, I for one agree with most of u , IF the doctor WON'T give an interpeter's right then thier in whole heaps of trouble with the ADA. Let me get a link here and show u so u ll know tweety abt the ada laws and all medical issues..

this is under the NAD information... will provide links on the bottom.

Are Doctors Required to Provide Interpreters for Medical Visits and Other Medical-Related Situations?
The short answer is yes. This is covered under the Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel that you need an interpreter in order to understand what your doctor/health care provider is telling you, then the doctor/health care provider is required to provide you with one. It is best to contact your doctor/health care provider directly and tell them, prior to your appointment, that you need an interpreter. Do not hire your own interpreter and expect the doctor/health care provider to pay your interpreter for you. You may run into problems that way.

The doctor/health care provider must pay for the cost of an interpreter, even if the cost of the interpreter is more than the cost of your visit. The doctor/health care provider is expected to handle the cost of interpreter as a normal business expense or as part of the overhead costs of operating a business.

If your doctor/health care provider tries to encourage you to bring in a signing family member or a friend as a way to "save costs", say no. Family members and friends cannot be expected to be neutral and sign everything they hear. They may be emotionally or personally involved with you and this may affect their interpreting. Using them as interpreters can also cause problems in maintaining your confidentiality as a patient.

http://nad.org/infocenter/infotogo/legal/doctors.html

it clearly says that there tweety, So I hope that this will wake the dr up and u have the right to sue them for not allowing interpeters and havign ur mom in the room they have everyright to do that.

java, i already told u that i do feel comfortable for my mom be with me and interpeter for me.. she does good signs skill i do uddy what she say everything... also i asked my mom come with me, cuz of i dont wanna interpeter be here period.. so but in other alike group or at hospital, they wont allow my mom or intepeter to see me uddy that now??? :) i dont know how bring it up and talk abt interpeter.. my point is abt me and my depression and i just tell the AD how my feeling abt this what dr told me abt almost put me in hospital that what i talk abt..

also u know some people must have interpeter, some people wanna family member interpeter for him or her... this must law have interpeter i do uddy that but i do really moe comfortable with my mom cuz of i dont wanna any interpeter to come for me.. i wanna my mom okay.. got it?? that what i tell u how my feeling abt this...

Steel said:
nobody is saying that your crazy or anything, tweety birdie...

It only depends on what situation you are at, dear.

and you aint alone in this one...I've been through depression also, also been through alot and I mean ALOT of stress...I've been working my ass off at school and I always get yelled at and some people make up rumors about me even when I didn't do a thing to them at all...those people just don't have a life, anyway.

so I've took some med and I'm fine...it's all about chemistry in the brains, dear.
your health is very important too...you must eat proper (and no I'm not saying anything about your weight, trust me) sleep eight hours, and go out more often for a fresh air in your lungs and try to spend more time with your friends and relatives. Just helps you know that life is bigger than you thought, you know?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a door and unlock it to your future of happiness and suprises ahead of you.
honest with u i dont know what excalty i have depression so i still looking for other dr... :)

Say what you mean, use some damn grammer
Hey, Megeldon, quit ragging on Tweety! Her grammer isn't superb, but it's understanable! She approaches English as a second language. I bet your thoughts when you write them in a foriegn language which you learned in school, are probaly on the level of Tweety's English! I know it's irritating to see people misuse grammer, but she uses English better then some hearing people I know!

deafdyke said:
Hey, Megeldon, quit ragging on Tweety! Her grammer isn't superb, but it's understanable! She approaches English as a second language. I bet your thoughts when you write them in a foriegn language which you learned in school, are probaly on the level of Tweety's English! I know it's irritating to see people misuse grammer, but she uses English better then some hearing people I know!
THANKS THANKS!!!!!! :ily: wanna join with me???? :beer:

Defee said:
Yeah i understand...dont make any sense but they did tell me that i had to take my rings, earings and hearing aid off before going into the hospital whether if it is outpatient or inpatient or surgery, i had to take them all off!
But if you just gonna stay in hospital for just meds or bloodwork, i dont understand why take off jewelry or piercings, geez....
When you donate blood, one of the questions they ask you is "Have you gotten any tattoos and/or piercings within the last 6 months?" If you say yes, you are automatically disqualified from donating blood due to a high risk of infection and bad blood.

VamPyroX said:
When you donate blood, one of the questions they ask you is "Have you gotten any tattoos and/or piercings within the last 6 months?" If you say yes, you are automatically disqualified from donating blood due to a high risk of infection and bad blood.
True.

Who wants to get some blood filled with AIDS or HIVs? :ugh:

Back