How many gym rats do we have here?

Also, did you know that weight lifting burns more calories than running?

You sure? I do frequent 5-6 mile jogs in an hour, I think avg is ~600 cals burned.
Swimming is like ~400 in 1hr of novice/amateur strokes.

AFAIK I thought weight lifting is like half of that? Haven't done any in awhile though, kind of out of that now.

It's a bad thing! :lol: but at least I am having fun!

I hope everything goes well! Be careful!

Yea, I went to the Cardiologist on Wednesday and I have a minor heart condition. I forgot what it was called...ha!

I am back in the gym again after the accident.... Doing double time to make up for the lost month..

Thinking about fighting this winter.....If Herschel can do it....so can I. And I KNOW I can kick the snot out of Jose Canseco

I did a 200 deadlift back when I was into strength.
Ever since then I've given up strength training for cardiovascular, figured if any workout would give the best bang per the buck, it's cardio.

Are you female??? Just curious since I have no idea who you are

I am back in the gym again after the accident.... Doing double time to make up for the lost month..

Thinking about fighting this winter.....If Herschel can do it....so can I. And I KNOW I can kick the snot out of Jose Canseco

UFC, MMA has shown it's not about the size. That is old timer cultural stipulations, it's phasing out..

Big burly "weight champs" get taken down by little monkeys all the time. Skill always beats size and strength. Roy Gracie is a perfect example of this.

If you think it's all about strength to win, Bruce Lee would make you laughing stock even if you could bench 1000 pounds.

UFC, MMA has shown it's not about the size. That is old timer cultural stipulations, it's phasing out..

Big burly "weight champs" get taken down by little monkeys all the time. Skill always beats size and strength. Roy Gracie is a perfect example of this.

If you think it's all about strength to win, Bruce Lee would make you laughing stock even if you could bench 1000 pounds.

Oh? I thought Bruce Lee was dead????? :lol:

Of course it is about skill......strength doesn't hurt though. :)

Rather, it takes a combination of skill, strength, speed, power, and stamina that gets noticed. Sometimes with a bit of luck thrown in for good measure in making things happen.

Oh? I thought Bruce Lee was dead????? :lol:

Of course it is about skill......strength doesn't hurt though. :)

Was just using him as an example. Because I didn't figure you'd know other smallweights like Kazushi Sakuraba or Hideo Tokoro for a few to name. Cause of these people, along with gracie, you can tell it's mostly cardiovascular endurance.

Just a question......You and your posts kinda appeared out of nowhere....Good to know who you are talking to sometimes
You saying I can't post in here? :hmm: :cool2:

Rather, it takes a combination of skill, strength, speed, power, and stamina that gets noticed. Sometimes with a bit of luck thrown in for good measure in making things happen.

Good list of things to work on....at the gym! :lol:

Well....i guess I will have to find a rabbit for the luck....:lol:

No I asked a question......I didn't make a statement :laugh2:

So what's up with the female statement then? Felt like you were being condescending?

For the record, I am male and have worked out for about 7 years after school life. Does that answer your questions?

If you put a person of UFC caliber weighing in at 180 versus a guy, probably a little taller, at 240 lbs who is also of the same caliber, I'd say the heavier guy probably have a bit of an advantage over the smaller guy. If you're talking about experienced versus inexperienced situations, sure. However, I think it's skill and experience are what sets a person apart from everybody else.

I dunno my friend, but it has appeared to me that you might have been under the impression that I was male before. :dunno:

Perhaps I may be looking too much into this to even care, but I can most certainly tell the obvious.

If you put a person of UFC caliber weighing in at 180 versus a guy, probably a little taller, at 240 lbs who is also of the same caliber, I'd say the heavier guy probably have a bit of an advantage over the smaller guy. If you're talking about experienced versus inexperienced situations, sure. However, I think it's skill and experience are what sets a person apart from everybody else.

Equal skill, equal speed......Little guy gets pummeled unless he has alot of luck

Oh....and the one thing that has been left out....ability to take a punch (or kick, or hold) Big factor too.

Equal skill, equal speed......Little guy gets pummeled unless he has alot of luck

Oh....and the one thing that has been left out....ability to take a punch (or kick, or hold) Big factor too.

The bigger one gets, the harder it is to move flexibly. :(
The smaller you are, the easier it can be for you to dodge and evade.

Roy is around ~170-180 lbs. The other two I mentioned are ~140-160lbs. They take out big guys way over them fairly frequently. Most of this has to do with them being able to maneuver more than the other, which is a downside when you have too much strength.

The bigger one gets, the harder it is to move flexibly. :(
The smaller you are, the easier it can be for you to dodge and evade.

Roy is around ~170-180 lbs. The other two I mentioned are ~140-160lbs. They take out big guys way over them fairly frequently. Most of this has to do with them being able to maneuver more than the other, which is a downside when you have too much strength.

Did I ever say I work exclusively on strength at the gym???? Or was this another of your assumptions?

Did I ever say I work exclusively on strength at the gym???? Or was this another of your assumptions?

I think it all came from you said to me in the first place. :shock:

Mind you I don't really give half a crap about what you said now when I cleared it up, but we're going in circles here?

Back