Hello I am a lesbian, partially deaf

This is what boggles my mind. From what I can tell (I'm new to AD), this forum is a POSITIVE place for GLBT people. This forum is about GLBT people and THEIR lives. So why would someone who does not have positive feelings towards this community come here? Why should people who are GLBT have to deal with negative statements about their so-called "life-style" IN THIS FORUM? You can have your opinion, but you shouldn't come to THIS forum and harangue GLBT people.

because it is outside the norm.

in America - it is assumed that you're white, Christian, straight and hearing. when a minority or a person who is "different" introduces oneself... yea there you go. Pikula is not chinese nor straight.. therefore making it clear for you....

you should know that in deaf culture when it comes to introduction, we introduce ourselves with name, "hearing status" (deaf, hoh, hearing), where you live, etc.

I have never done that. I have always introduced myself as "Hello, my name is __________, and I am an interstellar traveler and made a pit stop here on your planet."

Doesn't everybody do that, or is it just me?

This is what boggles my mind. From what I can tell (I'm new to AD), this forum is a POSITIVE place for GLBT people. This forum is about GLBT people and THEIR lives. So why would someone who does not have positive feelings towards this community come here? Why should people who are GLBT have to deal with negative statements about their so-called "life-style" IN THIS FORUM? You can have your opinion, but you shouldn't come to THIS forum and harangue GLBT people.

You should probably have asked why people were doing that to the religious forums.

people will be people :roll:

So you are hearing?

Deaf people always have opinions about everything. There are too few of us to stay out of one section or another...

Speaking of disability

Welcome, I too hope to find a girlfriend eventually but I have found (and others like me) that straight women and lesbian women seem to just hate transwomen outright.. :(

I'm trying to keep off disability, but if I don't find a job soon, I just may have to. I digress, nice to meet you. :)

Hi. Since you went there about disability, I want to say I recently went on disability this past April and if you are thinking about it start one because it takes several months. So you don't want to wait until last minute financially speaking. Good luck sweetie

You should probably have asked why people were doing that to the religious forums.

Again, I'm new here. I don't know anything about what happened in the Religion forums. I would say the same rule should apply there. However, religion is more diverse. There are many different religions with different beliefs. The GLBT forum seems more defined. The moderator made it pretty clear that this is a place for positivity towards the GLBT community.

So you are hearing?

Deaf people always have opinions about everything. There are too few of us to stay out of one section or another...

There is a forum for debate/dissenting opinion, this forum appears to be defined as PRO GLBT commentary. It's pretty simple in my eyes. I don't get the need for people who are anti-gay (w/ anti-gay commentary) to come to a pro-gay forum and expect... what?

Also, I am deaf and I have opinions about everything too and will post those opinions in the designated forum.

Hello nice to meet u

Hello, it's me Pikula who introduced herself in the intro forum. I am not only Korean and partially deaf on disability but I am also a lesbian. I have a girlfriend. We've been together for 3 years now. I have a son who is 8 years old from my previous marriage, but we're now divorced for a long time now. I will never date another man after him. He put me through hell. My girlfriend is so awesome and amazing.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi my name is SinAmin, I can hear but I can not talk. I I've in Las Vegas, it's nice to meet you. Do you know any single ladies that are looking for a attractive lady who can't talk ? I'm joking of course I'm certain that you don't . Just breaking the ice. I hope to see you around in here. Again... Very nice to meet you Pikula .

The religion part on AD has been closed for years. SUP?

The religious section was under debate category, so many ADers argue about religions, especially disagree with belief, while favor other belief, so we went out of hand and Alex decided to closed permanently before you join AD forum.

The religious section will not going open anytime soon, despite about how bad are you whine about religious discussion.

That's enough and get a life.

There is a forum for debate/dissenting opinion, this forum appears to be defined as PRO GLBT commentary. It's pretty simple in my eyes. I don't get the need for people who are anti-gay (w/ anti-gay commentary) to come to a pro-gay forum and expect... what?

Also, I am deaf and I have opinions about everything too and will post those opinions in the designated forum.

:lol: Well la de da/// Aren't you so much better behaved than the rest of us??

Oh, I get it .. a valid observation is met with ... taunts. :lol:

I couldn't help but notice that today, in the news, a very prominent civil rights leader was commemorated in ...... churches.

I can see wondering why she'd mention it if it was a post in the introductory thread in general chat, BUT in the LGBT section.....not so much, seems pertinent here. Call me crazy

I can see wondering why she'd mention it if it was a post in the introductory thread in general chat, BUT in the LGBT section.....not so much, seems pertinent here. Call me crazy

I have a feeling the controversy started because someone didn't notice it was specific to the GLBT section.

Oh, I get it .. a valid observation is met with ... taunts. :lol:

I couldn't help but notice that today, in the news, a very prominent civil rights leader was commemorated in ...... churches.

I hopefully you could find a decent job in near future.

Take care, man.

:lol: Well la de da/// Aren't you so much better behaved than the rest of us??

If SOMEONE doesn't mind THEIR post potentially being removed, then by all means post anti-gay stuff to your heart's desire.

Edited to be more general in tone.

Last edited:
If you don't mind your post potentially being removed, then by all means post anti-gay stuff to your heart's desire.

I have never in my life done such a thing.

Try hard to pay attention.

Idiot

I have never in my life done such a thing.

Try hard to pay attention.

Idiot

LOL! I didn't say you did. Maybe you should pay attention to what I posted and the context of it. Why are you resorting to name calling?

LOL! I didn't say you did. Maybe you should pay attention to what I posted and the context of it. Why are you resorting to name calling?

That's my opinion of you after your post which responded to me and specifically referenced my post.

It's no problem as I will be ignoring your drivel from now on.

Enjoy your time here.

Back