How many gym rats do we have here?

Since my near heart attack and being rushed to the hospital, I havent worked out. I hope to get back to it on Sunday.

Aww, is it ok if you can work out like 3 times a week, at the first time, easy workout then the following week, you can increase of having more workout?

my body can't take workout more than 4 times a week. Just 2 or 3 times a week is good enough for me. If i do that more than 4 times a week then my body would feel like almost weak. i guess overdo with my body is not good for me. Just depeneds on indivdual if their body can handle more than 3 times of workout. :shock:

I don't workout so religiouslly. maybe 2 or 3 times a month then the next month 5 then the next month 4. some months i have not work out. lol

Aww, is it ok if you can work out like 3 times a week, at the first time, easy workout then the following week, you can increase of having more workout?

my body can't take workout more than 4 times a week. Just 2 or 3 times a week is good enough for me. If i do that more than 4 times a week then my body would feel like almost weak. i guess overdo with my body is not good for me. Just depeneds on indivdual if their body can handle more than 3 times of workout. :shock:

yea but I dont want the weight to come back! I lost a lot more since we saw each other in NYC.

LOL Quirkylibra.

I was Gym Rat for 2 years and decided to end my membership so I can get to connect with people in fitness without the gym access. I am doing outdoors jogs, home exercise programs, and couple things to learn the gain of health and strength.

Reason? I am in private school right now for the past four months, 14 months to go to become personal trainer (NSCA certification). I am also doing some general researching on couple of things as I go to improve my understanding in some future clients.

I learned there is few gym rats who are not member of this site. They are twice or three time bigger then I am and goes to the competitions to show off. I was like ah that ain't my thing. :lol: I just go to work out to feel awesome.

:D

yea but I dont want the weight to come back! I lost a lot more since we saw each other in NYC.

I don't blame you for not wanting to put it back since you work so hard for it. Me too. I have to take care of it as well.

Eh, started being a gym rat in April. Am going 5 or 6 times a week. I try to do my own workout in the gym and take exercise classes such as pilate or bodycombat etc.

Do I do this for fun or because I love exercises? Nooooooooo I do this to lose weight. I find I don't sleep in so much now.

I don't blame you for not wanting to put it back since you work so hard for it. Me too. I have to take care of it as well.

Shel & FF, I can relate to you both but how to keep it off is the nutrition. Stay busy instead of letting the calories and carbohydrates sit in your body waiting to be burnt as energy. Burning more calories than you intake is one of several keys to keep your weigh down but you have to remember discarding food is not the solution.

I have lots of information I have posted in facebook but it was way overboard on the limit on here so I couldn't do anything about it but give you what I can if you still have some questions that needs to be answered. Have good day. :D:D:D:D:D

By the way, I have created a new group "Deaf Bodybuilding & Fitness", just to share something like this and for me to post some helpful topic to discuss or read. It is similar to my blogs. You can feel free to join and discuss as well as you have something to post for everyone to read.

Last edited:
Do I do this for fun or because I love exercises? Nooooooooo I do this to lose weight. I find I don't sleep in so much now.

Awwww... You haven't been bitten by the gym/exercise bug yet. Wait till you start seeing results, then I am sure you will say that you exercise because it makes you feel good. :) Keep up the great work! :)

I enjoy working out and have just joined a different place. Sometimes I bring my weights as it is a small place and a circuit club. But I like it. After working out I try to have some protein like soy yogurt and fiber like fruit, and lots of water.

Love being in good shape. Hate being out of shape.

Never been a gym rat - Unless you count that at one time my garage was one of the best equipped private gyms in town. All of it bought from yard sales or homemade.

At one time I could pick up 350 pounds and carry it around, do the splits, and run marathons. When my late wife became sick I spent all my time working or playing Mr. Mom at home. One way or another I have not gotten back into training.

One of the things I am looking forward to at retirement is the ability to get up every morning and exercise.

Eh, started being a gym rat in April. Am going 5 or 6 times a week. I try to do my own workout in the gym and take exercise classes such as pilate or bodycombat etc.

Body combat?

I'm a gym rat as well. I usually go 5 days a week and rarely miss out on a single weight lifting session.

I'm trying to pack on 10-15 lbs of lean body mass but eating 4000 calories of clean foods can be tiresome.

Well, I think weightlifting for 27 years is enough but still sometimes I hanker for that cold steel bar.

Gym yeah.... I do fitness classes though created by Les Mills. I'm 100% addicted to Body Attack!!! I regulary do Body Balance and Body Vive (for fun) and every once in a while I also participate to Body Jam class especially when there's House Dance :D

Elseway I like running, jumpstyle and playing tennis with the big boys :D I'm a sports addict and if I could, I'd do all the sports that do exist :giggle:

Nope. I've retired two years ago from lifting after 27 years of doing all kinds of lifting, former strongman and power-lifter. I look back and say, boy, was I that strong?

YouTube - Military Press 225lbs - tied my best. Bodyweight 190lbs
video of mike's overhead military press with barbell at 225 lbs

You betcha. Enjoy your lifting and set your sights on high.

Nice man! 225 lbs is no easy feat.

I did a 200 deadlift back when I was into strength.
Ever since then I've given up strength training for cardiovascular, figured if any workout would give the best bang per the buck, it's cardio.

Ever since then I've given up strength training for cardiovascular, figured if any workout would give the best bang per the buck, it's cardio.
Word. I like doing HIIT sprints when I'm cutting down to help shed off stubborn body fat once I hit single digit percentage. Also, did you know that weight lifting burns more calories than running?

Back