Hearing Aids users

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have cochlear implant

Originally posted by Cain Marko
Who is "our"?

How can you say they dont understand what its like to be deaf? CI users are deaf. Or do you think of them as hearing? WTF??

How can you say that other deaf people dont understand what its like to be deaf? Is there only one way of being deaf?

I'm not sure I understood what you meant in your post.

What I meant is that some deaf ppl are just happy with who they are, without the ability to hear. I am tired of CI users who come to me and say that I should have a CI, etc... I am like no thanks, I dont want one. I am happy the way I am. They just keep on insisting that it is the best thing, bla bla bla. I am like grrrr shut up.

Don't misunderstand this, as I am not against anyone. I am just against ppl trying to tell me what to do. Thats all. As for "our" I should have said "my."

i h a t e wearing hearing aids, when i was younger everytime i get new hearing aids, couple days later i just throw it out thruway on way to school, damage it, you name it. my parents wasn't happy what i did to my hearing aids :D

Originally posted by t e d d y
i h a t e wearing hearing aids, when i was younger everytime i get new hearing aids, couple days later i just throw it out thruway on way to school, damage it, you name it. my parents wasn't happy what i did to my hearing aids :D

:shock: ur parents mustve been so upset with u with ur demolishing ur hearing aids while growing up -- i know alot of Deafies dont normally like wearing their hearing aids on a regular basis but DO put them on when they HAVE to like me :ugh:

I used to wear hearing aids for years until I was in early 20s. I hated hearing aids with a deadly passion. Even though I wore the FM system at high school, I destroyed it by poking the tiny hole with paper clip. It was working well, but it won't recieve any messages from the teacher's microphone. Of course, I did not pay for any damages because school paid for it. LOL

:naughty:

My parents were not that thrilled as I announced that I was no longer wearing hearing aids, but later they finally accepted it after I explained to them that they are annoying me and giving me some headaches!! I feel free without damn hearing aids!! :rofl:

Originally posted by t e d d y
Why did you hate wearing hearing aids? Was it because of the way it felt on your ears or you just didn't like hearing?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have cochlear implant

Originally posted by kuifje75
What I meant is that some deaf ppl are just happy with who they are, without the ability to hear. I am tired of CI users who come to me and say that I should have a CI, etc... I am like no thanks, I dont want one. I am happy the way I am. They just keep on insisting that it is the best thing, bla bla bla. I am like grrrr shut up.

Don't misunderstand this, as I am not against anyone. I am just against ppl trying to tell me what to do. Thats all. As for "our" I should have said "my."
I know how you feel. Here at RIT, there has been a huge increase in CIs. I know about 10 people here who were already students here for at least 2 years, suddenly decided to get CIs during the summer. There are a few others who got CIs during April/May of 2002... and got rid of it cuz they regretted getting CIs. Also, a lot of people here are suggesting that I get it... yet, I hear and understand better than they do while I wear ordinary hearing aids!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Why did you hate wearing hearing aids? Was it because of the way it felt on your ears or you just didn't like hearing?
i hate to wear hearing aids, it gives me headache, i don't hear ANYTHING and why would i still using it

Originally posted by Fly Free
:shock: ur parents mustve been so upset with u with ur demolishing ur hearing aids while growing up -- i know alot of Deafies dont normally like wearing their hearing aids on a regular basis but DO put them on when they HAVE to like me :ugh:
well my dad really didn't care about that- my mom- *shakes head* lol

i wear hearing aids ALLLLLL the time, i only ever take them out to shower and sleep - sometimes after a big night out drinking with buddies, I'll even fall asleep with them in!

BUT<>>>>>>><<<<>><<><>

the catch is that they are IN-the-ear hearing aids, not those damn mother fuckers, behind the ears... I HATE those things.. I had them when I started school, and they just got in the way, and I hid them and everything. The new ones that I got a few years later were so much better, though not as loud...

I have a bit of residual hearing though, so I guess my situation is a lot easier. I know exactly how annoying it is to wear those stupid behind the ears. They're for OLD PEOPLE!!

I mean, how are you meant to do the normal things in life with those things hangin off your ears???

Like walk in the rain? Like take off a sweater without pulling something out! Like putting on a pair of sunglasses without getting it stuck in a wire... running around and playing soccer and football and stuff without them getting in the way, or worrying about damaging them?? I can also wear a beanie and had without them whistling with my In.The.Ear's....

I predict that some time in the future those fuckers will be abolished and all hearing help will be much smaller and within the ear canal, so we can try to hear without being uncomfortable.

Sorry to all those people who love their dodgy BTE's!!;)

Well i have a hearing aid thats atm squealing like a pig, but, i do know two poeple that have CIs and one s pro and one s a neg POV, while the PRO loves her CI and understands the poeple are politically against them, but sees many do support her reasons. like myself. cuz its about respect and her body. other one totally dispises it but puts up with the CI she's stuck with it for yrs. and i can understand her anger towards the CI she already shut the switch off, and can always turn it back on anytime she wishes, but for now she's happy with what she has.

I think that babies should never have the CI put in them, cuz they have no voice, I was asked for one when i was 7 and i said NO i refused someone to cut my head open for a mini chip for me to hear, im happy with the way i am. At least i thank my mom for the option and she respected my decision.

I have my both hearing aids for whole life. However, one of the right side getting more profound than ever I have. I have nothing to be complaint and used to against CI for entire my life. Somehow, I look at the CI again. I used to have some kind "test cochlear". It really works on me. I don't know what happen to several of you get that trouble? I learn that need be unlimited patient with it. See, they are improving from my option. I don't see any limited activie. CI can swim under water limited 200 ft deep. It about that all they limited CI people. However, I can be as myself and wear CI ( I don't have one yet). Its made no different wear the hearing aids. I strongly against for people put the child get CI in some reason. I refuse to get two CI on both side. It sound not safe because that possible to get shock the brain.

I wonder if you guy research enough about CI? There are new CII as well that got better. So, I am taking that risk to get one for my right side.

I am not going to say you are right and I am wrong. Some people need to research harder than let the doctor helping the people out to made decision.

Originally posted by stuntchic

I have a bit of residual hearing though, so I guess my situation is a lot easier. I know exactly how annoying it is to wear those stupid behind the ears. They're for OLD PEOPLE!!

u have a right to ur own opinion but -- personally i prefer the BTE's not those "miracle ear" IN the ear hearing aid BS and i disagree with u on this discussion abt the BTE's being for the elderly when they mostly chooses those teeny IN the ear hearing aids are mostly for the older folks -- the elderly around here i noticed wear them -- im not embarrassed or "ashamed" of using my BTE when i do wear it -- i just simply be myself -- i still stand by the BTE's and i dont see anything wrong with them they dont bother me and i wear glasses *shrugs*

I haven't worn hearing aids since 1990 :o I just dont like wearing them, hate to hear noises all the time...I like quiet so haven't worn them since. :D

i wear a hearing aid all the time but at night i ditch them due to the squealing, will have that repaired soon.....

for CI's i don't like CIs cuz god gave us a reason to be born deaf, and to see little children who can't vocal thier own choice of the CI they will be traumaized by the poeple who are politically against it. and for the poeple who are for it, there's a difference in the community of acceptance. it really depends.

Even though I wore the FM system at high school, I destroyed it by poking the tiny hole with paper clip. It was working well, but it won't recieve any messages from the teacher's microphone. Of course, I did not pay for any damages because school paid for it. LOL
HAHAHA! :laugh2: Oh, man you rock!!!!!! I hated those stupid FM devices with a passion!!!!! I can vividly remember wearing the old-fashioned FM devices, in elementary school the ones with all the straps and which looked like a body aid.(aka VERY dorky!) My parents and I had SO many fights about me wearing it in high school, it wasn't even funny! I have one to use at college now, if I need it but very rarely use it. It usually sits in a box in my dorm room.
the catch is that they are IN-the-ear hearing aids, not those damn mother fuckers, behind the ears... I HATE those things.. The new ones that I got a few years later were so much better, though not as loud...
stuntchic, how severe is your deafness? I wore BTEs for most of my early school career (three to thirteen or fourteen) as I have a mild-moderate-moderatly severe low frequncy loss and then in jr high switched to ITEs. Unfortunatly they are NOT powerful enough for most losses. They are just a paen to vanity and I've found that it's usually either old people who wear ITE aids or people who haven't quite come to terms with their deafness. Trust me, the difference in power between an ITE and a BTE is amazing! Try switching back to BTEs...you'll probaly find that you can hear a lot more then with ITEs. A lot of people find this! Hey you said so yourself that the ITEs aren't as loud as BTEs.....hey at least the BTE aids aren't body aids :mrgreen:
Plus BTEs are more comfortable (no hard plastic in your ear) and you can get them in WICKED cool colors!!!!! You can also get the earmolds in cool colors too! (you can also get the earmolds in sparkle, color-changing and GLOW-IN-THE-DARK!)

Originally posted by illustrator
do you always hate to wear it?
up til the 8th grade i hated wearing my hearing aids...but..now i cant live without them i depend on what hearing i do have left
:)

Back