Help me.. *How can I block one site*

deafclimber said:
pcmag said that panda platinum internet security's parent control is fair, not great.

Then which one is # 1 ? I use Panda now I had so much problems with Norton's though.

Heath said:

Then which one is # 1 ? I use Panda now I had so much problems with Norton's though.

truthfully, i dont have any internet security software except xp's own internet security(sp2). it works just fine. i dont even get a single popup window or spywares attacking. my pcs run pretty well like oily machine. however GA's other PC has window 2000 o/s and it doesnt have its own security feature. if you have XP, then you can set up Parent control in there and you wud have peace in your mind.

i had researching on parent control softwares since GA's posting. ppl online said cybersitter 9.0 is the better ones for the parents and their kids.

[edit: adding site]

deafclimber said:
truthfully, i dont have any internet security software except xp's own internet security(sp2). it works just fine. i dont even get a single popup window or spywares attacking. my pcs run pretty well like oily machine. however GA's other PC has window 2000 o/s and it doesnt have its own security feature. if you have XP, then you can set up Parent control in there and you wud have peace in your mind.

i had researching on parent control softwares since GA's posting. ppl online said cybersitter 9.0 is the better ones for the parents and their kids.

[edit: adding site]

Yep, my IE with SP2 is still good. No Pop-ups! No problem at all. my computer only comes with Cox Internet Security. Save my $$$$$$$$$. Deaf installer for CSD told me that I dont need any addition antivirus/privacy since I only use Cox Internet Security plus IE with SP2.

Please do not accept my recommands. Just leave your security softwares on or you will have bad problems with your computer later.

I don't need Firefox, Netcape, and other browers...

mld4ds said:
Yep, my IE with SP2 is still good. No Pop-ups! No problem at all. my computer only comes with Cox Internet Security. Save my $$$$$$$$$. Deaf installer for CSD told me that I dont need any addition antivirus/privacy since I only use Cox Internet Security plus IE with SP2.

Please do not accept my recommands. Just leave your security softwares on or you will have bad problems with your computer later.

I don't need Firefox, Netcape, and other browers...

heh. i dont have antivirus softwares on my pcs either.

Hey DeafClimber,

Wanna some my flu virus emailing you... your computer will flu! LOL
Kidding!

My old computer is win2000 (for children user only) IE blacklist Habbo done! Firefox isn't working.. I have to put firefox hide. (Need Parental control strong ones, and still working researching) I have to formatting my old computer because too many ILL, INI and start up totally mess it up.. I believe hacker already got into loophole my old puter. I don't care as long I can formatting anyway and start over again fresh memory puter!

My new computer is winxp.. Perfectally fine so far.. Not allowed children using.. Already set pwd security. I love it!

GalaxyAngel said:
Hey DeafClimber,

Wanna some my flu virus emailing you... your computer will flu! LOL
Kidding!

i dont need email account on my PCs like outlook to open the emails... just open the email accounts online. so :)

My old computer is win2000 (for children user only) IE blacklist Habbo done! Firefox isn't working.. I have to put firefox hide. (Need Parental control strong ones, and still working researching) I have to formatting my old computer because too many ILL, INI and start up totally mess it up.. I believe hacker already got into loophole my old puter. I don't care as long I can formatting anyway and start over again fresh memory puter!

My new computer is winxp.. Perfectally fine so far.. Not allowed children using.. Already set pwd security. I love it!

out of my curiousity, do you have xp cd ? if your old pc has 700mhz and up and 256mb RAM, then u can format your old pc's HDD and load it into that and u can set up the control in XP's security program(sp2) like habbo websites can be blocked.

just give you some thoughts.

deafclimber said:
i dont need email account on my PCs like outlook to open the emails... just open the email accounts online. so :)

out of my curiousity, do you have xp cd ? if your old pc has 700mhz and up and 256mb RAM, then u can format your old pc's HDD and load it into that and u can set up the control in XP's security program(sp2) like habbo websites can be blocked.

just give you some thoughts.

DeafClimber,

*scoff* my old computer is snail alike 450 mhz.. Have not upgrade new hardware mobo yet.. win2000~ :cold:

For my children use my new computer not allowed! :D

GalaxyAngel said:
Yes, Will DSL ultra goes down to basic dsl.. Too bad for my children.. Slower speed.. cheaper for us.. We doesn't mind at all.. *smile*

Wishes me good luck an interview job fair on Dec 7th tag along w/employment supervisor want watch behind my back reason to make sure some Employer who will interview.. If hear says I can't hire you because Deaf.. My Employment supervisor will confront to employer any companies at job fair.. *crossing finger*

Doofus,

What is EBD ? Can you explain me pretty please.. I'd love to learn what yours. *smile*~:)

yeah I suffer with DSL but better than NOTHING!! as long it runs.. lol

thanks Liebling:))) for explain that.. EBD.. Emotion Behaviour Disorder.. Yeah My son have it since he was 3 that what sources said.. the sources said that it caused him by trauma.. (he witnessed his own dad stabbed me and beat the shyt out of me for 5 long hours plus thought i was dead because i didnt wake up for 38 hours..)... thats trauma.. he went through.. the other kids were in closet hiding, heard all that noises and screaming.. but didnt witness by own eyes.. but my son Mack did.. yeah it was alot of work and patiences to raise him.. but he is 11 years old.. improved alot by new school programs that have EBD supporters.. He understands or detect himself if something will tick him off.. like anxiety lead to panic or outbrust.. before he was outbrust, had hard time to calm him.. but now once he had outbrust, not hard time to calm him.. no more physical hitting me since 2 years..

anyway .. sorry off point.. grounded with Mack.. its hard.. he freaked out whatever hes grounded.. but i had to talk /explain him why hes grounded... over again till he accept the consquences.. but most of times he dont accept.. I have to walk away like timeout.... because the more i am on to him, he gets really frustrate or outbrust.. I understand that you have ADD and ADHD boys.. its hard.. to find a better grounded...

:D

oh boy... ok.. u can find cheaper mobo and processor at newegg.com, but i am not sure if newegg.com accepts canada dollars. :)

I am sorry to hear about the EBD. I never thought of that kind of situation.

For DSL, it is still good. You will be very satisified with this service. I have one at my father's house, and it runs really good. You can find out the compare the speed between cable and DSL - at http://speakeasy.net/speedtest

DoofusMama said:
yeah I suffer with DSL but better than NOTHING!! as long it runs.. lol

thanks Liebling:))) for explain that.. EBD.. Emotion Behaviour Disorder.. Yeah My son have it since he was 3 that what sources said.. the sources said that it caused him by trauma.. (he witnessed his own dad stabbed me and beat the shyt out of me for 5 long hours plus thought i was dead because i didnt wake up for 38 hours..)... thats trauma.. he went through.. the other kids were in closet hiding, heard all that noises and screaming.. but didnt witness by own eyes.. but my son Mack did.. yeah it was alot of work and patiences to raise him.. but he is 11 years old.. improved alot by new school programs that have EBD supporters.. He understands or detect himself if something will tick him off.. like anxiety lead to panic or outbrust.. before he was outbrust, had hard time to calm him.. but now once he had outbrust, not hard time to calm him.. no more physical hitting me since 2 years..

anyway .. sorry off point.. grounded with Mack.. its hard.. he freaked out whatever hes grounded.. but i had to talk /explain him why hes grounded... over again till he accept the consquences.. but most of times he dont accept.. I have to walk away like timeout.... because the more i am on to him, he gets really frustrate or outbrust.. I understand that you have ADD and ADHD boys.. its hard.. to find a better grounded...

Doofus,
No worries.. I do certinally understand you as well.. Thank you for your explaination situation your seriouis issues.. You're great mom as same me too..
*smile*
Merry Christmas!

deafclimber said:
oh boy... ok.. u can find cheaper mobo and processor at newegg.com, but i am not sure if newegg.com accepts canada dollars. :)

hmm newegg.com ?? never heard of it .. I already look up and never see it before :lol:

DoofusMama said:

Oh dear, I´m very sorry what/how you had been through - I can understand how your son got it... :( and :hug: I know you are a wonderful mom and tried to help your children with counsellor, etc. Look at my sister... Oh dear... She neglect and abuse my nephew a lot and doesnt bother to seek the counsellor help. I didnt know how she exposed my nephew into EBD like this... I know it´s very hard to ground children with ADD, ADHD and EBD... It got us good nerve and patience...

Sorry off topic... :o

DeafMonkey said:
hmm newegg.com ?? never heard of it .. I already look up and never see it before :lol:

Newegg is :dj:

My friends order from it all the time and their service and prices are good. The friends are also mad at me for not getting my new computer there. :mrgreen:

thuD said:
Stupid, here's a simple answer, use IE and do not use firefox!

=]

Here, it says that there's a flaw in IE that can let crackers see you stuff like emails.

According to Gillon, the hack works because IE does not properly parse cascading style sheet (CSS) files, a Web design language used by thousands of Internet sites.

The exploit demonstrated on Gillon's site works on a fully patched IE browser with default security and privacy settings. Gillon said other browsers, such as Firefox, are sufficiently locked down that the hack doesn't work on them.

You could stop this by disabling Active Scripting, but because of there being other security holes and the danger of this one, they recommanded considering other browsers like Firefox or Opera.

DeafMonkey said:
newegg rocks!

I order it many times and no problem so far.

thank Terri, I will have to watch my girls in near future never knows they or one of them sneak to do like that. I think better nothing ISP, DSL so girls couldnt use computer to order online since i havent ordered online so far :dunno: i used DSL for VP(never used chatting on VP :o ) and searching online i guess i will discontinue DSL soon :)

terri, try to talk with ur bank account maybe they can waive, i got happened someone used my credit card nbr i didnt order online so i got amount of 700 back just filled out form for investing but they didnt i think i havent heard from them what is going on or who did, where e.t.c.

Back