Help me.. *How can I block one site*

I would suggest not go to library either because they can still charge using their own home phone number on any cmputer. One way you can do is block the phone number through phone company that way they cant do it anywhere else. Suggest you find better internet service that strong parent prevent program.

GalaxyAngel said:
Cheri, I have parent control which frigg'n WEAK.. I felt wasted my $
and still contuine seeking powerful security not allow use 1 kind of site..
My old computer has only 1 pwd cuz using win2000.

I'm glad I have brand new winxp has User/Admin... My kids cannot access my brand new computer..

what is a name of ur parent control program ? maybe we can help ya...

Shiva said:
I would suggest not go to library either because they can still charge using their own home phone number on any cmputer. One way you can do is block the phone number through phone company that way they cant do it anywhere else. Suggest you find better internet service that strong parent prevent program.

:confused: but I didnt know about your country. As far as I know here in Germany.

Library or internet shops charge you €2.-- per 30 minutes or one hour (I'm not sure which one). They have special to block something in their computer... If you want something more then extra charge than €2.-- but Library or internet shops have restricted for the children - they are not allow to give them anything what they wants unless they get parental's permission first.

That is one way you could use! Didn't think of this at the moment when I was thinking of solution. Yes, you can even set router to open the internet gateway at specific hours, that way you could monitor while your awake. Very important here, do NOT show kids where the router is! Because it is easy to reset and erase the setting and password (Just a paperclip will do the trick). Of course some router can configure to prohibit sites, only problem is that it has limitation on how many entries you can put in.

Deathpit said:
GalaxyAngel, do you have firewall built-in router? I do have D-Link Dl-624 with Parental Control with URL blocking option inside it. If not, just give yourself thoughts about firewalled router without dump big dollars on security softwares.

Or creating user account for child and set it to limited access and have all broswers removed. Admin need hard password protection so your children wont access or change the settings.

Sorry to heard about what's happens.....

P.S. - if you like to give children the copy of bill, why not have bag of coals come in with it?

(This is Chris)

After all, I read this thread... give us deep thoughts on how can we supervise our kids. Forgive me if I sound so harsh, at first, what I see from here is your kids do outsmart you by provide the billing information in your telephone service. I click that links, hmm I never seen that game but my sweetheart Patty gave me an example of this game of course! It is like Sim City but more in pixel graphic. I read some of Bullymom's posts hmm I would say Bullymom is partially at fault, why? I know it sound so harsh to say that but that is how I felt, okay here goes, I ask myself why did I say Bullymom is partially at fault, because she spent too much time on Internet which caused the kids look up and think it is all right for them to do more time on Internet where they can browse into the unfamiliar websites and games that could consider as addiction. What I suggest you is to… cancel the Internet service until you or the kids pay off the billing that left you shocking. I know it is sacrifice for you, Bullymom, to give up the communication with other friends on Internet but you can check the emails at library or anywhere that offer the Internet service to keep up the contacts. Of course the kids can go to library to browse the Internet but… let’s hope the library does have powerful parental control or Content Filtering (click this link to view the lists of content filtering you can check out). After you consider to bring back the internet connection then set up the strict rules for your children to make them recognize that they will have no ability to browse in any websites that aren’t appropriate for the kids. I know one software, quite powerful software, can be consider as spy software, Spector Pro that allow you to check what they typing, sending and receiving the emails, who did your kids talk to, and everything that will leave your kids no privacy!.

Bullymom, punish your kids, means no Christmas presents for them, unfortunately yeah it is punishment, but… important is to spend the family together to work out on the solutions that will bring more understanding, respect, and solving the problem on wonderful holiday season, of course your family members will bring presents to your children.

Of course, the websites seek the way to convince any ages, to make a choice of payment. Whoever are the owners of the websites, I can see them as fishermen. Fishermen? Yes, you know they always find good baits to catch the fishes, of course! Fishes are the people like us.

If it happens to us, I would faint for sure! This thread gives me and Patty if we planned to be parents, we do consider this as lesson of parenting, and how can we trust our kids when they are going to be on Internet. I hope you and your kids work out together.

deafclimber said:
what is a name of ur parent control program ? maybe we can help ya...

She already mention it in previous page, She said she used Nanny net. :mrgreen:

Liebling, Norton doesn't help block websites. She needs parental control software. She can ask a computer store near her for the best brand. :ily:

Omg!! Not Sure How Old Ur Kids Are, But If They Are Old Enough 2 Do This To You Then They Are Old Enough For This........... Dear Kids, Merry Christmas. As You Can See This Envelope And Note Attached W/ The Bill Is Your Christmas Present!! May You Enjoy Hours And Hours Of Time Re Reading This Note And Phone Bill. It Does Nt Give Me Any Pleasure Giving This Wonderful Gift To You For Christmas, But I M Sure The Pleasure You Had Making This Bill Was Well Worth It To You!! This Is No Joke, This Is Your Christmas Present, There Are No Other Gifts, For The Greed Of Your Own Self Satisfaction Is Your Christmas Present This Year. Merry Christmas, Love Mom!! Ps. Dont Ask For A Damn Thing This Christmas Or Next Year, The Cost Of This Bill Is Your Present For This Christmas And Your Birthdays!!!.......................sounds Cruel? Well, What Your Children Did To You And Your Budget Was A Lot More Crueler. Stick To Your Guns And Give Them This And Only This For Christmas. I Bet, From Now On After This Christmas, Your Children Will Stop And Think And Re- Think Their Actions!! When They Are Adults They Will Look Back To The Christmas That They Got The $800.00 Dollar Phone Bill And Nothing Else For Christmas. To You Good Luck And Happy Holidays. To Your Kids, A Lesson Spent Is A Lesson Earned.

Cheri said:
She already mention it in previous page, She said she used Nanny net. :mrgreen:

Liebling, Norton doesn't help block websites. She needs parental control software. She can ask a computer store near her for the best brand. :ily:

Check this link what I have. - yes norton have parental control...
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/catalog_type_page/ProductCode/32028

It's very very very good program and helpful. I use it since last April 2005 with no problem...

yea norton internet security has parent control. my brother has it for his 3 kids' sakes ! it surely works.

Any of you guys -

Don't you think that it is a good idea for her to report the police so that they could seize that website?

(I believe that Canada police is very good system because I watched on the TV about it last spring.)

I would hate to have her to pay her bill that does not belong to her. We need to prevent this happen to anyone including us from now on.

webexplorer said:
Any of you guys -

Don't you think that it is a good idea for her to report the police so that they could seize that website?

I really don't know anything about report to the police. I think police can't do anything unless court order then....

(I believe that Canada police is very good system because I watched on the TV about it last spring.)

Perhaps Monster Cookie or other Canadians can answer to this what they knows because they are Canadian.

I would hate to have her to pay her bill that does not belong to her. We need to prevent this happen to anyone including us from now on.

Check my link in my previous post here what I had an experience for refuse to pay high bills... 2 years court battle etc. I would advise her to not pay until she get proof first.

It doesnt matter how much time Galaxyie spends on her computer, my goddaughter does get on the computer when her mom is at work and FYI, my friend does not spend as much time as one would suppose...her dad works 3rd shft and is often asleep. Even with the rules in place, my goddaughter does sneak on the computer and goes into websites where she knows perfectly well shes not supposed to go. Parental controls can be bypassed if you know how - and believe me, she does know how.

The only solution to this all is to have a logon password when the computer is booted up - and then parental supervision throughout the whole session with the kid. After all, you as the parent, IS the best parental control software your computer could have!!!

AD'ers everyone..

I understand your concern but isn't my fault.. I already totally blind because I have next desk right here two computers here.. Sepratally internet line DSL-old computer and cablemodem- new computer which it's best securtiy due pwd.. My children cannot access into my new computer.. Too bad!
Espically My old computer is for children only but realized that nanny net piece of cheap and weak! I'm very totally upsetting.. Nanny net isn't recoglized website or else kinds.. easy whoosh get into.. "Easily". I'm really not happy about this.

My children are totally smart ass because kept lying to me.. When Phone Rang..I asked who the phone..My children said.. oh this is my friend. (That lying teeth). as same extactly Tamara's stated. Extactly as same Tamara's boat now.. Yes I believe I'm part of join your club.. Ain't fun! *gee*

I cannot cut off the line which important for children need contact ther family thru msn only.. but interent requires for education reason their homework and school project.. I do not want pay my children $2.00 dollars per an hour at library.. I do not want that.. Only we have one income household.. I had been quite fusterate finding a job here.. Totally I've already pulled my hair out.. I do not want close internet anymore which I have good reason I need use computer for hunting a job by interent on line and emails contact w/school and Important things contact.. Of course otherwise I like chi-chat w/my friends on msn/aim/yahoo that is it.. I'm not crazy computer as for my ass sitting long hours! NO.. I had been logged off (switch user) to prevent children.. which it good thing because my children are not around during day time from 845am to 345pm. When Kids arrives home.. I'll be away from keyboard from 4pm to 9pm (sometimes) Checking emails anytime from 4pm to 9pm due my family contact w/me or need chat w/me and will tell them will chat w/you after 9pm ain't hurt! (switch user) my children will not able use my new computer.. PEROID.. Only old computer.. Needs powerful security parental control than cheap nanny net! I have to formatting my old computer and start over again EVERYTHING make sure spotless. I will dare *sitting* and staring my child using old computer.

I've already shown my children, Do am I happy about phone bill ? Look phone bill.. I can see my children's eyes were wide open and stunned turned into blushed.. Starting fighting each together bro/sister are totally rant/venting.
I waited for them done converstation.. I asked who did it ? All children were did it, but my daughter have not order only 2 twice that it. My older son and little son are very addictive ordering placed habbo furnished.. I gave them grounded for a week.. If you want use my old computer sorry you have to ask me persmission first.. then I will supservise them.. I don't care I want watch them what my two boys are doing it.. TOO BAD.. be tough!
My children were upsetting awful lot and accept it!
My little son stood up and asked, can you take my christmas away 100 bucks off.. because my fault and didn't listen you.. MOM! I gave him hug.. Yes thank you I like that.. you showned me what you did wrong thing.. He willing have 50 bucks that is it..
My older son have not made his decision about it.. I still waiting for his answer.. My daughter is okay (whew) I'm glad she didn't order awful lot.. only two.. *sigh*

I did checked habbo my children' log.. which my daughter tells me truth.. I'm gald.. I've checked my kid' log in habbo.. I can see lot order placed by two boys..

** I refused tell my children about parental control, because my children are smart computer whiz.** can enable or disable.. They are very smart enough!

Chris,
Chris wrote:I read some of Bullymom's posts hmm I would say Bullymom is partially at fault, why? I know it sound so harsh to say that but that is how I felt, okay here goes, I ask myself why did I say Bullymom is partially at fault, because she spent too much time on Internet which caused the kids look up and think it is all right for them to do more time on Internet where they can browse into the unfamiliar websites and games that could consider as addiction.

My understanding your comment stated totally big turns into huge punishment.. Yes I do agree w/you but not turn off internet anymore and use libraray.. I cannot afford pay my child use computer for 2 dollar an hour.. that expensive.. which my hometown is small.. That why.. so I'd rather have my children use my old computer anytime can do homework and project too.

I already gave my children restried(sp) limit hour.. 1 hour each a day.. No more hooked computer longer for no reason.. My children were agreed w/me.. I'm glad it's over.. so My children are working their chores work hard and shown us. Detectable their allowance cost every friday..
errr.. Can I say something.. Im not sitting long hours using computer, my children are looked me up.. Only I use 1-2 hour spend time for hunting a job and checking emails and message by internet on line.. Is that so called me "spent too much on computer?" My children knows about me "Mom is looking for a job" They sees me what am I doing.. working on resume print it out and checking up date new postings job..
I'm mother and heavy sheduled taking our children outgoing for sport activities and errands things do my house chores.. actually not much use my computer..
When My children goes their bedtime.. then I can use my computer during night time.. after 9pm.

Liebling wrote: Terri, did you show the bill to your children?
Yes I have.

**When I received brand new poweful security parental control and will set up my old computer that is it** All I want my children have to learn their lesson! No more sneaky!

Will you please understanding this situation.. We are accept w/this situation about phone bill and has to pay for it..
I've contacted w/Bell Company and will block 900's.. Glady I'm settled!

aww thats sweet of ur boy asked u taken his xmas 100 dollars out. Yeah, hopefully they learned their lesson, sorry it occured to you. Hopefully kids would listen ur rules. But remmy, we always love our kids even thou we have to punish them.

Wait minutes.. DeafDream mentioned,
It doesnt matter how much time Galaxyie spends on her computer, my goddaughter does get on the computer when her mom is at work and FYI, my friend does not spend as much time as one would suppose...her dad works 3rd shft and is often asleep. Even with the rules in place, my goddaughter does sneak on the computer and goes into websites where she knows perfectly well shes not supposed to go. Parental controls can be bypassed if you know how - and believe me, she does know how.

The only solution to this all is to have a logon password when the computer is booted up - and then parental supervision throughout the whole session with the kid. After all, you as the parent, IS the best parental control software your computer could have!!!

While I was working mopping on the kitchen floor...*dooming brainstorm my head coverstation w/me* ((popped my head up)) wait minutes DD's status.. I came back and re-read her status.. so I decided looked into my phone bill..
Look the time.. WHOA!
Not my fault.. IT'S CHILDREN SNEAK INTO MY OLD COMPUTER DURING AFTER MIDNIGHT... My god.. I was so MAD... Children were smart ass and sneak use it.. while I was sleeping.. My hubby gone work midnight shift from 11pm to 745am.

Mostly 12 midnight to 3am.. My two boys are using my old computer while I was sleeping... How's naughty they are sneaking into.. I always goes bed at 1130pm.. during sunday to thursday. I can see phone bill mostly high volume phone calls by weekly.. Rarely Weekend 2am to 4am.. Damn my two boys are smart!

Now I know it's solved the problem.. they are using my old computer during after 12 midnight.. I gonna stay up late until 1am.. Making sure my children 110% sleep sound!
then I go bed.. *sigh* I hate stay up late during weekly and weekend.. *mumbling*

OH WOW!!! that shocked me that your sons are sneaking that you cant hear at night time and your hubby gone for work at night time .. tsk tsk your kids .. ah maybe if it is good idea to take the cord from your computer at night time so they cant sneak it and play the games on your old computer and other computer?? if it is good idea or not??

or keyboard and mouse so your kids cant play ?

I just give you an idea. Unplug your old computer's keyboard, and hide it somewhere or put it in the drawer and lock it - if you are busy around the house or goes to bed...

Just make sure that your new computer's keyboard does not fix to your other old computer... If they are matched, so you will have unplug both keyboards...

My suggest.. dont let your kids on computer for couple months.. that what I do with our kids..

our kids havent spend their time on computer only reward earned..... they find it less interested and other things do better... we have xbox.... gamecube.. ps2... gameboy advances and DS... and hang out with friends, outdoor..

If I am you.. I will take away their privledges and grounded them longer.. make them chores and earn money to pay you back on those bills..

I wont give them excuses or let them get away after few days.. unplug computer.. set up window password so they wont get in...

OR get their own computer but restrict limit of go on websites..

Good luck..

Also, Talk you your local phone company or the company that you got... see if they can discount or waive the bill.. if they dont believe.. bring your kids over to the company have them admit.. thats tough thing to do.. Also, ask them about block number like 1-900 or 1-800 or other numbers.. we have our 1-900 and 1-800 on block..

That's happened to me couple years ago that one of our kids were 4 years old got the phone and push dial number.. ended up in japan and were left on.. ran up on my phone bill almost 400.. and i went in the office with whole bunch kids.. to show that one of them were playing with phone and happened to have that number.. they wavied the bill.. nice of them...

same thing when one of kids steal items from the store.. I brought them back to the store.. make them apologize the mgr.. :D

also.. keep that $800 to make them back.. if the phone decides to discount.. its FOR YOU.....

;D

GalaxyAngel said:
Not my fault.. IT'S CHILDREN SNEAK INTO MY OLD COMPUTER DURING AFTER MIDNIGHT... My god.. I was so MAD... Children were smart ass and sneak use it.. while I was sleeping.. My hubby gone work midnight shift from 11pm to 745am.Mostly 12 midnight to 3am.. My two boys are using my old computer while I was sleeping

Oh, now I got it. Your boys woke up and sneak out of their bedroom while you were sleeping and get on the computer and ordering some stuff? That's bad enough. I can see that isn't your fault. My question to you, Terri, Before all this had happened. Have you ever went over ground rules (safely tips) with your children about being online? What to expect while they are online? Are they aware that they are not allow to order anything on line or give out telephone number? (I'm not talking about right now I am talking about before all this had happened before you got the phone bill.)

Back