Hostile society of the hearing people

I usually open the door for some people if they are behind me but only if the door is manual. If it is electronic, I know they are fine.

Weird thing. Truthfully tears started pouring down my face and we all just kind of ignored it .

I was unbearably sad that my toy was going to be given away. It was just stupid.

My daughter likes things to be new and perfect and I am afraid she will throw it away.

I asked my other daughter to forewarn her and ask her please not throw it away since it was my childhood toy. :Oops:

I just put it here for a lark as I really am feeling sorry for myself. But kind of a joke too, because I don't expect you guys to pity me.

I don't blame the way you feel. You can explain to her that it is a like a heiroom to you to pass down to generations, because it means so much to you.

Weird thing. Truthfully tears started pouring down my face and we all just kind of ignored it .

I was unbearably sad that my toy was going to be given away. It was just stupid.

My daughter likes things to be new and perfect and I am afraid she will throw it away.

I asked my other daughter to forewarn her and ask her please not throw it away since it was my childhood toy. :Oops:

I just put it here for a lark as I really am feeling sorry for myself. But kind of a joke too, because I don't expect you guys to pity me.

You have a right to these feelings, Bott! This is a little different from what I was talking about. Actually, a lot different. This is something you cherish that is being given away. Like I said, I'd be upset, too. :hug:

You have a right to these feelings, Bott! This is a little different from what I was talking about. Actually, a lot different. This is something you cherish that is being given away. Like I said, I'd be upset, too. :hug:

So would I.

I still am mad at my mother for giving away my radio to one of my nieces. She had been against me using the radio to listen to music cuz she was afraid i would damage my hearing.

So would I.

I still am mad at my mother for giving away my radio to one of my nieces. She had been against me using the radio to listen to music cuz she was afraid i would damage my hearing.

Oh wow, a radio she fears would damage your hearing and GIVES it to someone else to damage THEIR hearing.

Yiz

I don't blame the way you feel. You can explain to her that it is a like a heiroom to you to pass down to generations, because it means so much to you.

May I empathize? Passing that snow sled on is kind of an ending to an era. I feel ya'.

sled riding is never out of style :)

I want my parent's house. Too much memories with my family than give to someone who have no memories of it. (btw, no one is living in it right now, My dad is staying somewhere that's closer to the hospital)

Last edited:
May I empathize? Passing that snow sled on is kind of an ending to an era. I feel ya'.

You can empathize. It got worked out though. I talked to my daughter at lunch yesterday.

I was mostly afraid she would just throw it away because they are not poor and have lots of things.

She said she is sure both girls will love to ride it because it belonged to me.

If they don't like it, or when they outgrow it, she will bring it back.

You can empathize. It got worked out though. I talked to my daughter at lunch yesterday.

I was mostly afraid she would just throw it away because they are not poor and have lots of things.

She said she is sure both girls will love to ride it because it belonged to me.

If they don't like it, or when they outgrow it, she will bring it back.

Sounds like a perfect solution. Maybe having the one that belonged to you will increase their fun.

ok...tried to NOT get mad... but just have to respond.

...and you see yourself as normal. That is fine with me...

... but I can't ignore the pity I feel at times cause I wish you guys could have experienced all I have. Maybe running, dancing, or being able to relax while listening to your favorite song. I appreciate all that life has got to give us and knowing someone either by birth or accident has been deprived or so, makes me feel sad for them.

I've snipped everything but those two things that really jumped out at me.

This one REALLY got my back up:
"and you see yourself as normal. That is fine with me." First of all, my son IS "normal". He just happens to have a physical disability; he's not any LESS "normal" because he can't walk...nor is anyone less "normal" because they are deaf. Secondly, it's "fine" with you? Really??? How fortunate for my son that it is fine with you (or anyone else) that he "sees himself as normal."
Wow.
Next...
You feel sorry for him for not being able to experience everything that you have? I am betting there are things he has experienced, and will experience as he gets older, that you will never be fortunate enough to experience. Should he pity you? He may not dance on his feet, but he can move in his chair just fine. He doesn't "run", but he gets in shit at school all the time for racing down the hall and doing pop-a-wheelies. He goes skiing every winter, in a sit-ski, he has won ribbons in equestrian events, and he goes to an awesome wheelchair sports camp every summer. He also plays street hockey, wheelchair basketball, and loves the Wii. He has a LIFE which includes some wonderful times, as well as some real challenges... and it is a full, rich, and complete life.

"and you see yourself as normal. That is fine with me." First of all, my son IS "normal". He just happens to have a physical disability; he's not any LESS "normal" because he can't walk...nor is anyone less "normal" because they are deaf. Secondly, it's "fine" with you? Really??? How fortunate for my son that it is fine with you (or anyone else) that he "sees himself as normal."
Wow.
Next...
You feel sorry for him for not being able to experience everything that you have? I am betting there are things he has experienced, and will experience as he gets older, that you will never be fortunate enough to experience. Should he pity you? He may not dance on his feet, but he can move in his chair just fine. He doesn't "run", but he gets in shit at school all the time for racing down the hall and doing pop-a-wheelies. He goes skiing every winter, in a sit-ski, he has won ribbons in equestrian events, and he goes to an awesome wheelchair sports camp every summer. He also plays street hockey, wheelchair basketball, and loves the Wii. He has a LIFE which includes some wonderful times, as well as some real challenges... and it is a full, rich, and complete life.

:gpost:!

Her post really upset me, too.

Wow.
Next...

+1!! Excellent post/

From my own experience, I think most hearing people feel that we are "different" because they don't understand us.

I get asked all the time "What's it like being 'half deaf'"

For me I guess I experience both the worlds. I constantly get annoyed looks from some hearings because of not hearing them.

But I think most of them sympathize with the people who are in wheelchairs and etc.

I was recently out with a hearing friend and she was thinking some passer-byer was retarded just because he was signing to his friends and his facial expressions changed here and there. I had to explain to her that was part of talking in sign-language and not to be quick to judge people.

I wish we lived in a more open-minded kind of world.

From my own experience, I think most hearing people feel that we are "different" because they don't understand us.

I get asked all the time "What's it like being 'half deaf'"

For me I guess I experience both the worlds. I constantly get annoyed looks from some hearings because of not hearing them.

But I think most of them sympathize with the people who are in wheelchairs and etc.

I was recently out with a hearing friend and she was thinking some passer-byer was retarded just because he was signing to his friends and his facial expressions changed here and there. I had to explain to her that was part of talking in sign-language and not to be quick to judge people.

I wish we lived in a more open-minded kind of world.

I would tell them, "Gee...I don't know. What is it like being half conscious?":lol:

I had similar thing happened to me once when I was trying to get ticket for train to London. I wrote down I want returns tickets to London, I was polite in paper in case some people get annoyed easily. I said "Can I have returns tickets to London please? Thanks". This man refused to look at it and I keep pointing at it and queue was getting longer behind me and lucky man eventually looked at it in end!!

hmm, we should be taking notes of this and report it as cases of discrimination and get them fired, or and better yet start pushing papers/bills to enchance the power of rights d/Deaf people to have to sue/report/bring police into the matter for surmoning court...i dont care if they say 'waste of time' BULLSHIT !!. it is real and we get plenty of this needless shit.i think we really need to think about how to make the public more aware, but just 'awareness freindly PC crap' I mean actual enforcement of the law, as well as our ability to fuck them over as they been fucking us over for too long!...just my 2 cents...

Back