House Democratic official: 'We've got the votes' on health care

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are you saying the "science" you partake in, represents the entire population?

Last I checked, psychology did not take on a test/poll of the entire population.

So, with that, how valid is psychology?

Quite off topic and bordering on trolling once again.:cool2:

Can I point out a bias?

I have numerous friends who are in the same state as jilio... and a lot of them over there do support the healthcare reform.

Given that TXgolfer lives in Texas, and PFH lives in Colorado, it's no surprise they're finding people they're talking about within their own communities as well.

True.....But I do travel quite a bit and play golf with people from all over. I would guess the random samples of polls conducted over and over again with the same result probably are more accurate than my conversations.....or anyone elses.

well, it look like the health care bill passed. but it seem that alot of people are complaining. Over abortion? At least they got the reform they wanted.

well, it look like the health care bill passed. but it seem that alot of people are complaining. Over abortion? At least they got the reform they wanted.

Like I said earlier...not perfect but certainly better than what we have currently.

fantastic ...yet another healthcare reform thread pops up literally, out of nowhere. :giggle:

7 votes difference? wow that's certainly not a landslide.

someone was paid off.

"We have failed to listen to America and we have failed to reflect the will of our constituents," he said. "And when we fail to reflect that will, we fail ourselves and we fail our country."

quoted from a Republican Senator who also sees the light (from link in my prior post).

7 votes difference? wow that's certainly not a landslide.

It wasn't going to pass.....A last second executive order on abortion funding secured the last few votes

not surprised.

what state is he from? I would like to drive over there and shake his hand.

my bad - it was Republican (corrected post)

at least 19 democrats felt that this bill was wrong because it provided government spending on abortion.

they are:

Kathy Dahlkemper (Penn.)
Lincoln Davis (Tenn.)
Tim Holden (Penn.)
Mike McIntyre (N.C.)
Solomon Ortiz (Texas)
Jerry Costello (Ill.)
Travis Childers (Miss)
Steve Driehaus (Ohio)
Paul Kanjorski (Penn.)
Marcy Kaptur (Ohio)
John Murtha (Penn.)
Jim Oberstar (Minn.)

Jillio,

Are votes considered polls?

No, they aren't. I can see where you could compare the two, but votes actually include far more people with wider demographics than polls do.

For instance, if you stand outside a grocery store and ask the first 10 people to respond to a question, you get a limited sample. You only get the people that shop at that particular store, at that particular time of day. If it is morning, the chance is great that you will only be getting women between the age of 25 and 35 responding, and then only those that agree to answer the question. See what I mean?

Here is a prediction not to be confused with a fact. It is simply an educated opinion.

Tens of thousands of doctors and thousands of health care institutions -- hospitals, hospices, outpatient clinics and such -- will refuse to treat Medicare patients if the effects of Obamacare take place before election day.

Here is a fact. Tens of thousands of doctors and hospitals already refuse to treat Medicare patients. The reimbursement rate does not even cover expenses. State hospitals are the only ones that have to treat Medicare patients. Private practitioners have always been free to choose whether to treat Medicare patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back