Hearing Aids users

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I don't really have any preferences for hearing aids. I don't love wearing them nor do I hate wearing them. I do fine with them and am glad to wear them.

lol yeah - me too

I'm used to wearing earing aids all the time except for three things not to use it: 1. sleep 2. shower 3. when my mom's talking too loud, being angry, or yelling at me I simply hid my earing aid and ignore until she get mad at me, I simply told her to lower her "Opera voice" lol... anyway I don't mean to be rude but I'm against CI because when I was 12 years old my mother considered putting me on CI but found out if I had it on, I will have some limited actvities that i can't involved for example I can't go scuba diving with CI cuz it will damage the brain so my mom was disappoint until I got older and I told my mom I appreciate her for not putting me on CI...

I do not wear hearing aids at all, and have no desire to wear them. When I was in grade school, we used to have those FM systems too... "Bring all number 34s over there to Ms..." Ugh... Then in middle and high schools, it was required. They didn't care if I could actually understand shit or not. In 11th grade, I finally stopped wearing hearing aids, because they were getting on my nerves! I don't miss it at all.

I haven't worn my hearing aid for over a month now. I really need to get it fixed!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have cochlear implant

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
yeah I am very against CI but I don't blame you if you dont like CI!!

I dont understand when people say they are "very against" them. WTF does it matter how people hear? It doesnt change who they are.
CI users shouldnt have to feel so discriminated by other deaf people. Thats not right.

I am not saying you do. I am just using your words to ask a question or make a point.

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
stay deaf then..
Hell no! I've already got enough people complaining that I don't respond to my AIMs in time due to the fact that I don't hear people IMing me. :(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have cochlear implant

Originally posted by Cain Marko
I dont understand when people say they are "very against" them. WTF does it matter how people hear? It doesnt change who they are.
CI users shouldnt have to feel so discriminated by other deaf people. Thats not right.

I am not saying you do. I am just using your words to ask a question or make a point.

Some ppl feel that CI is seen as a "quick solution" to "fix" deafness. Some ppl think it is wrong for parents to implant their babies with CIs and feel that hearing ppl think that deaf ppl are inferior or substandard people. It is one huge controversity. Me, myself, I would not want a CI for my kid. But I am not gonna discriminate CI users. The only problem I have with CI users is when they come to me and tell me I should have a CI, how it would change my life, bla bla bla. They don't understand our idea how it is like to be deaf. Thats all.

Hell no! I've already got enough people complaining that I don't respond to my AIMs in time due to the fact that I don't hear people IMing me. :(

yeah - i know how u feel ... heh

I'm planning on getting my hearing aids fixed today... hope they can repair them. :(

Originally posted by Wolfboy
Whats was wrong with it and how was it broken?
The little plastic holder for the hear hook broke off. I went to the hearing aid place and found out that it's something that cannot be done in the hearing aid shop. It has to be sent to the company to be repaired. To make things worse, the hearing aid is about 12 years old so they don't repair hearing aids like this one any more... :( My only other option is to get a new one. Jeez!

The little plastic holder for the hear hook broke off. I went to the hearing aid place and found out that it's something that cannot be done in the hearing aid shop. It has to be sent to the company to be repaired. To make things worse, the hearing aid is about 12 years old so they don't repair hearing aids like this one any more... :( My only other option is to get a new one. Jeez!

Ah I know what you mean. Same thing happend to me. I took it and they said I need a new one so I did and this cost me 900 bucks. Shiat! :mad2:

Originally posted by Wolfboy
Ah I know what you mean. Same thing happend to me. I took it and they said I need a new one so I did and this cost me 900 bucks. Shiat! :mad2:
I used to have old hearing aids for more than 12 years and it was dying. and I couldn't afford it even though I work so I ask VR to help me, they did...

Got rid of my hearing aids when I stopped attending Lake Drive School - and when I came to MSSD, I realized that I don't needed these anymore - and at the age of 14, and ever since, I never wear them.

It always gave me PLENTLY of childhood headaches! :( I usually got busted at school with my hearing aids off!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I have cochlear implant

Originally posted by kuifje75
They don't understand our idea how it is like to be deaf. Thats all.

Who is "our"?

How can you say they dont understand what its like to be deaf? CI users are deaf. Or do you think of them as hearing? WTF??

How can you say that other deaf people dont understand what its like to be deaf? Is there only one way of being deaf?

I'm not sure I understood what you meant in your post.

Personally im against CI's myself too (no offense to those who has CI and loves it) but the way i look at it (i know it may sound a bit political but ahh what the heck) i always thought that ppl who wants CI has the right to make their own educated, informed decision not for the parents to do (if theyre minors and especially those who had it done while as a toddler) --- i have a hearing aid myself use it for my left ear and rarely use it now a days -- just put it on when i HAVE to :ugh:

Originally posted by Fly Free
Personally im against CI's myself too (no offense to those who has CI and loves it) but the way i look at it (i know it may sound a bit political but ahh what the heck) i always thought that ppl who wants CI has the right to make their own educated, informed decision not for the parents to do (if theyre minors and especially those who had it done while as a toddler) --- i have a hearing aid myself use it for my left ear and rarely use it now a days -- just put it on when i HAVE to :ugh:

I have a hard time understanding why deaf people are against other deaf people. What does it matter how or what they use to hear?

And for those parents who give their child an implant at a very young age...i have seen those kids after a couple years. they are successful at speaking and listening. Especially now with the latest technology.
I didnt say it was the best choice....i would simply say that it is a choice and people with CI are just as successful as anyone else.

im not personally "against other deaf people" no -- i have friends who themselves have CI and i dont have anything against them personally -- im referring to the CI itself was all

yes ive seen some of those kids grow up to be successful in speaking/listening but have met those who finds that CI was just a waste of money if they dont use it regularly and some has told me that they themselves dont like CI but had them implanted while they were young kids unable to have their own voices to be heard in regards to that -- its a big debative issue i realize that ppl have their POV's in regards to CI/hearing aid issues

Back