High Frequencies and Dizziness

charlotte,

it looks as if i might have to get a tactile terp then -- unless i can communicate beforehand with the radiologist.

If you were getting a CAT scan elsewhere you could possibly leave it in. But you are getting a CAT scan of the ear and the external processor just may get in the way of the x rays to see what is going on. My teeth filling really show up on the scan like bright lights.

hi everyone,

oh, no. now i'm worried. i just received an e-mail from my ci surgeon's receptionist. my ci surgeon wants me to have a ct scan. i wonder if that means something is wrong with my ci's? does this also mean i have to have my magnets temporarily removed for the ct scan? i hope someone can respond soon because my appointment will be in a few days.

Good luck with that. (hugs)

If you were getting a CAT scan elsewhere you could possibly leave it in. But you are getting a CAT scan of the ear and the external processor just may get in the way of the x rays to see what is going on. My teeth filling really show up on the scan like bright lights.

john,

i heard from my ci audi who told me i will have to remove both of my ci's. as a result, she is requesting a tactile terp for me.

john,

i heard from my ci audi who told me i will have to remove both of my ci's. as a result, she is requesting a tactile terp for me.

That should work for you and you will be fine. It will only be for a little while, and then you can put them back on again.

That should work for you and you will be fine. It will only be for a little while, and then you can put them back on again.

the only thing i won't like is hearing tinnitus when my ci's are off. i had such terrible tinnitus the other day when i saw my audi, but that could have been due to the high frequencies she was playing during my audiogram and subsequent sweeping of the electrodes.

hi everyone,

oh, no. now i'm worried. i just received an e-mail from my ci surgeon's receptionist. my ci surgeon wants me to have a ct scan. i wonder if that means something is wrong with my ci's? does this also mean i have to have my magnets temporarily removed for the ct scan? i hope someone can respond soon because my appointment will be in a few days.

I dont know if you have to take them out, but i hope it goes well for you and they can fix everything for you!

the only thing i won't like is hearing tinnitus when my ci's are off. i had such terrible tinnitus the other day when i saw my audi, but that could have been due to the high frequencies she was playing during my audiogram and subsequent sweeping of the electrodes.
I know what you mean. It can be nerve wracking and terrible. When mine kicks up, it almost hurts and/or makes me wince. But, it should only be for a short time, then you will have the processors back on and things will be better.

I know what you mean. It can be nerve wracking and terrible. When mine kicks up, it almost hurts and/or makes me wince. But, it should only be for a short time, then you will have the processors back on and things will be better.

i'll just be glad when my ci surgeon, ci audi and cochlear can explain why this happened to me. as my ci audi said, it's unusual that this would happen 4 years after implantation of my first ci and 2 years after my second. i'm very curious to know what is going on and why.

i'll just be glad when my ci surgeon, ci audi and cochlear can explain why this happened to me. as my ci audi said, it's unusual that this would happen 4 years after implantation of my first ci and 2 years after my second. i'm very curious to know what is going on and why.

It is a puzzler, that is for sure. But, hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and have answers for you.

It is a puzzler, that is for sure. But, hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and have answers for you.

i hope so too. there is one good thing about this. all of the dizziness i experienced actually resulted in the best maps i've had in 4 years. smile.

hi everyone,

i just realized something. while running the tap water in the bathroom, i noticed my ci's quiet down. it seems as though my audi has added adro to my programs. she said that all 4 of my programs are identical and have the same volume level. now i understand why i'm no longer bothered by every sound i hear. better yet, no dizziness. smile.

Good luck with your CT scan and I hope they managed to fixed the dizziness and that it doesnt return!!

Take Care!

Glad things are getting better! *smile*

thanks, typeingtornado. smile. i wish my ci audi would have told me she added adro to my map, but then again, there was nothing stopping me from asking her either. i guess the important thing is that i'm hearing very, very well.

On my nucleus freedom i did have adro and other programms but i only use 1 programme which is p1 so they got rid of them and iv currently got p1 which is my programme then p2 is my old programme then p3 is quiet.

On my nucleus freedom i did have adro and other programms but i only use 1 programme which is p1 so they got rid of them and iv currently got p1 which is my programme then p2 is my old programme then p3 is quiet.

deafteen,

what do you mean p3 is quiet?

it's funny. i never used to like adro in the past, but i do now.

after my audi turned my ci's on following the sweeping of electrodes, i could immediately tell her voice was softer, but i thought that was only due to the fact she turned down all of the frequencies several notches. i had no idea she added adro as well. that being said, i love what i hear, so no complaints. smile.

Back