House Democratic official: 'We've got the votes' on health care

Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture that has been taken daily for months. And again you said the majority actually supports THIS BILL. What info are you using that backs up that claim? Or is it just a hunch?

Not a hunch at all. If you had been paying attention to something other than unreliable polls, you would have seen that.

Interesting, when "pictures" are taken daily and it keeps showing a constant downward trend, I'd say it tells something quite indicative of what's going on and perhaps why. It's not a surprise that the WH uses polls as a way to put their fingers to the wind and see which way it's blowing. Not a surprise.

Kind of like Bush's polls that bottomed out the lowest in history?

Not a hunch at all. If you had been paying attention to something other than unreliable polls, you would have seen that.

Like what? Was there a referendum?

Like what? Was there a referendum?

Look around, TxGolfer, look around. Listen to what real life people are saying, not the very very few that have participated in a poll. Not everyone agrees 100% with the bill as written. However, a majority in this country agree that health care reform is necessary, and that this bill, while not perfect, is certainly better than the current situation.

Like I said earlier, if you are waiting for perfection, you are in for a long wait. Sick people don't have that luxury.

Those polls were pretty indicative of public sentiment as well... :shrug:

Nope. A distorted picture, especially after 911. I know plenty of people who did not increase their approval following that incident, and still thought he was the worst thing this country had ever seen. Even after the vote that secured his second term, there were plenty that wondered how the hell this country could have so many people that were blindly led by fear.

Those polls were pretty indicative of public sentiment as well... :shrug:

I would like to see the specific polls and what questiosn were asked Depending on how you phrase the questions asked you could probably say that a majority do or don't support reform. Some people might say no to a a simple question like "Do you support the current bill under consideration in Congress" because some people (like me), feel that it doesn't go far enough.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.
-Thomas Jefferson

Way to go! Sobering thought, isn't it?

Show me this "something."

I am in the same shoes with TxGolfer - Polls and people around me say the same thing.

I don't see what fog you're looking into, please show us.

I would like to see the specific polls and what questiosn were asked Depending on how you phrase the questions asked you could probably say that a majority do or don't support reform. Some people might say no to a a simple question like "Do you support the current bill under consideration in Congress" because some people (like me), feel that it doesn't go far enough.

Exactly. Not to mention needing to know the demographics of the people polled. Two of the very reasons that polls are considered to be less than reliable.

Show me this "something."

I am in the same shoes with TxGolfer - Polls and people around me say the same thing.

I don't see what fog you're looking into, please show us.

Obviously, it is a fog you are incapable of discerning.

Way to go! Sobering thought, isn't it?

Oh yeah....sobering indeed.

I have been reading every single online article, columns and what have you about this issue....

what really caught my eye were the comments of the PUBLIC after each article.

Whew....!

Again... diverting. lol, gotta love people like you...

So borderline.

You didn't expect an answer did ya? lol

Well the People at my golf club,health club.Hooter's and Baby Doll's are against the bill. My Dr's are against the bill....kinda runs with the polling. :lol:

Hardly representative of the entire population, and many variables are missing. No clarification at all.

You didn't expect an answer did ya? lol

Well the People at my golf club,health club.Hooter's and Baby Doll's are against the bill. My Dr's are against the bill....kinda runs with the polling. :lol:

Never expected an answer. It's like reading a book you've already read few times.

Yeah, I'm with you here.

Can I point out a bias?

I have numerous friends who are in the same state as jilio... and a lot of them over there do support the healthcare reform.

Given that TXgolfer lives in Texas, and PFH lives in Colorado, it's no surprise they're finding people they're talking about within their own communities as well.

Hardly representative of the entire population, and many variables are missing. No clarification at all.

So, are you saying the "science" you partake in, represents the entire population?

Last I checked, psychology did not take on a test/poll of the entire population.

So, with that, how valid is psychology?

Can I point out a bias?

I have numerous friends who are in the same state as jilio... and a lot of them over there do support the healthcare reform.

Given that TXgolfer lives in Texas, and PFH lives in Colorado, it's no surprise they're finding people they're talking about within their own communities as well.

Exactly. Demographics are important in the results of any poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back