How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's automatic. Staff told me just last Thursday they won't turn it off until next month. Big mistake if one of us gets sick. I'm already dealing with a minor runny nose.

Mark my AC is on automatic but it has to get to a certain high temperature in the house before it turns itself on. If your house is in the 50's due to outside temps being lower than that then your AC won't automatically turn on.

Mark my AC is on automatic but it has to get to a certain high temperature in the house before it turns itself on. If your house is in the 50's due to outside temps being lower than that then your AC won't automatically turn on.

It's in the 60's. Supposed to be 74, but I'll contact staff later today and see about getting something done. And that's something I didn't know-- that it won't run if in the 50's.

I just checked the thermostat, and it's at 65. I hope that's as low as it'll go tonight.

It's in the 60's. Supposed to be 74, but I'll contact staff later today and see about getting something done. And that's something I didn't know-- that it won't run if in the 50's.

I just checked the thermostat, and it's at 65. I hope that's as low as it'll go tonight.

Mark
I doubt you are feeling cold air blowing out of the vents with those outside temperatures. The house is just cooling down because of the low outside temperature. The lower temperature you are seeing on the thermostat is the current room temperature not what it is set to. Look at the full screen on the thermostat. Today's digital thermostats show two temperatures. The current room temperature in one place and what it is set at in another.

My own got left on AC last night. The AC did not kick on but the house was down to 66 because I am a bit short on insulation and the outside temperature went down to 45.

Mark
I doubt you are feeling cold air blowing out of the vents with those outside temperatures. The house is just cooling down because of the low outside temperature. The lower temperature you are seeing on the thermostat is the current room temperature not what it is set to. Look at the full screen on the thermostat. Today's digital thermostats show two temperatures. The current room temperature in one place and what it is set at in another.

My own got left on AC last night. The AC did not kick on but the house was down to 66 because I am a bit short on insulation and the outside temperature went down to 45.

You are correct. It's set to 74, and the room temperature was showing 65. You described it perfectly. Had a bit of trouble with that last night. Thanks!!

It's automatic. Staff told me just last Thursday they won't turn it off until next month. Big mistake if one of us gets sick. I'm already dealing with a minor runny nose.

You don't get sick from cold air (except hyperthermia). You colds, etc from germs/viruses.

You don't get sick from cold air (except hyperthermia). You colds, etc from germs/viruses.

Yes, I know. I'm not showing signs of sickness, but I'm thinking that runny nose I had the night before was because I wasn't used to the cold or something, because it's gone now.

Feeling great football day

A little sad. My train group's chat is down - but were chatting on our FB group. :)

I'm exhausted and sunburned. Drive to South Lake Tahoe was beautiful.

Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5)

Nervous. On my way to VA hospital for barium swallow test (upper GI). Traffic awful!

Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5)

Nervous. On my way to VA hospital for barium swallow test (upper GI). Traffic awful!

Thinking of you Reba. Hope everything turns out well.

Super excited, now that I have a firm moving date of 10/1/14. That means I can get started with some stuff that's been on hold. :P

giphy.gif

Today I felt far more refreshed than I had been as of late, thanks to my getting some very sound sleep the night before. I hadn't had sleep like that in a while, and hopefully I'll get some more of that tonight.

Exhausted...tinnitus is roaring, no sleep the past two days. My neck feels like it is getting worse instead of better. Have an email into my doctor to go get x-rays. Really need an MRI but can't do it with my CI.

Feeling good but mentally bummed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back