Hello I am a lesbian, partially deaf

Mod note:

Everyone have their own opinions on certain subjects. If you don't have anything nice to say to GLBT community, I'd suggest to keep your opinions to yourself. Again, don't bring religious subjects here and I will not repeat this warning again.

Thank you.

I haven't discussed politics, or even religion in my last post, yet it was censored.

Does anyone ever have that little light bulb go over their heads when they realize that a certain person's "opinion" gets progressively worse and worse when that person's sacred held beliefs are not respected, but censored and mocked instead?

If not, then perhaps ask your self this "if I cannot at least show respect for the differing opinion of people of faith, how can I ever expect them to respect me?"

If you haven't asked yourself that question, and done a little soul searching ... then by all means, keep deleting those pesky opinions, sit back, and watch the worsening of opinions.

I haven't discussed politics, or even religion in my last post, yet it was censored.

Does anyone ever have that little light bulb go over their heads when they realize that a certain person's "opinion" gets progressively worse and worse when that person's sacred held beliefs are not respected, but censored and mocked instead?

If not, then perhaps ask your self this "if I cannot at least show respect for the differing opinion of people of faith, how can I ever expect them to respect me?"

If you haven't asked yourself that question, and done a little soul searching ... then by all means, keep deleting those pesky opinions, sit back, and watch the worsening of opinions.

You still keep posting it here which is GLBT LOUNGE. So you need to stay open minded . That is it.

:wave: welcome, Pikula

maybe you're in a better place now with your new relationship?

I happen to be bi, married to a guy who recently the forum...I'm hoh.

You still keep posting it here which is GLBT LOUNGE. So you need to stay open minded . That is it.

I think it is better to ignore and move on, and let him talk, talk, talk and will disappear eventually.

Hello Pikula, nice meet to you. :cool2:

I never understood these kinds of introductions.

Hello, I am Caucasian/American Indian, Severe Hearing loss in both ears, and straight.

I never want to have sex with men either.
LOL! You do crack me up!!!!

But is your spinal cord slightly bent? That would make you not quite straight.

Steinhauer: Story. Workin' in NYC for a publishing company. I worked in a variety of roles there. There was a really cute guy (you may be, too ;) ) who was from Pakistan. I liked him and he was really sweet. We were one of the earlier birds to get to work. He would always ask me, "Good morning, how are you?" I responded based on our social mores. Then I finally decided to explain social mores (not smores - mores). They're sort of useless but it's part of our culture.

Welcome to the fun forum. I said I don't tend to agree in social mores but we exist buried amongst so many others. Your intro was fine. So let me respond in kind.

I'm 59. I am a lesbian. I was married to a guy for 12 years but I moved out because he was too needy primarily and I think that I was taken advantage of in different ways and got tired of it. So I followed my heart. My partner and I have been together for 21.5 years. We opted against having children on two different occasions because it would've made our crazy lives too crazy. It allowed the unexpected to happen - retire early. I've marched in different states, facilitated with a host of others to bring in domestic partnership benefits to two Fortune xxx companies. I asked a consulting firm if they'd allow me to give my partner insurance through their company and they did :) . I have no need to flaunt who I am (in public). I have a need to be who I am.

GoodGrief-703274.gif

So, I am going to introduce myself as STRAIGHT wherever I go from now on. Then, I will follow up the introduction with, "I only do blondes and redheads, because those brunettes man, they really put me through hell and ya know .. I don't go near them".
Do whatever makes you happy without infringing on others. Want to be called Straight, get a level and show us where that bubble is in the green marker.

Sir, why are you here?

Never know why sexuality important but glad you found your niche in life try the other thread GLBt
I like diversity even thought I asked S why he was here. Can't learn and grow without it ;).

I definitely have to agree, sexuality does not have anything to do with sex. Hey, if someone wants to go introduce themselves as gay, lesbian, bisexual or even straight every time they speak, go for it! It was an introduction and if someone believes that's an important part of themselves, why not include it? I know I like to get it out in the open before I start talking to people and making friends because some people will judge you off of that. I'd rather get it out there so the people that are going to hate me for something so little can GTFO before we have to put effort into a friendship that isn't going to work out. I'm fine if people want to hate me for something that I can't control, however I don't want to waste my time.

Secondly, I hardly think gay rights are stomping on anyone else's rights. Actually, I know it isn't. You have your rights and I have mine, we are all human and deserve equality no matter what color, religion, country or whatever anyone comes from.
I agree Mew. Since I've literally been on both sides of the coin here that sexuality for me has nothing to do with who I am. I have deeper, more meaningful relationships with women. If I could not have that, I'd end up being without anyone. My ex-husband and other men were unable to relate to me on a level I desired. I have a lot of people who I consider to be friends who are men.

I'm not stomping and never have on anyone's rights. That makes for too much discord. Yes, we should have the same equal rights as other do. It's happening but we are far from it yet. But compared to 20 years ago, we're a lot closer :)!!!!

Hello, I am Caucasian/American Indian, Severe Hearing loss in both ears, and straight.

I am not gay and I did not come to this thread to mock anyone. I can't understand why you are on this thread knowing you're totally again people being gay. I have no right to judge a person for who they chose to love. I sure did not like people judging me for dating Black men. And I did not like White men wanting have to sex with me just to prove they're good in bed. With all the horrible things going on in the world why are some people against two people loving one another ?

I am not gay and I did not come to this thread to mock anyone. I can't understand why you are on this thread knowing you're totally again people being gay. I have no right to judge a person for who they chose to love. I sure did not like people judging me for dating Black men. And I did not like White men wanting have to sex with me just to prove they're good in bed. With all the horrible things going on in the world why are some people against two people loving one another ?
Allow me to take a shot at this. Your statement, " ... why are some people against two people loving one another?"

1. I've seen some who are threatened because it makes them think about their own (hate using this word but it's true) sexuality. "Could I be gay? No, no, no so I must be against gays and lesbians."
  2. Some are ignorant.
  3. Some have the facts but remain stupid.
  4. Some believe in the propaganda out there that the GLBT community is trying to convert me! Seriously, why would we do that? There's no need.
  5. Many are a combination of all of the above.
  6. Mr. S. sent me a great article from MIT. The last paragraph said it well as to why we continue to meet resistance on being married (and related here because it's why one would be opposed to two people being in a loving relationship). It's all about the money. Amen.

Last edited:

I didn't see his comment as trying to mock anyone, and I think people are taking too much from it. I took as him trying to say introduce yourself, not a label. You're a person not a category.

Laura

I didn't see his comment as trying to mock anyone, and I think people are taking too much from it. I took as him trying to say introduce yourself, not a label. You're a person not a category.

Laura
Laura: I don't know if you were suggesting I thought he was trying to mock someone. He actually asked a valid question which was something like, how could anyone deny two people the right to love. It was a good question that someone :) here has been against (I happen to like that person but I wondered what went through people's minds). You didn't reference who you thought was doing the mocking.

At the major company in which I worked for many years, one guy seemed to be going in the direction of, "Oh my gosh, I'm married I might be gay!" His doubting turned into an obvious dislike to hatred of gays. At that time, I was married to a guy but it seemed pretty obvious.

Anyway, no mockin' on my part. No way, Jose.

Hey, Steinhauer, welcome to the crowd!:ty:

I don't think it is ideal to make fun of her because of introduction and she is free to introduce about who is her.

Pikula, welcome to all deaf forum and it is awesome to discuss.

I'm bisexual and I'm very sorry about you had bad experience with previous marriage. :(
FR: I think Steinhauer has a point. I can't say he's mocking (let me give him the benefit of the doubt). I sent a note explaining why we tend to do this. We do, others don't.

When I go to an all women's dance, I don't have to say a word :deaf:.

because it is outside the norm.

in America - it is assumed that you're white, Christian, straight and hearing. when a minority or a person who is "different" introduces oneself... yea there you go. Pikula is not chinese nor straight.. therefore making it clear for you....

you should know that in deaf culture when it comes to introduction, we introduce ourselves with name, "hearing status" (deaf, hoh, hearing), where you live, etc.

Hey, Steinhauer, welcome to the crowd!:ty:
See, Stein, I do have a kid. He's shorter like my partner but looks a little more like I did when I was younger. He's also got my taste in iMacs.
This was from our rental and the little twerp walked on our (his and my) bed and hopped over to the computer. Granted, he will not be able to carry on my lineage but that's okay.

I have a 14 year old niece that is deaf. She goes to a high school that has a program for deaf and hearing impaired students. Now, her teacher asked me for a good resource online and I just cannot in good conscience recommend this forum when sexuality is not considered a private adult matter. Especially when you click "new posts" and it's right there, for minors to see. Just saying.
Don't let her scroll down further because it gets worse... Look. Yo, it's not about sexuality other than I prefer women. I relate to them. It's the outside world putting that label and making that distinction. Heavens knows I don't talk about married friends' sexuality. Stop talkin' about ours - it's not what's most important in my life.

Don't recommend alldeaf. There's probably a better suited and religiously-oriented forum out there for her. There are things in here I wouldn't want my mom if she were alive to see. My dad, on the other hand, would probably like it but he's not alive either.

Back