Hello I am a lesbian, partially deaf

That's my opinion of you after your post which responded to me and specifically referenced my post.

It's no problem as I will be ignoring your drivel from now on.

Enjoy your time here.

I'm sorry, but you quoted my post so I responded to your post. Perhaps I should have made more effort to distinguish, but I thought the context was clear. It was never my intent to say YOU were anti-gay (I don't know you). It's a simple misunderstanding.

Again, I'm new here. I don't know anything about what happened in the Religion forums. I would say the same rule should apply there. However, religion is more diverse. There are many different religions with different beliefs. The GLBT forum seems more defined. The moderator made it pretty clear that this is a place for positivity towards the GLBT community.
My own belief is that this forum exists as it will and take on it's own form without the need for being positive. Gays and lesbians (GLBT) have a myriad of emotions and beliefs. Some are negative and there's nothing wrong about writing ones truth. When our group formed, we were just gays and lesbians. We did not include transgendered and had a hard time expanding to include them but it was the right thing to do.

Calvin, don't shoot me. I'm just explainin' something. The GLBT community is all over the place in our beliefs. In the beginning when IBM allowed a G&L group to get together to show myopic and ignorant people we're not different than anyone else. Calvin made it clear to keep religion and politics out of her. It is our humaness that should keep out the attacks. Religion is an area that cannot be proven. It stirs people up too much and has no place here. But I will never deny anyone a belief in a religion. Just keep it out of this thread.

LOL! I didn't say you did. Maybe you should pay attention to what I posted and the context of it. Why are you resorting to name calling?

*facepalm* -Zooms airplane over head- It just kept going didn't it? Bott was talking about.... Oh, never mind, she'll shred you worse than I will.... :lol:

because it is outside the norm.

in America - it is assumed that you're white, Christian, straight and hearing. when a minority or a person who is "different" introduces oneself... yea there you go. Pikula is not chinese nor straight.. therefore making it clear for you....

you should know that in deaf culture when it comes to introduction, we introduce ourselves with name, "hearing status" (deaf, hoh, hearing), where you live, etc.
What? I don't assume someone is the litany of stuff you named. But the point is that there is nothing wrong HERE introducing oneself that way. I don't think I've ever done it but in respect for our new member, I did. Steinhauer did as well and caught on quickly. I have to tell people about my hearing in the real world or I'm screwed. I don't also add I'm an almost Jewish (non-practicing) lesbian chick as well. But again, it's fine here. Steinhauer, look at it as a cultural difference.

*facepalm* -Zooms airplane over head- It just kept going didn't it? Bott was talking about.... Oh, never mind, she'll shred you worse than I will.... :lol:

Perhaps I should have said SOMEONE instead of YOU, lol. I'm still learning the INS and OUTS of AD.

I'm sorry, but you quoted my post so I responded to your post. Perhaps I should have made more effort to distinguish, but I thought the context was clear. It was never my intent to say YOU were anti-gay (I don't know you). It's a simple misunderstanding.
I am getting to know Stein offline. I don't view him as being anti-gay (he isn't). He (like us) has standards. He doesn't want marriage allowed. We can argue it but we're all entitled to our believes. I prefer anything other than marriage be allowed because it lessens the intensity amongst us. I've been sayin' that for 20 years and have been ignored. WEDGE issues cause nuttiness and are bad because in a sense they are fraudulent and are created to divide us.

I have never done that. I have always introduced myself as "Hello, my name is __________, and I am an interstellar traveler and made a pit stop here on your planet."

Doesn't everybody do that, or is it just me?
gosh, I am so pooped, I hope I'm not repeating my response.

Sir, this is how it's done in the GLBT community on some forums. You have your ways and while I promise I'm like you, I conform to forum rules and community rules with as much respect as I can muster. Sometimes it doesn't work :) .

I have never done that. I have always introduced myself as "Hello, my name is __________, and I am an interstellar traveler and made a pit stop here on your planet."

Doesn't everybody do that, or is it just me?

but that's not what you did. you in fact have made hateful posts toward GLBT community and that's just not nice. I thought you Southerners were all about manners. I guess it's just you then.

Well it isn't exactly like us homo's woke up one day and smelled the coffee and said *SNIIIIIIIIFF* "AHhhhhhh, it's a good day today, I think I'm going to be a lesbian!" :roll: Marriage is a human right, period.

I almost afraid to say this but I feel it is necessary to say...I'm also a lesbian and proud of who I am, no matter what anyone else may think. Have been all my life. All my life. Because remember one thing. Just because you may think something doesn't mean it is correct . So with that in mind, some of us may want to keep our thought to ourselves . I'm just saying. I am not talking to anyone in specific but if the shoe fits ....

I am not gay and I did not come to this thread to mock anyone. I can't understand why you are on this thread knowing you're totally again people being gay. I have no right to judge a person for who they chose to love. I sure did not like people judging me for dating Black men. And I did not like White men wanting have to sex with me just to prove they're good in bed. With all the horrible things going on in the world why are some people against two people loving one another ?
Tengo tirado. THIS is where it came from.

Stein isn't against gays and lesbians. He's against some of our beliefs for his own reasons. Honestly, so long as we can get along I don't care if he's been measured to be straight, is Native American, and not a lesbian or is that gay ... Just kidding about the last!

If he didn't like G&Ls, we wouldn't be having offline conversations. There's no malice in what he says to me. We just have different beliefs. Stein also doesn't know the cultural difference. Now you do, dude. So get over it.:D
While you're struggling with that, I remind you that we are the same. As you are Catholic and have your beliefs, we're GLBT and have ours.

I almost afraid to say this but I feel it is necessary to say...I'm also a lesbian and proud of who I am, no matter what anyone else may think. Have been all my life. All my life. Because remember one thing. Just because you may think something doesn't mean it is correct . So with that in mind, some of us may want to keep our thought to ourselves . I'm just saying. I am not talking to anyone in specific but if the shoe fits ....

You can't live life worrying about what people think about what you say. Just say it, like you did.

I am getting to know Stein offline. I don't view him as being anti-gay (he isn't). He (like us) has standards. He doesn't want marriage allowed. We can argue it but we're all entitled to our believes. I prefer anything other than marriage be allowed because it lessens the intensity amongst us. I've been sayin' that for 20 years and have been ignored. WEDGE issues cause nuttiness and are bad because in a sense they are fraudulent and are created to divide us.

Yes, and we have also very politely and respectfully disagreed on the issue of marriage.

because we both know what the wedge issues are, and agree they are designed to pit people against each other (and we are both rather sick of it).

I like her very much - she is cool.

Yes, and we have also very politely and respectfully disagreed on the issue of marriage.

because we both know what the wedge issues are, and agree they are designed to pit people against each other (and we are both rather sick of it).

I like her very much - she is cool.

Oh I see - you seems differently between AD and real life. :hmm:

Actually, some people "got" what I was saying, and others read into and inserted, and projected - it happens. (btw - I am a proud straight person - does that make me evil?)

Actually, some people "got" what I was saying, and others read into and inserted, and projected - it happens. (btw - I am a proud straight person - does that make me evil?)

Absolutely not. :lol:

Yeah, FR, I wanted to take some issues offline with Steinhauer. We'd get potentially nailed in here. That's why I was able to make the statement knowingly that he has no issue with us per say. I'm trying to straighten him out on the other equality issues as well. I gave many examples. Hey, Stein, here's one more.

We each just tossed our car (mine's going bye-bye this afternoon) and replaced them with what will be our final cars. We put them in JTWROS for Joint Tenants with Rights of Survivorship. You and you wife don't have to do that. NOWWWWWW while everything else is in Trust, I have to look at the refi mortage papers to ensure it says this. I'm pretty sure it does. So, after the list you got last night, here's another one to add to it. We are far from equal and it's a pain in the seat to deal with all these nuances AND more expensive for us. Again, we are not taking anything away from you and there's no "hidden" agenda. It's about being fair only and having the same rights as you (and call marriage somethin' else!).

FR, Stein comes across as a dope (I do sometimes, too). But he is not. He's learning. That's why I enjoy seeing some of his comments here. We are about diversity afterall. I find him intelligent and open-minded. I don't expect anyone to change overnight but the fact that he's kind enough to "listen" is really wonderful. One day the listening and hearing may make a dent. If he were minimally not open-minded, our offline dialog would not exist. That's logic. But I'm not converting him and wouldn't want to. Sameness is boring.

John Lennon distortion: Give people a chance and don't pounce on them just because they "seem" different. AKA give peace a chance.

-- Sheri

Sir, you are a proud person. I dislike labels (how many times have you see that from me and stop counting). You know what I know already. Evil is ridiculous and you're not close to it.

This is what boggles my mind. From what I can tell (I'm new to AD), this forum is a POSITIVE place for GLBT people. This forum is about GLBT people and THEIR lives. So why would someone who does not have positive feelings towards this community come here? Why should people who are GLBT have to deal with negative statements about their so-called "life-style" IN THIS FORUM? You can have your opinion, but you shouldn't come to THIS forum and harangue GLBT people.

We come from all walks of life. I have positive feelings towards the community and I'm very much against calling "our" marriage marriage. It's makes a powerful wedge issue that I knew would be used in politics. I put myself in places where I was verbally attacked many times when I was working in the two Fortune xxx companies to get (and receive) DP benefits. Is that positive or negative (my anti marriage stance that's meaningless) - probably a bit negative. It's also what happened. That's all I meant. I'm sure there are other things in the community like this. Ah!

NYC Gay Pride Parade down 5th Avenue - I wore down sneakers and sweated many a year. Dykes on Bikes (dang, always wanted to be part of that but never made it) lead the parade then you get the flamboyant guys who are allowed to be themselves next. What does the media pick up on? The flamboyance . ALWAYS whether it's a march or the Human Equality gathering in 2000. What does that do to the population? Creates much less of a divide than when I was marching in the late 80s and 90s. But it's always picked up and I don't like it. Before I die, I'd like to see marriage at the Fed and State levels. That means, I'd like to tone down the stuff that riles people up. Be flamboyant and be pink on the float but figure out a way to tone it down a little bit. Don't like it, that's okay. We'll have our differences. My goal is to see an end and my time is running out.

Again, it's just another example where perhaps my thought process can be interpreted as negative. It's not in my defense. It's just realistic. The guys in pink are adorable and huggable and the public, in the old days, saw it representing the gay community and it was not but rather a subset.

Back