Hostile society of the hearing people

I know right :giggle:

Well, if you choose to alientate the very people you came here to chat with and learn from, I would question what your purpose in being here is. The assessment of argumentativeness seems to be right on target.

And, it is very possible that that new bf of yours is reading all of your posts.

The fact that you are continuing to argue the point is suggestive of someone who is closed minded and not likely to learn much about deafness and the culture from this forum.

According to the post above...I am already a lost cause...

Well, if you choose to alientate the very people you came here to chat with and learn from, I would question what your purpose in being here is. The assessment of argumentativeness seems to be right on target.

And, it is very possible that that new bf of yours is reading all of your posts.

Jillio...what is the "real" issue here? Honesty, since I have been a member of this website, I received nothing but aggression aimed at me from you.

What have I done here that has offended you so much...is it the new deaf BF...I mean really...what is it?

The title of this thread does not include all of the hearing. Just those who turn hostile toward deaf.

That's how I interpreted.... those who not hostile to deaf people does not apply to this thread...

The OP simply want to know if the same people who are hostile to deaf people are also hostile to other people who are different. Or are they nicer? If you witness hostility toward deaf people, let us know how they treated other people who are different.

Jillio...what is the "real" issue here? Honesty, since I have been a member of this website, I received nothing but aggression aimed at me from you.

What have I done here that has offended you so much...is it the new deaf BF...I mean really...what is it?

Some of your posts (in this thread and other threads) have discounted deaf people's experience in their dealing with the hearing hence why jillio commented on it.

You would do well not to paint us as bigoted toward the hearing - many of us have to deal with the hearing on a daily basis and while most are decent people, we have to deal with hearing who discount us or treat us as if we were of subpar intelligence at best.

Last edited:
Some of your posts (in this thread and other threads) have discounted deaf people's experience in their dealing with the hearing hence why jillio commented on it.

You would do well not to paint us as bigoted toward the hearing - many of us have to deal with the hearing on a daily basis and while most are decent people, we have to deal with hearing who discount us or treat us as if we were of subpar intelligence at best.

In what other post have I discounted deaf people's experience in dealing with the hearing?

When I have I painted you as bigoted toward the hearing?

It's a saying. Basically we are all saying the same thing and mean the same thing, we are just calling it something it else.

The saying comes from a song by George and Ira Gershwin, from 1937. "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off."

Here are the lyrics to the refrain.

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther;
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,
Let's call the whole thing off!
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto;
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must part.
And oh! If we ever part,
Then that might break my heart!
So, if you like pajamas and I like pajahmas,
I'll wear pajamas and give up pajahmas.
For we know we need each other,
So we better call the calling off off.

Long story short I agreed with Jillio and many of the other member comments on this post...I just used words that unintentionally offended her and others on this site and for this I sincerely apologize. I was wrong.

It's a saying. Basically we are all saying the same thing and mean the same thing, we are just calling it something it else.

The saying comes from a song by George and Ira Gershwin, from 1937. "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off."

Here are the lyrics to the refrain.

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther;
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto;
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must part.
And oh! If we ever part,
Then that might break my heart!
So, if you like pajamas and I like pajahmas,
I'll wear pajamas and give up pajahmas.
For we know we need each other,
So we better call the calling off off.

Long story short I agreed with Jillio and many of the other member comments on this post...I just used words that unintentionally offended her and others on this site and for this I sincerely apologize. I was wrong.

Seems like there was a misunderstanding so I wont bget involved but I wanted to give you a FYI..if you make posts using quotes from a song to use as an analogy or something, pls let us know where it came from since many of us dont hear music and dont have a lot of background knowledge of the different lyrics out there. Thanks

yes, and even when we do hear music, not all of us can understand the lyrics. (I never could)

Back