Highest speed you have achieved in your car/truck?

Crazymanw00t said:
Supercharger and doing 192 mph. It is very hard to believe it because Mustang is very heavy and 512 block plus loads it is extremely heavy for it to go over 190 mph. As I said you must have the NOS and good body kit to do like that. Remember all the Speedmeter is error when it goes after 120 mph. It can be error with 5 to 15 mph going after 120 mph. Maybe you were doing 182 and that is more correctly.

BTW $18 dollar on what? *laughs*

Oh now you said Jason rode that bike on 217 not by you, am I right? You said that bike is drag and if you go over 200 mph on the motorcycle and you would be flying in air or losing the balance from going toooooo fast. Maybe you were going 180ish and that is more correctly.
No he owned the bike. I was riding it...I Am PMing you full details...

Last edited:
Reba said:
140 kmph = 87 mph
160 kmph = 99 mph
200 kmph = 124 mph

:confused:

I check with my supersivor about this today because he knows America speed law. He said that America law about speed limit on highway is very strict. Up to 90 mph only.

American soliders where I work also told me too. They said that they feel free to drive speed here in Germany than America. I was like :confused: when I read your post.

http://www.survivaliq.com/navigation/mounted-land-navigation_par3.htm

140 kmph x .62 = 86.80 mph
160 kmph x .62 = 99.20 mph
200 kmph x .62 = 124.00 mph

It look like that Australia speed limit law is the worst than America or what???

Alot of Germans drive more than 150 to..... mph.... My hubby drove most on 124 mph than 130 or 140 mph.

Liebling:-))) said:
:confused:

I check with my supersivor about this today because he knows America speed law. He said that America law about speed limit on highway is very strict. Up to 90 mph only.

American soliders where I work also told me too. They said that they feel free to drive speed here in Germany than America. I was like :confused: when I read your post.

http://www.survivaliq.com/navigation/mounted-land-navigation_par3.htm

140 kmph x .62 = 86.80 mph
160 kmph x .62 = 99.20 mph
200 kmph x .62 = 124.00 mph

It look like that Australia speed limit law is the worst than America or what???

Alot of Germans drive more than 150 to..... mph.... My hubby drove most on 124 mph than 130 or 140 mph.

The freeways around Melbourne are all 100 km/h and the best you will get is 110 km/h outside Melbourne. Just about all the freeways are fitted with stationary speed cameras and 130 km/h in Australia means loss of licence for three months and approx three to five hundred in fines!!!! They are anal about speed cause of long distances and the country roads mostly are not good enough for speeds above 100 km/h. I find it frustrating but have had to get used to it.

Now about America, the top speed of 70 mph (115km/h) as motorist tend to hit 85mph on few states. is it right??

^^The speed limits varies in the states of the US. It varies from 55 mph on rural state roads. 60, 65, 70, 75 mph (96, 104, 112, 120 km/h) on interstates and Arizona is working on a law for 80 mph (128.7 km/h) speed limit on rural interstates. Here, in Washington state-the speed limit is 70 mph on rural interstates and 60 mph (96 km/h) in metro areas.

;)

Your right we all Americans go about 10mph over the limit without worry about getting ticket. If the speed limit is 55, I go 65-68 mph if speed limit is 65, then I go around 78mph. The last time I got speed ticket is more than 5 years ago.

Tamara said:
The freeways around Melbourne are all 100 km/h and the best you will get is 110 km/h outside Melbourne. Just about all the freeways are fitted with stationary speed cameras and 130 km/h in Australia means loss of licence for three months and approx three to five hundred in fines!!!! They are anal about speed cause of long distances and the country roads mostly are not good enough for speeds above 100 km/h. I find it frustrating but have had to get used to it.

Now about America, the top speed of 70 mph (115km/h) as motorist tend to hit 85mph on few states. is it right??

Feel The Need For Speed

I HANE DRIVEN 105 IN MY HUBBY'S SUPER "B" THAT WAS 1986. WE WERE HANGING OUT W/ MUTUAL FRIENDS AND MY HUBBY AND I WERE NOT A COUPLE AT THE TIME. HE AND THE OTHER GUYS WERE BRAGGING HOW GUYS ARE BETTER DRIVERS AND WOMEN ARE TOO CHICKEN TO DRIVE FAST!!! WELL BEING A DARER I SAID LET ME PROVE YOU WRONG!!! HE SAID OK HERE'S THE KEYS PROVE IT! WELL, I DID!!! ME AND2 OF HIS FRIENDS RACED ON THIS EMPTY LOT THAT WE ALL HUNG OUT AT. WELL, WE STARTED OUT AND WE WERE MOVING FAST AS LIGHTING THEY TIMED ME AND CLOCKED ME AT 105 IN 2MINS FLAT!!! I GUESS YOU CAN TELL MY HUBBY STOPPED TALKING ABOUT WOMEN NOT BEING DARING!!! TO THIS DAY HE SAYS THE BEST RACE EVER WAS THE ONE WHERE I BEAT HIS BUDDIES AND MADE HIM WANT ME FOREVER. INCIDENTLY, I MADE MY HUBBY CHASE ME FOR 6 MORE YRS. BEFORE HE CAUGHT ME!!! FINE WINE AND MARRIAGE ARE BEST WHEN AGED.!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :giggle: ;)

Liebling:-))) said:
...I check with my supersivor about this today because he knows America speed law. He said that America law about speed limit on highway is very strict. Up to 90 mph only.
Most interstate highways here have a 70 mph limit. If you touch 80 mph or higher, you risk a ticket. I have never seen 90 mph allowed in the USA. Ten mph above posted speed limit is usually the maximum limit. In residential areas, like 25-40 mph, the speeds are more strictly enforced; about 4 mph over is "OK". When I drive on military bases (15-20 mph), they don't even accept 2 mph over the limit; very strict. Construction zones are very strict; if you speed there, the fines and points are doubled.

The time that I drove 120 mph in Florida, the speed limit was only 55 mph because of gas conservation. During the 1970s, all the USA speed limits were lowered to 55 mph.

130mph. And never again. I was driving a 67 camaro with modified 350 engine. When I hit the 130mph I hit a small bump and nearly lost control on my rear but regain control in a half of a sec. Speed and bumps do not mix.

I once drove over 120 MPH in my convertible. I don't know the exact speed since the speedometer wobbles after 120 MPH. :eek:

Crazymanw00t said:
Supercharger and doing 192 mph. It is very hard to believe it because Mustang is very heavy and 512 block plus loads it is extremely heavy for it to go over 190 mph. As I said you must have the NOS and good body kit to do like that. Remember all the Speedmeter is error when it goes after 120 mph. It can be error with 5 to 15 mph going after 120 mph. Maybe you were doing 182 and that is more correctly.

Oh now you said Jason rode that bike on 217 not by you, am I right? You said that bike is drag and if you go over 200 mph on the motorcycle and you would be flying in air or losing the balance from going toooooo fast. Maybe you were going 180ish and that is more correctly.

Drag racer use big block v8, and they are capable of going close to 300 mph. Can you elaborate on why it is impossible for mustang to go 200+ mph? I have personally seen some mustang going 200+ mph running on alcohol and with really wide transmission setting and lower gear ratio.

By the way, modified regular crotch rocket can go over 200+ mph easily.

Jtm said:
Drag racer use big block v8, and they are capable of going close to 300 mph. Can you elaborate on why it is impossible for mustang to go 200+ mph? I have personally seen some mustang going 200+ mph running on alcohol and with really wide transmission setting and lower gear ratio.

By the way, modified regular crotch rocket can go over 200+ mph easily.

The Drag Mustang had best aero body kit for the high pressure wind while they are going into high speed. The mustang must reduce the weights like removing all unnecessary body kits for example; rear chair remove and right front chair remove, etc. It must have a lot of Carbon fiber and Kevlar Fiber kits on the Mustang. It must replace whole the suspension system on the Mustang for the high speed or drag. It must have big brake kits to do like that. The mustang must have high fuel like over 120 octanes. Also it must runs with wet nitro with blower supercharger on the V8. The V8 must have low com pistons and high grade steel drive shaft do all like that. And much more to name it.

By the way, for your information no drag or any street car can go pass 250 mph. The highest speed that marked was Porsche 9ff, Mclaren F1, Mercedes Benz SSR (I think), went like 240ish MPH.

Many modifcation cars can go up to 210 MPH. Very few can go to 230 mph. Rarely car can go to 240ish mph range.

C.C.Sinned said:
Bikes -
Clocked by local police at 217 mph on Custom Built Suzuki Drag Bike. :twisted:
108 mph HD Shovelhead Chopper
97 mph HD Ironhead Chopper

Cars -
1969 Dodge Coronet blown 440 :dunno: the speedo broke when I buried the needle during the race...
1971 Dodge Dart blown 440 158mph
1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph
1977 Chevy Camaro blown 454 147 mph

Excessive Speed Is My Obsessive Need... :thumb:

This entire matter was settled with a simple PM. A little missunderstanding. Notice the wording Custom Built Suzuki Drag Bike. and 1980 Ford Mustang blown 514 from FMS 192 mph. These vehicles were built to RACE. Click & notice the build specs of a 514 Notice the 625 HP right out of the box. The owner of the Drag Bike was arrested. Lost his bike when it was impounded. Lost his licsense for 6 mo. Then tried to sue me to get the money for the bike. He didn't talk to me for like 7 to 8 years...
I was naughty & drove racers on the street. Shame on me. Please have some woman spank my naughty butt...
:naughty:
Now lets move on please...

Crazymanw00t said:
The Drag Mustang had best aero body kit for the high pressure wind while they are going into high speed. The mustang must reduce the weights like removing all unnecessary body kits for example; rear chair remove and right front chair remove, etc. It must have a lot of Carbon fiber and Kevlar Fiber kits on the Mustang. It must replace whole the suspension system on the Mustang for the high speed or drag. It must have big brake kits to do like that. The mustang must have high fuel like over 120 octanes. Also it must runs with wet nitro with blower supercharger on the V8. The V8 must have low com pistons and high grade steel drive shaft do all like that. And much more to name it.

By the way, for your information no drag or any street car can go pass 250 mph. The highest speed that marked was Porsche 9ff, Mclaren F1, Mercedes Benz SSR (I think), went like 240ish MPH.

Many modifcation cars can go up to 210 MPH. Very few can go to 230 mph. Rarely car can go to 240ish mph range.

So youre saying many modifcation cars can go up to 210 mph? Then why did you raise the bullshit flag, then telling him that mustang cant go up to 192 mph without nos? Now youre saying it need a blower? :roll:

I agree with you about some important factors of drag car
I will try to list em all
-right Cam and lifters setting
-Power adders and right head (turbocharger/supercharger)
-Rear end gear ratio
-Transmission setting
-stroke, bore, compression ratio (which will affect the octane of fuel)
-injection system and computer setting
-beefier clutch/torque convertor to maximize the power transfer
-Weight (not necessarily on body, but elimination weight of interior and mechanical device is more important especially glass windows)
-Suspension/frame

no drag can go pass 250 mph? sorry to brust your bubble, then how can john force break the fastest pass at 324.20 mph with his funny car?

:popcorn:
Smilie-trinkt-PEPSI.gif
:popcorn:
boxer.gif

Jtm said:
So youre saying many modifcation cars can go up to 210 mph? Then why did you raise the bullshit flag, then telling him that mustang cant go up to 192 mph without nos? Now youre saying it need a blower? :roll:

I agree with you about some important factors of drag car
I will try to list em all
-right Cam and lifters setting
-Power adders and right head (turbocharger/supercharger)
-Rear end gear ratio
-Transmission setting
-stroke, bore, compression ratio (which will affect the octane of fuel)
-injection system and computer setting
-beefier clutch/torque convertor to maximize the power transfer
-Weight (not necessarily on body, but elimination weight of interior and mechanical device is more important especially glass windows)
-Suspension/frame

no drag can go pass 250 mph? sorry to brust your bubble, then how can john force break the fastest pass at 324.20 mph with his funny car?

Can you show me the 324.20 mph car with link? If it is true then I must be shit in my pant. I believe it is a rocket car with jet engine on it.

I am saying that Mustang going 192 then that is really hard to believe it. As I said it is because of weight with engine, body, and it is ford plus mustang. I know I had to say it is Ford and it is hard to believe that the Ford is going fast. Yeah Ford GT is a reasonable for 190ish.

Many mod cars can go up to 210 mph usally have NOS with it. Without NOS and it hardly get to 210ish mph.

The weight do big role while you are speeding at high speed, really. If you have good aero body and the high speed wind will pressure your car down to the ground from flying out of no where. If you car is tooo heavy and it is really hard for the car to go 200+ because of HP and Weight ratio.

Crazymanw00t said:
Can you show me the 324.20 mph car with link? If it is true then I must be shit in my pant. I believe it is a rocket car with jet engine on it.

I am saying that Mustang going 192 then that is really hard to believe it. As I said it is because of weight with engine, body, and it is ford plus mustang. I know I had to say it is Ford and it is hard to believe that the Ford is going fast. Yeah Ford GT is a reasonable for 190ish.

Many mod cars can go up to 210 mph usally have NOS with it. Without NOS and it hardly get to 210ish mph.

The weight do big role while you are speeding at high speed, really. If you have good aero body and the high speed wind will pressure your car down to the ground from flying out of no where. If you car is tooo heavy and it is really hard for the car to go 200+ because of HP and Weight ratio.

well, mr hardhead, yes he is right about 325mph funny car. i just googled it in few sec and got several links and i chose better one. here is...

http://www.nhra.com/2004/events/race08/reports/J_force.html

off topic: my state patrols use mustangs because they are designed as lightweight and better performance cars to catch up those fast cars such as corvettes or whatever u name it.

also my good friend, who works for ford company, showed off that his mustang GT went 200 mph with a secret illegal engine. so i do believe that anything is possible that can run 200 mph. :cool:

Hubby drove a friend's 1969 Plymouth GTX 440 4-spd at 144 mph at the 1/4 mile, in 1971.

Back