Hostile society of the hearing people

According to the OP the entire hearing society is hostile. If that is true from the OP's perspective then that is truly sad.

And the OP may find your defense of those members of hearing society, just because they are hearing, is sad. (That was just to demonstrate the subjectivity of reality based on experience.)

But you are correct. The point of the thread is that it is sad that any deaf individual, in today's supposedly enlightened age, would have an experience that would reflect the title.

I would never say.... "Deaf people always lump hearing people together which sometimes I find offensive" What I would say is "Some deaf people lump all hearing people together which sometimes I find offensive" That is practicing good judgement in how I word something to not only remove the subjectivity, but to be fair.

We should not stereotype eachother and that does not just apply to hearing and deaf, but to all people.

I would never say.... "Deaf people always lump hearing people together which sometimes I find offensive" What I would say is "Some deaf people lump all hearing people together which sometimes I find offensive" That is practicing good judgement in how I word something to not only remove the subjectivity, but to be fair.

We should not stereotype eachother and that does not just apply to hearing and deaf, but to all people.

And that would be your word choice. However, that does not mean that your choice should be the choice of all.:P

Frankly, there are always going to be a few rotten apples in every barrel, whether that barrel is labeled "hearing", or "deaf", or "blind", or any other term you want to use here. It doesn't mean that it is indicative of all of that barrel. On the other hand, when some of us (whether we be deaf, or hearing, or blind, or anything else) are subjected to a lifetime of what feels like hostility towards us, it's hard to have another perspective.

And that would be your word choice. However, that does not mean that your choice should be the choice of all.:P
You are finally starting to come around. :giggle: I would suggest that my word choice practices good judgement, removes any subjectivity does not stereotype, and is fair.

Frankly, there are always going to be a few rotten apples in every barrel, whether that barrel is labeled "hearing", or "deaf", or "blind", or any other term you want to use here. It doesn't mean that it is indicative of all of that barrel. On the other hand, when some of us (whether we be deaf, or hearing, or blind, or anything else) are subjected to a lifetime of what feels like hostility towards us, it's hard to have another perspective.
Fair enough... Regardless of my personal experiences I will choose to not stereotype anyone.

I didn't say anything...not one single solitary word.

You took my words out of context and added a Hmmm...smilie. As I stated, I prefer that you not take my posts out of context. If you choose to respond, use the whole post. Otherwise, you will be suspect of attempting to twist the intent and meaning of the original post.

You are finally starting to come around. :giggle: I would suggest that my word choice practices good judgement, removes any subjectivity does not stereotype, and is fair.

In your opinion.:laugh2: Can we call a truce now, lol?

"The Hostile Society of Hearing People" is exactly what it refers to. It is not referring to Hearing people who are sympathetic to the d/Deaf or to hearing family members of d/Deaf but it clearly refers to Hearing People who are Hostile to d/Deaf people, a specific group and it does not imply that ALL Hearing people are Hostile to d/Deaf people.

"The Hostile Society of Hearing People" is exactly what it refers to. It is not referring to Hearing people who are sympathetic to the d/Deaf or to hearing family members of d/Deaf but it clearly refers to Hearing People who are Hostile to d/Deaf people, a specific group and it does not imply that ALL Hearing people are Hostile to d/Deaf people.
Except that is not the title of the thread and it's further supported in post 1.

You took my words out of context and added a Hmmm...smilie. As I stated, I prefer that you not take my posts out of context. If you choose to respond, use the whole post. Otherwise, you will be suspect of attempting to twist the intent and meaning of the original post.

Really...now :hmm:

How ironic...

The hearing members here are arguing amongst themselves over how deaf people are being treated.

:roll:

We, the deaf people, are the ones suffering at the hearing peoples' hands here, just remember that.

(Of course not all hearing people....just 95% of them :giggle:)

Back