Highest speed you have achieved in your car/truck?

Lol, Reba! Thanks for aiding this computer dummy.....

sheesh :eek2: and I am very Lucky and Alive!!! :shock:

I was drive Hynadia (spell) excel small car with 110 mph on highway when I was buzzzzing :eek: stupid me as young teenage !!! :lol:

The most speed i've ever gotten in a car was 235-240 km in a bmw '06 M3 which is about 155 mph i think (don't remember exact conversion)...I wasn't driving either my bf was ..i almost peed my pants!!! it was late tho good weather and no cars on the highway, but i gave him shit and told him never again!!!it was a lil scary :s

bump.gif

I was wondred what anyone drive top speed now.

79 F150 with gear ratio 3.00 I could cruise at 100 mph easy with rpm 2,700 but change to 3.55 so top speed is 90 mph with rpm 3,800 it sound like SCREAM from 6 inline 4.9L

93 F350 with gear ratio 3.55 with 5.0L I could go 85 mph but most time it run out power at high speed due underpower engine.

94 geo tracker It scream at 70 mph with rpm 4,000

01 F250 v10 top speed I could go in highway is 90 mph but it seem it got better on gas at 90 mph than 55 mph.

02 Mustang top speed I did 120 mph but decide slow down because I don't want speed ticket.

I never got speed tickets but most time I drive at speed limit.

I haven't gone to top speed but, I have gone to around 105 mph at around 4,500 rpm with my 2000 Honda Civic EX, I think it's governed to 113 mph, from what I heard. I believe it could do over 120 mph without the governor.

Also, when I rode in with my friend in a 2001 VW Passat 1.8 turbo and he went about 120 mph and still had some power to keep on going, but we had to slow down cuz of the cops.

Rented Malibu with V-6 - close to 110mph
My Ford Explorer V-6 - 95mph

Hit 150 with my SRT-4 with some power to spare. Typically don't go faster than 75 mph on highways though. Plan to go to racetracks and race after all the mods have been done including a turbo upgrade. :)

200km/hr (125mph) in a '94 Ford Falcon S/wagon about 6 months ago and never again, it went across a long stretchy country road in the middle of the day, my friend witnessed it. :D
This record still stands... three years later.

chevy silverado with a 327 hit 105 before i backed off since i know where the cops hide on that section of the interstate.

The highest speed I have done is 130 kmph (80 mph). This is when I was driving down the hills.

Legal road high speed limit is 100 Km (62 miles) on most highway, freeways in New Zealand, if driving 110 Kmph (68 mph) and under, you won't be stopped by cops, until you are over 110+ Kmph. Urban areas usually 50 Km (31 miles).

When my friends and I went to Yellowstone, my friend was pulled over doing 101 mph in a 75 zone, and he got a $140 ticket. Good thing he didn't go to jail and lose the car or whatever. It was in middle of nowhere on I-15 in Idaho and the Dodge Ram truck with badged Clark County Sheriff came out of nowhere, that was insane! Be careful out there, cops or anything can come out of surprise no matter where you are.

When my friends and I went to Yellowstone, my friend was pulled over doing 101 mph in a 75 zone, and he got a $140 ticket. Good thing he didn't go to jail and lose the car or whatever. It was in middle of nowhere on I-15 in Idaho and the Dodge Ram truck with badged Clark County Sheriff came out of nowhere, that was insane! Be careful out there, cops or anything can come out of surprise no matter where you are.

Few of my old friends run away from cops when they did over 150mph. Cops is no way to catch up and backup is too late.

Few of my old friends run away from cops when they did over 150mph. Cops is no way to catch up and backup is too late.

Tsk tsk, don't encourage people to run away from cops. You never know what equipment they have. :)

Back