Help me.. *How can I block one site*

webexplorer said:
I just give you an idea. Unplug your old computer's keyboard, and hide it somewhere or put it in the drawer and lock it - if you are busy around the house or goes to bed...

Just make sure that your new computer's keyboard does not fix to your other old computer... If they are matched, so you will have unplug both keyboards...

I didn't think you can do that, But, that's a great idea! :thumb: So that the kids don't sneak out in the middle of the night and use the computer. :mrgreen:

Holy fack, Terri!! The situation has gotten worse for you, I just didn't realise your kids crept to the computer to play Habbo. You see you mentioned Habbo and I said "Oh f*ck!" because my niece and nephews love to play Habbo too. Everytime they come over to visit Gramma & Papa.. my Mom is smart. She hides the computer mouse so no one fights over the computer or stays on line too long. My Mom knows that computer games are too addictive because she remembers how my sisters and I were so addicted to Atari games. When my sisters and I went to bed, my Mom would hide the Atari games to force us to go outside to play because we would be inside all the time and go to bed so late. Now I understand your situation, Terri. You have to hide the computer mouse and keyboards when you go to bed. That's the perfect way to "surprise" and "shock" your children that Mommy (you) knows how to trick them at their game.

GalaxyAngel said:
AD'ers everyone..

Okay, I understand. It´s your decision what you think you doing right. All what I hope that everything will go okay for you and your famliy.

I do not want pay my children $2.00 dollars per an hour at library.. I do not want that..

Sorry I didnt say clear in my previous post about library or internet cafe, my son´s mobile phone etc. Of couse I would not pay €2 per hour for my children to go library or internet cafe. They should pay themselves with their pocket money (allowance). This is their lesson, they should learn.

It´s the same thing with my son´s limit card replacement for mobile phone... No I did not pay to replace limit card for him because he made a mistake. He paid to re-new limit card himself with his pocket money. This lesson, he learn to careful how to budge with his pocket money. He never use anything from children TV ever again. He pay limit card for mobile phone himself and use it every 5 to 6 week...

My little son stood up and asked, can you take my christmas away 100 bucks off.. because my fault and didn't listen you.. MOM! I gave him hug.. Yes thank you I like that.. you showned me what you did wrong thing.. He willing have 50 bucks that is it..

What you did is super. Your son is cute... :thumb:

GalaxyAngel said:
Wait minutes.. DeafDream mentioned,

While I was working mopping on the kitchen floor...*dooming brainstorm my head coverstation w/me* ((popped my head up)) wait minutes DD's status.. I came back and re-read her status.. so I decided looked into my phone bill..
Look the time.. WHOA!
Not my fault.. IT'S CHILDREN SNEAK INTO MY OLD COMPUTER DURING AFTER MIDNIGHT... My god.. I was so MAD... Children were smart ass and sneak use it.. while I was sleeping.. My hubby gone work midnight shift from 11pm to 745am.

Mostly 12 midnight to 3am.. My two boys are using my old computer while I was sleeping... How's naughty they are sneaking into.. I always goes bed at 1130pm.. during sunday to thursday. I can see phone bill mostly high volume phone calls by weekly.. Rarely Weekend 2am to 4am.. Damn my two boys are smart!

Now I know it's solved the problem.. they are using my old computer during after 12 midnight.. I gonna stay up late until 1am.. Making sure my children 110% sleep sound!
then I go bed.. *sigh* I hate stay up late during weekly and weekend.. *mumbling*

Umm... NOT YOUR FAULT??? well.. I will say yes.. its parent's fault.....
whatever parents have kids.. kids did something wrong.. parents have to take the faults but always can FIX by displince them.. --period..

DoofusMama said:
Umm... NOT YOUR FAULT??? well.. I will say yes.. its parent's fault.....
whatever parents have kids.. kids did something wrong.. parents have to take the faults but always can FIX by displince them.. --period..

My guess that she cant hear while she is sleeping at midnight night time that her sons was sneak quiet and play on her old computer .. that is why she cant hear and her husband gone for work that is how her sons sneak without let parents knowing till she found out and got into upset and mad.

whoever the kids are hearing have parents are deaf that can be give hard time or not fair that deaf parents cant hear while kids making noise or sneaking in anyhow ..

If I am correct or wrong .. I just my guess like opioin (spelling) sorry my bad spelling :)

I'm sorry to hear what your children did while they were on the computer....I hope your children learn next time to be careful when they're playing games on line....

Cheri's wrote: Oh, now I got it. Your boys woke up and sneak out of their bedroom while you were sleeping and get on the computer and ordering some stuff? That's bad enough. I can see that isn't your fault. My question to you, Terri, Before all this had happened. Have you ever went over ground rules (safely tips) with your children about being online? What to expect while they are online? Are they aware that they are not allow to order anything on line or give out telephone number? (I'm not talking about right now I am talking about before all this had happened before you got the phone bill.)

Yes, They did sneak into the living room and using my old computer after midnight. They knew I'm going bed at 1130pm.. I made my decision and has to stay up late til after midnight.. I don't care as long I want see my children 110% sleep! Yes I gave my children of my ground rules.. but turns it out uglier.. I'm realise that my children are smarter than I do.. *grrrr* How my children are mind alike techoglies as condiser IQ thingy future than My mind is modern! I've learn my own lesson and decide to sumth'n prevent my children are smarten up.. Habbo has phone number on it and order placed... then my phone rang display "Private", and asked my kid who is the phone? My kid kept say oh my friend is phone.. I said oh okay.. I wasn't realise that Habbo company called here.. Very hard which call display "Private" may be BRS or HABBO or Long distance don't know which one... That major problem... I've already made contacted Bell Company and addy blacklist "900-677-4111" Display will not show "900-677-4777" I has to pay for addy blacklist permantly monthly payments.. I don't care as long I want PREVENT Habbo call here... Fuk'em!

AD'ers...

Ahhh Brilliant idea..I'll do that remove the mouse from my old computer...
My hubby already fixed the solved problem about manager user id and pwd front of screen... I have to responbile do turn my old computer "shut down"before I goes bedtime.. If my kid sneak and turn my old computer on.. will not able access because require pwd.. 'bout the time solved the problem extra more security.. When I get powerful security for parental control... and will planted and hide icon.. Not let my kids sees this..

Solved! *cross finger*

Patty, Now understand! Issues my children are smart and sneaking during late hours, while I'm sleeping.. *Oh boyee*

**Popped my head up** Oh yes excellent Why thank you my head telling me.. why not buy tiny lock and put through plug hole.. and lock it.. My kids will not able plug into the plug wall... *wricked evil laughing* WHY NOT! I want copy my good friend has the problem about her older daughter loves sneak their computer and fooling around listening the music and caught virus.. That how they decide buy mini lock thru plug hole... will not able plug wall.. get in it.. I never thought of it.. ((petting my head thank you pop up my mind))

GalaxyAngel said:
Yes, They did sneak into the living room and using my old computer after midnight. They knew I'm going bed at 1130pm.. I made my decision and has to stay up late til after midnight.. I don't care as long I want see my children 110% sleep

GalaxyAngel,

You don't need to wait up at nights and wait until your children are full asleep, You need sleep yourself too, Just do what webexplorer suggested about unplugging the keyboard and take it with you in the bedroom, nor change password so that the kids don't get on line, Make sure you sign off before going to bed so that way they won't use your computer.;) There are other ways instead of staying up late and stressing yourself out.

I'm glad you are planning on getting a different parental control for the computer. I hope next time that would help better, not like the one you used to have. :thumb:

I found a Firefox extension here that blocks fraud and phishing websites. It says it lets you report sites, so I guess the one site you hate could be blocked by them.

DeafMonkey said:
My guess that she cant hear while she is sleeping at midnight night time that her sons was sneak quiet and play on her old computer .. that is why she cant hear and her husband gone for work that is how her sons sneak without let parents knowing till she found out and got into upset and mad.

whoever the kids are hearing have parents are deaf that can be give hard time or not fair that deaf parents cant hear while kids making noise or sneaking in anyhow ..

If I am correct or wrong .. I just my guess like opioin (spelling) sorry my bad spelling :)

have thought about setting up parental control.. before having kids get on computer.. I already set up right way when the kids start to using the computer... even though you think or thought you trusted.. you cant trusted the kids... they do sneak and lie... thats normal for being kids but..

faults.. should have do someting with computer before let the kids get on.. parental control.. computer was on while you sleeping.. set it up shutdown screen saver.. also boys should know better about the ground rules.. bedtime is bed time... I feel bad... for you GalaxyAngel but now you are fixing the problems.. hope not any more of troubles.. plus check virus too..
ugh...

GL! :D

RedFox said:
I found a Firefox extension here that blocks fraud and phishing websites. It says it lets you report sites, so I guess the one site you hate could be blocked by them.

according to FF user, it is not working with only 1.7 version FF. just be cautious. ;)

Yes, I'm agree with some of you that to pull the keyboard plug and take it with you and hide keyboard whatever you know then you have a good peace and sleep without worry too much and stressing.

I hope everything will work out for you and your family. :hug: I feel bad after read your post... :( I hope you fix your limit FIRM with your children then they will learn ...

Oh my! I cant believe what your children did. You need to punish them by taking their privileges away from them such as they cant play games on ps2 or gamecube. So they will get bored and they will realize what they did was wrong. Make them to help you and your husband out such as cleaning the house, washing the dishes, washing the clothes, etc like we did old times. FYI, I like old times better than present because we as children liked to play outside and ride the bikes and help our families out. Now it is alot different. Kids liike to take control over their parents such as they want ps2 (it costs 200 dollars) and games for 50 dollars. They intend to sit in front of tv and play ps2 allday. They must have tv in their bedrooms. Where are the morals?

DoofusMama said:
have thought about setting up parental control.. before having kids get on computer.. I already set up right way when the kids start to using the computer... even though you think or thought you trusted.. you cant trusted the kids... they do sneak and lie... thats normal for being kids but..

faults.. should have do someting with computer before let the kids get on.. parental control.. computer was on while you sleeping.. set it up shutdown screen saver.. also boys should know better about the ground rules.. bedtime is bed time... I feel bad... for you GalaxyAngel but now you are fixing the problems.. hope not any more of troubles.. plus check virus too..
ugh...

GL! :D

Doofus,

I have nanny net (Parental control)... but it's totally weak.. Children can access into almost EVERYTHING.. so kinds stupid cheap and weak "Nanny Net" Is that part my fault? Stupid business making you buying Nanny net... Thanks to company!
Screw'em.. I still hunting powerful security parental control..

Update:

Yesterday:
My little son did cleaning his chores "vacumming the living room, his bedroom and my bedroom" and sweep the kitchen floor. Picking up the pieces throw into the garbage and put backyard where garbage spot.

* I gave my little son big hug * I told him, you did great job.. He asked me, can I bring his friend.. I told him yes.. you may..

He will help me dishes today after school.. I refused wash dishes.. reason prefer wait til after school.. He has do his chores and help Mommy!
:)
He did accept his mistake action.. He goal earn his money allowance and to pay me..
I appluad him!

GalaxyAngel said:
Update:

Yesterday:
My little son did cleaning his chores "vacumming the living room, his bedroom and my bedroom" and sweep the kitchen floor. Picking up the pieces throw into the garbage and put backyard where garbage spot.

* I gave my little son big hug * I told him, you did great job.. He asked me, can I bring his friend.. I told him yes.. you may..

He will help me dishes today after school.. I refused wash dishes.. reason prefer wait til after school.. He has do his chores and help Mommy!
He did accept his mistake action.. He goal earn his money allowance and to pay me..
I appluad him!

Oh goodie, that your little son helped you doing on your house chores that he make a mistake for what he did on habbo games.. what about your other son? did he same with your little son to help you?

GalaxyAngel said:
Update:

Yesterday:

I appluad him!

I :applause: with you for your little son... It´s great to know that your little son learn his own mistakes. Give your little son :hug: for me.

Liebling:-))) said:
I :applause: with you for your little son... It´s great to know that your little son learn his own mistakes. Give your little son :hug: for me.

Sure, I'll be very happy doing for you... Hugs for my little son.. when he gets home afterschool.. :D
I'll let him know.. :D

DeafMonkey,

My Older son still struggle his head which his choice.. Have not made his decision yet.. (waiting)
He knew what mother's choice made 4 things: Removed 150 bux or 50 bux off or 100 bux off plus extra more chores heavy... Or.. No telephone and TV for 2 weeks. Be Tough.. He is teenager!

Back