House Democratic official: 'We've got the votes' on health care

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might have been doing whats best for all....

but USA is split on this....big time....

they didn't do a good job taking our best interests to heart. They didn't listen to the public outcry over this.

Where is the PEOPLE of the United States' input? They left us in the dark.

I know what is best for me....I dont claim to know what is best for ALL. But as a collective we all voted for who we wanted in the seat, and the one with the highest number won out. But they still have to work for us. We have the right to say our piece. I think that is the factor that has USA in an uproar.

they didn't do a good job taking our best interests to heart. They didn't listen to the public outcry over this.

I know what is best for me....I dont claim to know what is best for ALL. But as a collective we all voted for who we wanted in the seat, and the one with the highest number won out. But they still have to work for us. We have the right to say our piece. I think that is the factor that has USA in an uproar.

Yep alot of Representatives forgot what Represent means

Yeah, it means to lie to the public, cheat, and so on.

When was the last time the govt ever saved the public any money through one of their large programs via a signed bill? Name just one. I dare ya.

When was the last time the govt ever saved the public any money through one of their large programs via a signed bill? Name just one. I dare ya.

:eek3:

Who me?????

Question: Where is the money gonna come from to fund this health care bill since our US Treasury is flat broke?

Question: Where is the money gonna come from to fund this health care bill since our US Treasury is flat broke?

oh thin air.

the more money in circulation = lower value of the dollah = oil prices up = gold prices up = higher gas.

Enjoy.

Look like it's possible that Health Care bill can be kill on next election in 2014 if Republic win. :o Isn't it?

Look like it's possible that Health Care bill can be kill on next election in 2014 if Republic win. :o Isn't it?

Quite possible. If that.

Thing is even when Obama signs the bill, there's gonna be a huge fight over the bill, the Republicans won't take this lying down. They'll file a lawsuit within the US Supreme Court in order to stop the bill from taking effect, they'll ask that the bill be suspended until they have their day in court and it could drag on for years. (Emergency Injunction I think would be the appropriate wording)

This bill won't take effect for a long while until both sides have exhausted their arguments.

Yiz

Exactly, the definition of rape is doing it anyway even when being told no repeatedly.

As far as I know....none...but I could be wrong.

IMO, thats why we have tax, or why the government dips into the money for other programs to suit their needs through other programs, or to fund other programs.

:scratch::shrug: I'm just a simple girl from Iowa who really has no clue about politics, but my perceptions I do have a clue about. :D

This caught my eye earlier this morning. See bolded. This has to do with the Healthcare Reform.

Health reform and you: A new guide - Health care- msnbc.com

Q: I'm over 65. How would the legislation affect seniors?

A: The Medicare prescription-drug benefit would be improved substantially. This year, seniors who enter the Part D coverage gap, known as the "doughnut hole," would get $250 to help pay for their medications.

Beyond that, drug company-discounts on brand-name drugs and federal subsidies and discounts for all drugs would gradually reduce the gap, eliminating it by 2020. That means that seniors, who now pay 100 percent of their drug costs once they hit the doughnut hole, would pay 25 percent.

And, as under current law, once seniors spend a certain amount on medications, they would get "catastrophic" coverage and pay only 5 percent of the cost of their medications.

Meanwhile, government payments to Medicare Advantage, the private-plan part of Medicare, would be cut sharply starting in 2011. If you're one of the 10 million enrollees, you could lose extra benefits that many of the plans offer, such as free eyeglasses, hearing aids and gym memberships. To cushion the blow to beneficiaries, the cuts to health plans in high-cost areas of the country such as New York City and South Florida – where seniors have enjoyed the richest benefits -- would be phased in over as many as seven years.

Here is a fact. Tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals already refuse to treat Medicare patients. The reimbursement rate does not even cover expenses. State hospitals are the only ones that have to treat Medicare patients. Private practitioners have always been free to choose whether to treat Medicare patients.

Has anyone here actually read the bill? No, because it won't be released in detail until the bill passes-doesn't that scare anyone here besides me?

Here is a fact, Tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals will refuse to treat Medicare patients beyond the tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals who already refuse to treat Medicare patients.

This bill is wrong, it's the wrong solution and certainly the wrong time to push it. It's not what you think it is and not a save all bill. It will only provide limited healthcare to a limited few and cost us over 580 billion dollars-we are already broke. I would like to talk with you and in 2016 to see if this bill you are so proud of has helped you in anyway or anyone you know in anyway.

Most Americans are against this bill because no one understands it and it still does not address real issues in healthcare. Why do you think it was aso narrowly passed? Government control of healthcare is not the answer. Let the states handle it, ultimatley the states will have their say anyway.

I will be the one who told you so in 6 years-mark my word.....

Has anyone here actually read the bill? No, because it won't be released in detail until the bill passes-doesn't that scare anyone here besides me?

Here is a fact, Tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals will refuse to treat Medicare patients beyond the tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals who already refuse to treat Medicare patients.

This bill is wrong, it's the wrong solution and certainly the wrong time to push it. It's not what you think it is and not a save all bill. It will only provide limited healthcare to a limited few and cost us over 580 billion dollars-we are already broke. I would like to talk with you and in 2016 to see if this bill you are so proud of has helped you in anyway or anyone you know in anyway.

Most Americans are against this bill because no one understands it and it still does not address real issues in healthcare. Why do you think it was aso narrowly passed? Government control of healthcare is not the answer. Let the states handle it, ultimatley the states will have their say anyway.

2700 pages in 72 hours is pretty tough.. lol

Ok I just got a look at what this bill is and one thing that bothers is that the 'individual mandate' requires you to buy health insurance from a private company (not health care) for simply being alive.

YOU MUST BY LAW, are required to purchase a health insurance from a private company. Failure to do so will result in a FINE and jail time until YOU comply with the law.

So with this in mind, homeless people and poor people who cannot afford to comply with this mandate will be arrested, fined and jailed for failing to comply with the health care law.

This is liken that it is mandatory to purchase a auto insurance if you own and will drive a vehicle for the sole purpose of travel, you are required by LAW to have auto insurance before you get behind the wheel.

So, as long as you are alive and breathing, with this bill that has been passed and when the law takes effect, you are required to purchase health insurance for as long as you are alive. The only way to escape this provision of this bill is you have to be dead.

At this moment, my wife has her SSD, she has her medicare and medicaid. She's fine with what she has.

Me, I am unemployed and am drawing unemployment vouchers which will end at the end of May. I cannot find work because no one is interested in hiring me. I've filed for SSD and my case is still pending.

So where does this leave me? If the law becomes mandatory and I cannot afford to purchase health insurance as required by law, I will be fined and eventually be sent to jail. So who's gonna care for my wife? Her medicaid/medicare rules only allows 60 hrs a month for nursing care. I take care of my wife full time 24/7 more so than the nurses do.

So if I go to jail, who's gonna watch my wife while I am gone? We both are screwed.

Yiz

I am....I have said something about this...not seeing the bill before the vote.

What a shame when partisanship and the disturbed need to say "I told you so" takes precedence over the health care of America's many uninsured.:roll:

Last edited:

Where did you ever get the mistaken idea that it was the government's job to save money?:laugh2:

Ok I just got a look at what this bill is and one thing that bothers is that the 'individual mandate' requires you to buy health insurance from a private company (not health care) for simply being alive.

YOU MUST BY LAW, are required to purchase a health insurance from a private company. Failure to do so will result in a FINE and jail time until YOU comply with the law.

So with this in mind, homeless people and poor people who cannot afford to comply with this mandate will be arrested, fined and jailed for failing to comply with the health care law.

This is liken that it is mandatory to purchase a auto insurance if you own and will drive a vehicle for the sole purpose of travel, you are required by LAW to have auto insurance before you get behind the wheel.

So, as long as you are alive and breathing, with this bill that has been passed and when the law takes effect, you are required to purchase health insurance for as long as you are alive. The only way to escape this provision of this bill is you have to be dead.

At this moment, my wife has her SSD, she has her medicare and medicaid. She's fine with what she has.

Me, I am unemployed and am drawing unemployment vouchers which will end at the end of May. I cannot find work because no one is interested in hiring me. I've filed for SSD and my case is still pending.

So where does this leave me? If the law becomes mandatory and I cannot afford to purchase health insurance as required by law, I will be fined and eventually be sent to jail. So who's gonna care for my wife? Her medicaid/medicare rules only allows 60 hrs a month for nursing care. I take care of my wife full time 24/7 more so than the nurses do.

So if I go to jail, who's gonna watch my wife while I am gone? We both are screwed.

Yiz

You can thank the Repubs for that one. They are the ones that refused the public option.:cool2:

If you can't afford to purchase private insurance, you will be covered by Medicaid. This has been stated over and over again.:roll:

What a shame when Bi-partisanship and the disturbed need to say "I told you so" takes precedence over the health care of America's many uninsured.:roll:

You mean partisanship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back