Highest speed you have achieved in your car/truck?

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a re-post, but I wanted to create a new thread about who's gone the highest speed with their car or truck or whatever u drive.

I have gone to 110 mph in a 1987 Honda Civic 5 speed manual on a flat surface interstate in the bay area. It took forever to get to that speed and there was lot of room since there wasn't many cars.

I also went about over 110+ mph when I went downhill in a 1983 Honda Civic wagon, it only can top up to 95 mph cuz it's underpowered. It only has 67 horsepower to play with. :P

Currently the car I have now, the 1994 Honda Civic hatchback, I've gone to 105 mph on I-5 in North California. It had still plenty of oo mph to go faster, but I don't want to risk it because there were patrols in the planes, so u never know.

I have gone to 100 to 105 mph in a 1993 Honda Accord LX (my parents car) .
It picks up speed pretty nicely, but I hate slush box (automatic). That car has 175,000 miles on it right now and still runs strong, hasn't even fallen apart just yet.

Let's hear out ur speed, please be honest! :D

120 mph, Porsche 914, Florida Panhandle highway, flat and straight, around 1975. No where near the redline (overdrive, plenty of rpms left), but I didn't want to press my luck with the Highway Patrol. ;)

105 MPH on Yamaha Vstar custom 1100cc
103 MPH on Honda Goldwing 1200cc

Man! I love it, but it does scare shitless for me because I was riding out in country and there is tons of animals around. One animal shoot across street, I'd be flying! So, did 105mph for about a minute. Real nice.

Bikes -
Clocked by local police at 217 mph on Custom Built Suzuki Drag Bike. :twisted:
108 mph HD Shovelhead Chopper
97 mph HD Ironhead Chopper

Cars -
1969 Dodge Coronet blown 440 :dunno: the speedo broke when I buried the needle during the race...
1971 Dodge Dart blown 440 158mph
1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph
1977 Chevy Camaro blown 454 147 mph

Excessive Speed Is My Obsessive Need... :thumb:

^^1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph

You must be joking! Who's gonna drive that fast on the US interstates? That's too crazy!

P.S. What does FMS mean, by the way?

sequoias said:
^^1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph

You must be joking! Who's gonna drive that fast on the US interstates? That's too crazy!

P.S. What does FMS mean, by the way?
FMS = Ford Motor Sports. 514 is a racing motor.
... and it wasn't on a interstate... :thumb:
P.S. Some of us actually have balls...

C.C.Sinned said:
FMS = Ford Motor Sports. 514 is a racing motor.
... and it wasn't on a interstate... :thumb:
P.S. Some of us actually have balls...

Yikes, too bad I don't have the balls to go that fast, cluck cluck.

I recall going as high as 110-mph several times in the past -- that was done after darktime. I miss my old Grand Prix due trading for a SUV at the dealership!

Unlimited speed on highway in Germany.

I drove between 140 kmh and 160 kmh ( x 1.6 = 224 mph and 256 mph) speedy.

My hubby drove between 160 kmh and 200 kmh (x 1.6 = 256 mph and 320 mph) speedy.

I confused the difference kmh/mph between Germany and America until I found the correct today. I already mentioned "160 mph" in other threads which it should be kmh, not mph... :Oops: I converted into correct mph today... Ooocchhh...

Liebling:-))) said:

My hubby drove between 160 kmh and 200 kmh (x 1.6 = 256 mph and 320 mph) speedy.

I confused the difference kmh/mph between Germany and America until I found the correct today. I already mentioned "160 mph" in other threads which it should be kmh, not mph... :Oops: I converted into correct mph today... Ooocchhh...

I believe it is wrong. 224 KHM is 140 mph. You are doing the reverse mathing.

Anyway 115 MPH at Chevy 1500 Truck. It is sh*t. Never again high speed on the American's car.

Oh ya German cars!

C.C.Sinned said:
Bikes -
Clocked by local police at 217 mph on Custom Built Suzuki Drag Bike. :twisted:
108 mph HD Shovelhead Chopper
97 mph HD Ironhead Chopper

Cars -
1969 Dodge Coronet blown 440 :dunno: the speedo broke when I buried the needle during the race...
1971 Dodge Dart blown 440 158mph
1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph
1977 Chevy Camaro blown 454 147 mph

Excessive Speed Is My Obsessive Need... :thumb:

I don't believe you.
Mustang can't reach to 192. It can reach it only if you had NOS plus must have good body kits to do that.

Drag Motorcycle doing 217 at street. That is a uber please. If you said 180ish and I could believe you but 217 and that is a serious birdshit thing.

Don't play with me with your bs-ing cuz I know the motor world.

Liebling:-))) said:

140 kmph = 87 mph
160 kmph = 99 mph
200 kmph = 124 mph

90 on a 2001 chevy s10 (Not a good idea)
125 on a 2003 Toyota Camry

Once got a ticket for going 95 in 55 in the same 2003 toyota camry.

Sinned, Quit bullshitting us. 217 in a highway clocked by a police... that would have your lincence revoked.

Crazymanw00t said:
I don't believe you.
Mustang can't reach to 192. It can reach it only if you had NOS plus must have good body kits to do that.

Drag Motorcycle doing 217 at street. That is a uber please. If you said 180ish and I could believe you but 217 and that is a serious birdshit thing.

Don't play with me with your bs-ing cuz I know the motor world.
:sure: You don't!!! Lets Pretend you have a brain. If you noticed. The 1980 Mustang has a drag racing motor in it. a Ford Motor Sport 514 complete with complete with super charger. I invested over $18 into the motor alone. My friends & I built the car to Pro Streeet specs. If you read my prolile you would notice I'm into hot rodding.

The drag bike was owned By my friend Jason. We tested it out on on Route 903. I was the trying it when it was clocked. Jason the owner of it was held responsible.
2up.gif

Nusentinsaino said:
90 on a 2001 chevy s10 (Not a good idea)
125 on a 2003 Toyota Camry

Once got a ticket for going 95 in 55 in the same 2003 toyota camry.

Sinned, Quit bullshitting us. 217 in a highway clocked by a police... that would have your lincence revoked.
Look up.

i did vw jetta - 110 with 4 friends on I-285
69 mustang - 105
vw rabbit - *cough* 95 on I-75 in FL/GA
ford explorer - 112(govt chip - GRRR) on I-75 between Naple and Tampa with Orlando Police CSI Van and 3 other cars. (no kidding, but it was fun)

C.C.Sinned said:
:sure: You don't!!! Lets Pretend you have a brain. If you noticed. The 1980 Mustang has a drag racing motor in it. a Ford Motor Sport 514 complete with complete with super charger. I invested over $18 into the motor alone. My friends & I built the car to Pro Streeet specs. If you read my prolile you would notice I'm into hot rodding.

The drag bike was owned By my friend Jason. We tested it out on on Route 903. I was the trying it when it was clocked. Jason the owner of it was held responsible.
2up.gif

Supercharger and doing 192 mph. It is very hard to believe it because Mustang is very heavy and 512 block plus loads it is extremely heavy for it to go over 190 mph. As I said you must have the NOS and good body kit to do like that. Remember all the Speedmeter is error when it goes after 120 mph. It can be error with 5 to 15 mph going after 120 mph. Maybe you were doing 182 and that is more correctly.

BTW $18 dollar on what? *laughs*

Oh now you said Jason rode that bike on 217 not by you, am I right? You said that bike is drag and if you go over 200 mph on the motorcycle and you would be flying in air or losing the balance from going toooooo fast. Maybe you were going 180ish and that is more correctly.

Back