How do you feel about Immigrants?

I will refuse to marry immigrants and, even Muslims. They better not be makin' a Datin' Game for Americans to marry Muslims.

Yupp and plus the English is NOT United States official language just yet.. Only some of states adopted English as official language.
My grandparents came here from other country and they learned how to read and speak English. So it is no excuse for them not to learn if they live here for many years. Plus we have many English classes as second language for them to learn.

All of my grandparents were immigrants. All of them spoke English however I think my paternal grandmother spoke with thick German accent. She had to stay home most of the time to look after her 13 kids so this is kind of understandable. She hired an English tutor for her oldest three grown girls when Grandfather finally save up money to send them over. They had to put their three girls with Grandfather's parents when they first immigrated to USA. They actually raised the girls for 13 years.

Most of my ancestors arrived in North America before the United States became a country. But the one ancestor who came from Portugal as an adult in the mid-1800's learned English quickly, and eventually became Portuguese Consul, and Vice Consul for Brazil.

As his obit stated, he spoke "several languages with great fluency. On coming to this country he entered a printing establishment ..., where he served his apprenticeship. He also was the author of a book entitled "A Guide to Portuguese Conversation." He has been well known in business circles in this city for a number of years, having been engaged particularly in the trade with the Western Islands, which he aided materially in developing."

He wasn't rich when he came to America, he had no social services or government aid or programs, no Medicaid or food stamps, no bi-lingual forms and signs available, etc. He was an ethnic minority. But he knew if he wanted to succeed in the USA, he needed to learn and use English.

Some thing I don't LIKE about immigrants is making us convert some place with spanish language.... they come here and learn how to speak ENGLISH instead they make us learn their language.

I totally understand that they (immigrants) come here for the freedom. That's nothing wrong with that since its freedom here

Happened to me many time... everytime I go to McDonald's.. Jack in the box.. (All fast food resturant) I wrote list of food I want to order... the cashier look at it and looked at me.... uuuhh ummm (speaking spanish) to other cashier.... I said hurry up!!! I think ALL workers MUST have visa/ green card to work.. No matter if they should or not... follow the law!!! How hard is that... go to class to learn english. And go to federal immigrants to become U.S citizen. Be honest and respect the law instead hiding away from the law... or the law takes immigrant back to where the person came from.

My friend himself a immigrant... his parent SPEAK ENGLISH...all his family do... I like that... I do like people who respect and speak english.... I don't like who don't respect and don't speak english.

I went to store and got some stuff and notice most things has a panel (made in U.S.A) have 2 language... ENGLISH/SPANISH... I hate that....

If you go to mexico alone by yourself... good bye your died... know why?? We go there and speak english.. They expect us to speak spanish not english (which that I do understand why they do that) I wish we do the same... it will be nice

I aint a racist... I have a COLOR TV!!!!

Some thing I don't LIKE about immigrants is making us convert some place with spanish language.... they come here and learn how to speak ENGLISH instead they make us learn their language.

I totally understand that they (immigrants) come here for the freedom. That's nothing wrong with that since its freedom here

Happened to me many time... everytime I go to McDonald's.. Jack in the box.. (All fast food resturant) I wrote list of food I want to order... the cashier look at it and looked at me.... uuuhh ummm (speaking spanish) to other cashier.... I said hurry up!!! I think ALL workers MUST have visa/ green card to work.. No matter if they should or not... follow the law!!! How hard is that... go to class to learn english. And go to federal immigrants to become U.S citizen. Be honest and respect the law instead hiding away from the law... or the law takes immigrant back to where the person came from.

My friend himself a immigrant... his parent SPEAK ENGLISH...all his family do... I like that... I do like people who respect and speak english.... I don't like who don't respect and don't speak english.

I went to store and got some stuff and notice most things has a panel (made in U.S.A) have 2 language... ENGLISH/SPANISH... I hate that....

If you go to mexico alone by yourself... good bye your died... know why?? We go there and speak english.. They expect us to speak spanish not english (which that I do understand why they do that) I wish we do the same... it will be nice

I don't think you realize that trying to keep things the same forever isn't going to work just like that. Making English the official language will not preserve or protect the language from evolving into a new language or dialect. Clearly, the Spanish-speaking population in the USA is growing at a rapid rate. So I wouldn't be surprised to see more people speaking a hybrid of Spanish and English within a decade or two.

You need get deal with them, not worth to be mad or abuse them, if you abuse them then you will throw in jail.

It has nothing with green card or VISA, they don't require english to obtain the VISA or green card, spanish speaking only are fine to obtain that, VISA or green card is just care about status of immigrant and allow to work in USA.

There's alot of legal immigrant are speaking spanish only as well, some of them are interesting to learn the english in later after migrate to USA.

My dad's Italian family grandparents came to america and they did learn to speak English. But they also still keep Italian langauge in the family because it part of who they are with their first langauge. I don't think there nothing wrong with having more than one langauges. I have like four langauges, English, ASL, Itailan, and Spanish. I think whenever you decide to travel to take a trip, like example go to vacation to France, then I would have to take French lesson if I am going to commicate with the French people of France. I believe that French, Italian, Spanish or native american indians langauges are romantic.

Back