I am so mad for this!

Sweet_KJ said:
Tweety,

Like a few people said in here, the doctor isn't necessarily marking you as a crazied patient. S/He only had suggested that perhaps you would check-in the hospital and stay for a week or two. At least it's not longer. I'm sure they just want to see how you are in a stimulated/non-stimulated environment. I don't think the doctor was necessarily marking you as attempting suicide neither.

Go ahead and get an second opinion. If the second doctor suggested it as a possibility, then I would encourage you to try it out. It seems (from what I have read and heard so far) that it could be of benefit to you. A stay at the hospital won't be on your criminal records and no one else really has to know about it.

Mental hospitals aren't so bad as they used to be in the past (think "One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest" or "Girl, Interrupted"), I don't think they're going to drug you up so much. I believe the doctors will just explore what could be of help to you, because different anti-depression drugs causes different side effects. Believe me, I've seen it, and sometimes it wasn't pretty -- I knew someone who got back on meds and trying a new one and she acted bizarrely. If the doctors could observe that they could do something about it.

Also, another suggestion from me: Was this a medical practicator that you went to? Or a psychotherpist? If it was a medical doctor, then perhaps you may want to consider going to the psychotherpist (those with medical degrees but specialize in psychology, and allowed to prescribe medications) because they go through with a lot of depressed individuals and may offer the best alternative.

As for interpreters, I agree with some people who said that it is not wise to bring your mom as the interpreter... I know you don't trust other interpreters, and that there are very, very few of them in your area, but mom does kind of violate the private patient act. Who knows, mom could have been telling the doctor other details about your depression and suggested for more help from the doctor, that's what a concerned mom would do. Perhaps you can just have mom join you in the room with the interpreter and let her sit there. Or how about finding a peer interpreter? I used to interpret for a deaf man at a hospice and he very much appreciated it because I am also Deaf (but able to read lips well and interpret).

Depression is very common nowadays -- I believe there's just too much stimuli that causes that, unfortuately. I've suffered depression, gone to counseling, and wrote a lot. Now, if I'm just not happy, I find other ways to make myself happier or I leave the situation where I'm not happy. At least that's what works for me.

Tweety, I know you'll find your way out of this "funk" you're in.

My best,
KJ
thanks for share this long story.. wow!!! :cuddle:

Sweet_KJ said:
Um, some hospitals do not allow family or friends. But they SHOULD allow interpreters. Perhaps the information received from the doctor was incorrect (or they just didn't know what the heck they were talking about). Accommodations should be arranged, and if they still refuse that, then yes, it's a violation of ADA law.

right -- i agree with u KJ -- i knew someone who went to a support group for something else and the person had 2 interpreters there -- i thought it went well and was glad that the person was able to get the support group access

Tweety -- if u decide to give a terp a chance, go for it and make it clear to the doctor/therapist that he/she has to be in compliance with the ADA laws ref to having terps there for support group meetings

Defee said:
Again i know that!! its Tweety saying that, not me!! i dont know why she is not allowed to have family, friends or interpreters, you need to ask Tweety, not me! Okie dokie?
that okay... smile.. yea that true, the dr dont allow have interpeter or no family if i stay hospital for one week how i can visit my family??? but when i arrived there and i got my guts tell me not trust this place... i dont know why... to KJ

Fly Free said:
right -- i agree with u KJ -- i knew someone who went to a support group for something else and the person had 2 interpreters there -- i thought it went well and was glad that the person was able to get the support group access

Tweety -- if u decide to give a terp a chance, go for it and make it clear to the doctor/therapist that he/she has to be in compliance with the ADA laws ref to having terps there for support group meetings
thanks for say that.. but i am looking for other dr.. not this place.. no way.. cuz of i got my guts tell me not trust this place.. i dont know why... when i got out of place yesterday and my chest were tight and now whew not tight anymore... i dont know why...

TweetyBird said:
that okay... smile.. yea that true, the dr dont allow have interpeter or no family if i stay hospital for one week how i can visit my family??? but when i arrived there and i got my guts tell me not trust this place... i dont know why... to KJ

Tweety -- the family can come to the hospital and visit u during their visiting hours -- as for the terp -- the doctor/therapist sounds like he/she is in clear violation of the ADA laws for accessibility to be able to understand exactly what the treatment would be involving and etc

TweetyBird said:
Well if that hospital wont allow you to have family, friends or even interpreters then dont go there! your gut feelings is right!! Just get another opinion from another doctor and i bet he will just give you something for your depression..i think some doctors just money hungry for nothing! You are in my prayers, sweetie and let us know what is going on later as we care for you!! HUGS and a big smile for ya!!

Defee said:
Well if that hospital wont allow you to have family, friends or even interpreters then dont go there! your gut feelings is right!! Just get another opinion from another doctor and i bet he will just give you something for your depression..i think some doctors just money hungry for nothing! You are in my prayers, sweetie and let us know what is going on later as we care for you!! HUGS and a big smile for ya!!
yea thanks so much for uddy how my feeling!! :cuddle: ofc i will get other dr... not go there this shyt place again!!! :)

TweetyBird said:
yea thanks so much for uddy how my feeling!! :cuddle: ofc i will get other dr... not go there this shyt place again!!! :)
Oh you are welcome! :cuddle: and keep us posted! sweetie!

TweetyBird said:
yea but i rather signs same time out of my chest it will help me.. but if i write down on paper and i feel like i am in the box not see the people faces... u know what i mean???

Yes ofc i know what you mean..that why I say it's not always help... it just a piece of paper... it's better to get out of chest, not on a paper.. paper can't talk to you back!!!

Wildcoyote70 said:
Yes ofc i know what you mean..that why I say it's not always help... it just a piece of paper... it's better to get out of chest, not on a paper.. paper can't talk to you back!!!
yup!!! thats right.. :) that why i got upset yesterday abt that... but i am ok... so i still looking for best the dr for me...

Fly Free said:
Defee -- interpreters should be allowed in if theres a deaf client involved in the support group -- the support groups cannot discriminate on that! if a deaf person needs a terp then the terp should be allowed in and the hearies need to be aware that terps are bound by a very strict code of ethics -- if they are found to be in violation of it they could be sued by the client

That's right. I totally agrees thatthey should not be discriminate just because of deafness... that is not right!!!

TweetyBird said:
label mean chin periced, tongue periced and eyebrow periced... they wanna take it off.. shit.. if i have surgery will take it off ofc! but i stay hospital and put med on me and take body periced off.. not make sense...

LISTEN this, i has paper with me, they say not allow the shoes string, ok. but why they allow the hair dryer with me NOT NOT NOT make sense, do u know why??? hairdryer HAVE CORD!!!!! what a different!!!??? uddy that??

Say what you mean, use some damn grammer. uddy that, wtf does that mean, is uddy a word?

Megladon said:
Say what you mean, use some damn grammer. uddy that, wtf does that mean, is uddy a word?
Whoa! anyway.... "uddy" is short for "understand"...nothing wrong with that!
geeeeezzz!

Megladon said:
you need learn more about Deaf culture.. thanks!

TweetyBird said:
you need learn more about Deaf culture.. thanks!

I am learning, ok how about this, i keep learning, and you use real words and find out what grammer is and use it, deal?

umm whats wrong with slang or abbreviated words?...we all use words that is short for something..geeez! it would be easier to use abbrev. words when you type in here..dont ya use abbreviated words? they are real words but shortened.

Defee said:
umm whats wrong with slang or abbreviated words?...we all use words that is short for something..geeez! it would be easier to use abbrev. words when you type in here..dont ya use abbreviated words? they are real words but shortened.

Nothing if they are widely used words, but i believe that is the first time i've ever seen that used, who else on here uses that? lol, wtf, omfg, those everyone use, so its not a big deal but if people see uddy, and think cow udders or wtf is that, then maybe its not used enough to use. Other then the occasional lol, or the seemingly more frequent wtf, i dont use abriviations unless i really dont know how to spell a word and cant come close to spelling it right after trying.

Back