I am so mad for this!

I think it's pathetic to say that depression is very common while doctors treat it as an illness. If it was common, we'd all be in the looney bin! :crazy:

I think that doctors are getting overly paranoid when it comes to assuming that people are losing their minds!

VamPyroX said:
I think it's pathetic to say that depression is very common while doctors treat it as an illness. If it was common, we'd all be in the looney bin! :crazy:

I think that doctors are getting overly paranoid when it comes to assuming that people are losing their minds!
oh yea i agree with u for that... JEEZ! :crazy:

Hi, You don't know me and I don't know you but I am going to go out on a limb here.

I have some friends who have had the same problem as you - one of them voluntarily took herself to the hospital for some inpatient treatment and came out feeling a lot better. Some doctors don't want to be giving medicine all the time, and inpatient treatment helps as they explore all the reasons of your depression.

Just because he wants to take you to the hospital does not mean he thinks you are crazy - I can see that you are not at all. You say that you have been crying a lot lately, that is not healthy and medicine does not always help. They will probably do some blood work, to check for any chemical imbalances, etc etc. His first concern is your mental health, and he is trying to help you. I do have a friend who is the head of the psychology department at a university here in the US.

Depression IS common and it IS an illness and it needs to be treated as such.

Also, you stated that you used your mother as an interpreter - you shouldn't because it is not objective, a qualified interpreter should be there, that way there is no communication problem. Please request an interpreter through the doctor.

I feel for you in this time, I hope that you will find the best way to help yourself. :grouphug:

I have gone thru a depression before, and I was so miserable. I couldn't eat or sleep at all, and I lost like maybe 10 lbs in about a week or two, which is A LOT for someone at my weight! Depression is a common thing, so I think it is crazy to say that u should go into the hospital for it. My cousin gets depression sometimes, and she takes medication for it, and she is just fine. The doc gave me prozac that one time when I was depressed and having these panic attacks. They never said anything about having to be put in the hospital. This doc obviously doesn't know his facts :roll: So u should just get a diff doc.

like lost kiwi said abt ur mom, I agree NO family member should be an interpeter, to many mistakes can be made, and not ALL is always said at once. and too many personal conflicts. SO get a Certitfed interpeter and NOT ur mom.

And i agree with ALOT of poeple here yr not crazy!

javapride said:
like lost kiwi said abt ur mom, I agree NO family member should be an interpeter, to many mistakes can be made, and not ALL is always said at once. and too many personal conflicts. SO get a Certitfed interpeter and NOT ur mom.

And i agree with ALOT of poeple here yr not crazy!
oh well! i asked my mom to be my interpeter cuz of i ALLOW and signed paper i let my mom in with me. cuz of i dont trust interpeter GOT IT??? cuz of not many interpeter here alike 4 or 5 thats all not enuff... that why ALSO, they dont let more people be with me, they allow my mom with me. that why i am stuck!

Last edited:
Lost Kiwi said:
Hi, You don't know me and I don't know you but I am going to go out on a limb here.

I have some friends who have had the same problem as you - one of them voluntarily took herself to the hospital for some inpatient treatment and came out feeling a lot better. Some doctors don't want to be giving medicine all the time, and inpatient treatment helps as they explore all the reasons of your depression.

Just because he wants to take you to the hospital does not mean he thinks you are crazy - I can see that you are not at all. You say that you have been crying a lot lately, that is not healthy and medicine does not always help. They will probably do some blood work, to check for any chemical imbalances, etc etc. His first concern is your mental health, and he is trying to help you. I do have a friend who is the head of the psychology department at a university here in the US.

Depression IS common and it IS an illness and it needs to be treated as such.

Also, you stated that you used your mother as an interpreter - you shouldn't because it is not objective, a qualified interpreter should be there, that way there is no communication problem. Please request an interpreter through the doctor.

I feel for you in this time, I hope that you will find the best way to help yourself. :grouphug:
thanks for let me share with ur story... :) wow!! very 258!

TweetyBird said:
oh yea i will call tmw for other dr ..... :)

Yeah, that what I am going to say that after i read all the posts..

Try go for 2nd Optional Dr.. DO NOT bring your mama..
it might be part of your "depression" and stress.. feeling controlling..

whatever.. Good luck.. stay strong and have faith! :aw:

so they say that they cant give me depression med cuz of i must be in hospital first! GAWD! i am not CRAZY PERSON!!! JEEZ!!!
Huh? I don't think I've ever heard of that protocol. One of my friends from a few years ago was in and out of mental hoispitals all the time. (she had very severe depression) Like a lot of people here I have had depression (and as a matter of fact I am very suspictable to it due to my syndrome)
I've been on Zoloft for many years and it's helped me a lot. I have never been to a mental insistution thou.
Maybe the doctor wants you to be evaluated further by experts. Going to a mental hoispital doesn't mean you're crazy....as a matter of fact most young adults and adolescents who go there tend to have substance abuse issues rather then "classic" mental illness.

Therpaist is just looking for $$$ that's my option.. I do know how to solve this angry inside... Talk to yourself, angry at the mirror... it did help me a little.

Life is getting shorter and let's not waste being angry forever!

Tweety, You may take my lucky charm out from my hearts and you may carry all you want to anywhere and u know it will help you to think that you alway can feel freedom and do anything whatever u want, but Lucky Charm is alway protect you from any things like doctor thinks your crazy but you block it off!

(hugs hugs)

CoolieFroggie said:
Therpaist is just looking for $$$ that's my option.. I do know how to solve this angry inside... Talk to yourself, angry at the mirror... it did help me a little.

Life is getting shorter and let's not waste being angry forever!

Tweety, You may take my lucky charm out from my hearts and you may carry all you want to anywhere and u know it will help you to think that you alway can feel freedom and do anything whatever u want, but Lucky Charm is alway protect you from any things like doctor thinks your crazy but you block it off!

(hugs hugs)
awwwwwwww thanks so much!!!! ofc i need take ur lucky charm with me!!!! hugs hugs!!!! :)

I read all of posts and true ppl has common of depression so I have one. I am little worry about myself and therptist next week about myself and lifesytle... Good thing, you make me feel little comfty because I would know if she will say "go to hospital for that med thingy" I would be upset, too.

The doctor just wanted to play it safe and help protect you -- I know you may not think you're not suicidal, but maybe from the answers you gave him and through your body language, he thought otherwise.
It didn't mean that he considered you 'crazy', just concerned and wanted to check you into hospital for observation, that's all. Maybe run some blood tests and some other assessments to rule out depression or find out why you're having symptoms of depression.

Aww Tweetybird..im sorry to hear that you have depression..its a common thing really, ive known some people with it like my ex mother in law..she had severe depression but takes meds for it so she is doing pretty good. I think the doctor wanted to put u in the hospital just for bloodwork to rule out some things, like some diseases that can cause depression. It dont mean you are crazy and he knows that. Thats what they did to my exmother in law to just for bloodwork. Did the doctor give you any medicine like Prozac or Zoloft yet? they work pretty good for a lot of people..Im praying for you to get well!
Are you going to another doctor for second opinion? If so, good idea and see what he has to say..Let us know what you are going to do! We in Alldeaf do care and worry about you! Hugs to you, Tweetybird!!!

the dr didnt say anything abt bloodwork, they wanna put me in there and put med on me until see how i good with depression med... also they say when i go in a room where i sleep at, they will lock front the door so wont let me go out until next day morning.. shyt! i am not crazy person! they say this rule.... i was whoa... also i have share bathroom with other girl in other room almost like dorm!! i was whoa jeez! i feel like i am in jail! gosh! now u see what i talk abt it??? :ugh:

Oh my gosh! It's crazy!! Tweetybird, you are not crazy. The doctor has no reason to put you in the mental hospital and drug you all with depression medications. That's asburd!

Call for second doctor and Call and ask for an interpreter and don't use your mom for interpret you. She can be with you, let her sit and wait in the waiting room and get your other professional interpreter in the room with you and your doctor, so that way you know what is going on.

Well look what Tweety said....she DO NOT want a certified interpreter cuz she DO NOT trust them, thats why she is using her mom for interpreting..cant tell her what to do cuz its her business. Am i right? Tweety..if im wrong or misunderstood you, correct me ok?

TweetyBird said:
the dr didnt say anything abt bloodwork, they wanna put me in there and put med on me until see how i good with depression med... also they say when i go in a room where i sleep at, they will lock front the door so wont let me go out until next day morning.. shyt! i am not crazy person! they say this rule.... i was whoa... also i have share bathroom with other girl in other room almost like dorm!! i was whoa jeez! i feel like i am in jail! gosh! now u see what i talk abt it??? :ugh:

Ahhh! that is crazy.... the doctor should understand you and seems he/she does wrong for you.

Go Find another location and to ask seek for help your family doctor.. and bring professional an interpreter.. which the best for you helpful feedbacks..

Mom isn't suitable for an interpreter..

I've already went thru experience w/my mom in law interpreting for us.. I was kind fuse my mind off.. which not proprite talk follow my instruction etc etc.. I decide call it off and wants hire professional an interpreter.. Too Bad for business office who dislike pay lot of money cost an interpreter.. All I want everything clear it up...

So far Great fine...

Off topic recent I was talked about "my dr" nope.. talk about mortgage that time was fuse my mind off.. and ask for professional an interpreter that why..

I suggest you best get professional an interpreter would be greater benefical for you need a help and what your feeling talk out with profesionall doctor or.. why not try call for Counselloring who can help you that was best than Dr.. I suggest..

I have a friend who has been through depression, the dr gave her meds and then wanted to put her to hospital but she told him NO, instead she asked for like some kind of support group who go through same thing...it helps her, so maybe you can try ask the new dr and see if there is one that have support group that you can attend to instead of putting u in the hospital if that makes you feel better that way. Talk and see if you can get that instead... that maybe can help you. There are ppl here in AD cares about you so keep your chin up!! and your blues will go away in time... whatever you decide, we'll be here supporting you! We all will be here for you tweety :D

Back