Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was first legal to drink alcohol, then not legal, soon legal again, then soon not legal, legal again, not legal and then finally legal again to drink alcoholic beverages. I could've been arrested for drinking those times while others not so.

i was legal fo 22 months then illegal for 2. In Florida the grandfathered the age which made more sense. We were legal to drink there for spring break.

I was first legal to drink alcohol, then not legal, soon legal again, then soon not legal, legal again, not legal and then finally legal again to drink alcoholic beverages. I could've been arrested for drinking those times while others not so.

And that was in one state, too.

The government should be subjected to what they are subjecting the people to with any and all of their laws. It's interesting that they are exempt from social security and also this new health care bill. If I understand correctly, that is un-constitutional.

Butterfly effect.
You can't use the butterfly effect to justify the government controlling something. My sitting here right now typing this up could have a butterfly effect- that doesn't give the government the right to force me to do it or not to do it.

You can't use the butterfly effect to justify the government controlling something. My sitting here right now typing this up could have a butterfly effect- that doesn't give the government the right to force me to do it or not to do it.

You need a humour radar.

The toddlers creed:

It's mine. You can't tell me what to do!

The government should be subjected to what they are subjecting the people to with any and all of their laws. It's interesting that they are exempt from social security and also this new health care bill. If I understand correctly, that is un-constitutional.

If it's unconstitutional, then we should do the same for SSA.

as the person said above - it's simply a choice that societies make. If you do not like this kind of life in America, then go simply move somewhere that fits your ideal.

In this country - everybody can progress in terms of wealth and class easier than anywhere else in the world... and everybody has a choice. Can you do that in Europe?

Yes. It's no problem. We can demand 5 weeks off, or take less weeks off, you can't do that. We can work 70 hours a week, but we can also refuse do to so. It's a choice you don't have in the states.

Yes. It's no problem. We can demand 5 weeks off, or take less weeks off, you can't do that. We can work 70 hours a week, but we can also refuse do to so. It's a choice you don't have in the states.

We do have that choice, but then we would be homeless.

We do have that choice, but then we would be homeless.

Just waiting for some laissez-faire capitalists jumping in here, claiming that beeing homeless is a choice made by free will..

It seems that people put different meanings in "freedom", but I would suggest anyone to try to work in europe before make judgements. Be warned, 5 weeks off is addictive :)

Just waiting for some laissez-faire capitalists jumping in here, claiming that beeing homeless is a choice made by free will..

It seems that people put different meanings in "freedom", but I would suggest anyone to try to work in europe before make judgements. Be warned, 5 weeks off is addictive :)

Well, I know what you meant, but I giggle when people say they don't have a choice-- yeah, you do have a choice, but the consequence of the other is undesirable.

Homelessness is seldom a choice though. I say seldom because many I have met want a job if given a chance, but I know of one person (who appear homeless, but isn't) that said that they make more money begging than working... So..

huh what? no that's not what I said at all.

I said - because of GROWING number of accidents and injured victims being drowned in medical debt.... the government had to step in and require the drivers to have an automobile insurance that will pay for the injured parties.

My bad. When you said we were going to have that many more injured to take care of, it sounded to me as if you were saying that the accident rate was going to go up as a result of reform.

Well, I know what you meant, but I giggle when people say they don't have a choice-- yeah, you do have a choice, but the consequence of the other is undesirable.

Homelessness is seldom a choice though. I say seldom because many I have met want a job if given a chance, but I know of one person (who appear homeless, but isn't) that said that they make more money begging than working... So..

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:ty::ty::ty:

I have said it time and again here. You always have a choice. What you mean when you say you don't have a choice is that you don't want to accept the consequences for making the choice.

No one is forcing you to do anything. You still have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back