High Frequencies and Dizziness

something else i noticed earlier is that the sound on my computer speakers doesn't sound right. it's distorted and doesn't sound as clear as it normally does. the same is true for the tv and radio.

I am having those problems at the moment so is off to audi in a min (it's 10 here) Will let you know how i got on.

C xx

I am having those problems at the moment so is off to audi in a min (it's 10 here) Will let you know how i got on.

C xx

yes, please let me know -- and i'd also appreciate knowing exactly what your audi did to solve the problem. good luck!

hi everyone,

i tried wearing my ci's for a little while, but they are still causing dizziness. *sigh* it looks as if i won't be wearing them until i can get in to see the audi -- hopefully sometime today.

Hi L,

Had Hearing test with ci, since my last map, I was experincing loudness so they tested me at my comfortable levels (which i was having problems with TV, voices sounding flat, distored etc) and the volume had been on 3 since i can't tolerate the loudness. It was 40/30 db across board The 40 db was the middle of audiogram. then they tested me at my discomfort levels (thank god for sound booth room!) i am 20db across with 30 at the middle... so the audi thought my comfort levels/threshold were bit close and the middle (around 1000/2000hz) part needs tweaking. The Audi also noticed that my voice were too quiet! no wonder people had problems understanding me!
I asked her if my speed were too fast? (i am @ 1200 or something?) She said maybe. so we went to my old map back in october (900hz) The speed is definely too soft/slow for me so we stuck with 1200. She put the comfort levels down more and thresholds bit higher and wider apart. But the settings were similar to my old 900 map.
I also had NRT test. The test proved almost accurate with my map and i am listening to TV now it does sound Clearer and i am now able to follow the voices with subtitles again.
She gave me 2 maps (one quiet and another normal) and another 2 with same as before but with auto senstivity.
I forgot to look at the computer or asked her if I still have the ADRO in.....Umm.. will ask on friday as had earmold done today and will need to pick them up on fri.

Whats is DR? I noticed mine is 42.

charlotte,

DR stands for dynamic range. Dynamic range is the difference between the softest sound you can hear and the loudest sound you can hear.

I'm off to go to an 8:00 am physical therapy appointment for my cts, but as soon as i return, i'll respond to your post because i have a few comments i'd like to make.

talk to you then!

hugs!

vivie,

i have year round allergies, but i don't know if that's the culprit. i tried taking an extra dose of my allergy med hoping that would help the sneezing and congestion, but it hasn't.

the good news though is now that i'm not wearing my ci's, i'm no longer dizzy.

I have year round allergic hay fever , ie , stuffed up nose , and sometimes sore / constricted throat..I take an spray decongastant for my nostrils , and Zyrtec in drops as this one is more drastic...

maybe some saline for the nose , like for babies , would help have your nose free? I use some seawater in a bottle....but that has to be taken daily! it's not a medicine , just a natural remedy..

get well soon!

vivie,

thanks for the suggestions! where can i purchase saline? can it be purchased at a drugstore?

vivie,

i forgot to ask you what kind of nasal spray do you take? is it over the counter or a prescription? i need to be careful what kind of decongestant i take because of my meds, but when i see my psychiatrist next week, i will be sure to ask him.

vivie,

thanks for the suggestions! where can i purchase saline? can it be purchased at a drugstore?

hey just saw ur reply...

yeah..request it there , it will be over-the-counter

as for my nasal spray it is named Dexa-Rhinaspray N and my other is Nasonex (I rotate them), both are prescribable , and the Zyrtec is oral medicine..u have to ask ur doctor when u see him...

after that attack I had on christmas I took double the dose of Zyrtec I usually got as I was pretty scared..

Since then I've been more matey with my nasal spray though , not by choice though..my nose is so bad that I need to go to the doc again..I just haven't scheduled it as he's at my hometown , which is an 4-5 bus ride away...and right now my hometown's roads are closed in protest for closing down a particular factory..so...can't go yet..

Hope u can find a solution...

vivie,

right now i take 180mg of fexofenadine (allegra generic) and will have to ask my doctor if i can take a higher dosage prn (as needed) whenever i have these sneezing fits. i'm still sneezing, but i have no idea if it's due to my allergies or not.

hi everyone,

i just received an e-mail from my audi's receptionist. right now i have a tentative appointment for wednesday, but that may change because my surgeon may want to see me and my audi can only squeeze me into her schedule for 30 minutes.

i'll let all of you know what i find out as soon as i hear back.

Hear Again,

Saw you mentioned you take an Alegra type med. I have noticed that on the rare occasion when I take sudafed to soon after the 1st dose, I have caused dizzyness. I figure it has something to do with the drainage and the med.

Since you have been wearing the CI's for so long I would think you would have had this before now. I wonder if the stimulation is jumping to the balance nerves due to some other cause. To much fluid, med, salt, sinus, drainage, something and the combination now is contributing to the dizzyness you are feeling.

I really wonder if the volume is turned down, it that will play a part to reduce your symptoms.

I know for me tonight, between being in a car with singing children for about 30 minutes then going to a very loud restraunt (they had to have their music blasting), I had to much stimulation and had to turn down the volume before I wanted to scream. I really don't understand why restraunts think they have to keep their patrions happy, they have to have a killer stereo system and use every available watt.

Please keep us posted as to your progress.

I still have to keep in mind what life would be like if I did not have my CI's both family and work. I know work has forgotten that I have a hearing problem. Family remembers every night when I take off the processor or when the battery dies while we are out.

Steve

Hi Hear again,
How are you feeling today?
I'm sorry about the clash of apointments. So you will have to choose which problem is most important for you to solve. I wish you luck on that. Only you can decide on that. Do what you think is best. I hope you can get used to the quiet until your Audi sorts your CI out.

(hugs)

Hi Hear again,
How are you feeling today?
I'm sorry about the clash of apointments. So you will have to choose which problem is most important for you to solve. I wish you luck on that. Only you can decide on that. Do what you think is best. I hope you can get used to the quiet until your Audi sorts your CI out.

(hugs)

hi dreama,

thanks! i haven't worn my ci's all day today and i'm feeling much better. no dizziness whatsoever.

i'm also getting used to the silence, so i think i should be fine being able to make it until wednesday without any hearing.

i don't know yet whether or not my ci surgeon will be seeing me at my audi appointment. if not, i plan to see my gp to see if she can give me a tympanogram to see if i have any fluid in my ears. my nose has been congested over the past 2 days with severe sneezing fits and that's when my dizziness started.

Hear Again,

Saw you mentioned you take an Alegra type med. I have noticed that on the rare occasion when I take sudafed to soon after the 1st dose, I have caused dizzyness. I figure it has something to do with the drainage and the med.

Since you have been wearing the CI's for so long I would think you would have had this before now. I wonder if the stimulation is jumping to the balance nerves due to some other cause. To much fluid, med, salt, sinus, drainage, something and the combination now is contributing to the dizzyness you are feeling.

I really wonder if the volume is turned down, it that will play a part to reduce your symptoms.

I know for me tonight, between being in a car with singing children for about 30 minutes then going to a very loud restraunt (they had to have their music blasting), I had to much stimulation and had to turn down the volume before I wanted to scream. I really don't understand why restraunts think they have to keep their patrions happy, they have to have a killer stereo system and use every available watt.

Please keep us posted as to your progress.

I still have to keep in mind what life would be like if I did not have my CI's both family and work. I know work has forgotten that I have a hearing problem. Family remembers every night when I take off the processor or when the battery dies while we are out.

Steve

steve,

i don't know whether or not to blame this on allegra or not. my congestion and sneezing started 2 days ago which was also concurrent with my dizziness. hmmm.

i'm curious to know more about the stimulation jumping to other balance nerves. can you explain how that's possible? i'm not doubting you -- i just want to make sure i understand because i don't know the technicalities of how ci's work. you seem to be the ad resident expert on that. <big smile>

Hi Hear again,
I'm glad that removing the CI has solved the dizziness problem and that you are getting used to the quiet. I wish you the best of luck at your apointment.

(hugs)

Hi Hear again,
I'm glad that removing the CI has solved the dizziness problem and that you are getting used to the quiet. I wish you the best of luck at your apointment.

(hugs)

thanks, dreama! <hugs back>

i'll be sure to give everyone here an update under this thread on wednesday.

i'll be sure to give everyone here an update under this thread on wednesday.

Please do. We worry about you when you aren't feeling right. Hopefully by then you will have had a chance to see your surgeon as well to round off the input on what is going on.

I wonder did u sleep every night if not, then how many day u didn't sleep?

Back