How many gym rats do we have here?

I am not into cardio stuff, but I love weight training. Unfortunately due to injury I can't train as much as I used to... Grrrr....

I may resume my strongman training next year depending on a few things. It's been two years but it'll take me several months to a year to get back pretty close to form where I was before I stopped. Only problem is that I don't have my 600 lbs tires no more. Sob! But I'm a lot closer to a larger populated city so I'm bound to find somebody I could train with that have these strongman equipments. Plus a nearby local gym.

I wonder...should I resume my strongman training or not?

Decision...decision....

I may resume my strongman training next year depending on a few things. It's been two years but it'll take me several months to a year to get back pretty close to form where I was before I stopped. Only problem is that I don't have my 600 lbs tires no more. Sob! But I'm a lot closer to a larger populated city so I'm bound to find somebody I could train with that have these strongman equipments. Plus a nearby local gym.

I wonder...should I resume my strongman training or not?

Decision...decision....

You obviously miss training, so I reckon you should go for it.

used to kickbox and MMA, done 27 pro fights, 21 win, 21 ko/sub, 6 loss. 5 MMA Midamerican Lightweight Champ Belts, 1 kickboxing midamerican middlewieght champ belt (beat 170 lb as Im 140lb)
used to run 10 miles everyday home from dojo, (too much running for martial arts, I have no car and can't drive). probably run 15,000 miles approx. or even more after 6 years of fighting/training.

Now, after retiring from fighting, I still do my martial arts workout at home, but I plan to go to gym to weighlift to get buff and look sexy at the beach.

I am now gym rat for about a year and half now. That is how many 1 hour per day I have gone to the gym out of 2 yrs. I dont go daily to go nuts on the weighs. I went to regain my strength, bulk up a little while I learn about everything how things work as I study to be personal trainer. I am aiming for basic first step certificate then when I get job. I will be trying to promote in study for higher level. I first started on my weak spots and in the midterm I did all round training even running. I am setting my goals higher and higher but my running I need to work on some more which belongs outdoors. I do not like treadmills. I train anywhere but running has to be outdoors. I used to be on track team running 800 meters for 3 yrs while I played soccer, football, and basketball in high school as I have been playing my own soccer team outside the school so glad I have the discipline to attend gym by using the balance in each field of the workout.

But sad thing is that the hardest part of my body is my ABS, I have lost lots of fats in the area and the top two out of six packs are clearing up but I still have long way to go on the bottom 2.. yes it means the mid 2 is half way down.

Last edited:
I'm trying to be a gym rat lol. I try to go 4 times a week, depending on my schedule or laziness. Hopefully with all the gymming I've been doing this past year, my snowboarding will progress more.

I used to train in Jiu-Jitsu, but its hard for me to fit it into my schedule. I really miss fighting, so who knows I may end up back in training one day.

I am not a gym rat but I am trying to work out everyday to get my abs back:) and be really toned for my nationals comp in atlanta in feb:)

Your daily working out has been going great LOL

Let's see how you keep up tomorrow!

Alicia, I see that you are in good shape, keep up the good work for your competition in Atlanta.. stay hot. stay fit. be happy and proud of yourself. :aw:

I hope everyone's been keeping up they're new year's gym resolutions! I know I have been, and it's been going well. I've been able to throw on 30-40lbs to all my lifting and it's been pretty easy.

I hope everyone's been keeping up they're new year's gym resolutions! I know I have been, and it's been going well. I've been able to throw on 30-40lbs to all my lifting and it's been pretty easy.

Nope. I've retired two years ago from lifting after 27 years of doing all kinds of lifting, former strongman and power-lifter. I look back and say, boy, was I that strong?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=698YJZewjjM]YouTube - Military Press 225lbs - tied my best. Bodyweight 190lbs[/ame]
video of mike's overhead military press with barbell at 225 lbs

You betcha. Enjoy your lifting and set your sights on high.

for the past year I have been going to the gym maybe 2-3 times a week, and running between 3-6 miles maybe 1-2 times per week. I have mostly been doing strength training (high weight, low rep count), almost exclusively upper body and midsection (no legs, I feel they are bulky enough as it is) I also also do a 20-30 minute cardio session after my strength training. I have noticed alot of improvement in my abdominal area, and some good pop in my biceps. My main goal is weight(fat) loss. I want to drop probably another 25 pounds or so. At first it came off real fast but that has sort of plateaued over the last few months, and my strength level has not seemed to improved (but my cardio has - I can do a mile in under 7 minutes now and can do 3 miles in 24 mins easily) mainly because I have been veering off my diet.

I can't aford a gym or the time to go to gym, so I work out at home. No weights, but I use excer-bands and such. Have to have low impact due to neuropathy.

I am for sure a gym rat! Thats mostly the reason why I decide to become a personal trainer for the deaf because I love working out and I've always been surrounded by the deaf!

I was going 4-5days a week until school let out...instead now I am being a bad girl! :lol:

Back