Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know what you meant, but I giggle when people say they don't have a choice-- yeah, you do have a choice, but the consequence of the other is undesirable.

Homelessness is seldom a choice though. I say seldom because many I have met want a job if given a chance, but I know of one person (who appear homeless, but isn't) that said that they make more money begging than working... So..

I've been told so about begging, too. The deaf russian mafia got lots of peddlers around in europe. A peddler told me they make good amounts of money, something like 30K dollars in 6 months. Incredible :)

I've never tried to work in the US, but 2 weeks off sounds horrible. It's perhaps not that strict in reality?

Well, I know what you meant, but I giggle when people say they don't have a choice-- yeah, you do have a choice, but the consequence of the other is undesirable.

Homelessness is seldom a choice though. I say seldom because many I have met want a job if given a chance, but I know of one person (who appear homeless, but isn't) that said that they make more money begging than working... So..

Begging is working. A few years ago there was a story here in Dallas and most of the beggars were not homeless. Some made $40,000 a year. I have had a different experience than you. I often tried to hire the homeless as day labor perhaps more if they possessed any skills. Most did not want to work. The few that did told me many see homelessness as a lifestyle of freedom. That is the reason they seek bridges rather than shelters. For some it is freedom to abuse drugs and alcohol. For others it is freedom from obligation. There are enough charities and churches to provide shelter for all of the homeless. The difficult part is getting them to take shelter. That's why I say it's a choice. A bad or delusional choice maybe, but still a choice.

The toddlers creed:

It's mine. You can't tell me what to do!

Toddlers also have a difficult time understanding they can't take toys from others just because they want them :)

Begging is working. A few years ago there was a story here in Dallas and most of the beggars were not homeless. Some made $40,000 a year. I have had a different experience than you. I often tried to hire the homeless as day labor perhaps more if they possessed any skills. Most did not want to work. The few that did told me many see homelessness as a lifestyle of freedom. That is the reason they seek bridges rather than shelters. For some it is freedom to abuse drugs and alcohol. For others it is freedom from obligation. There are enough charities and churches to provide shelter for all of the homeless. The difficult part is getting them to take shelter. That's why I say it's a choice. A bad or delusional choice maybe, but still a choice.

It's a choice yeah, but I don't get it that you americans are satisified with limited choices. You got more choices if you can choose between 2 and 5 weeks off.

That is a decidedly untrue statement.

Toddlers also have a difficult time understanding they can't take toys from others just because they want them :)

A creed is not a lack of understanding based on development. What you have just stated is just that.

A creed is statement of a philosophy one lives by.

Two very different concepts with very different meanings.

I know a few people who are homeless and they have tried seeking shelter only to be turned away due to them being full.

I started out this semester with 22 hours of work per week. Then, it went down to 18 hours. Then, it went down to 4 hours. Last few weeks, it's been 2 hours per week. Starting next week, it will be 0 hours per week. I will have at least two months of unpaid "vacation." If no students register, I may have 0 hours of work for several months. I won't know until the first day of school of each semester, for the next two years (length of my contract).

I don't need any more "vacation." Sigh....

I know a few people who are homeless and they have tried seeking shelter only to be turned away due to them being full.

It happens on a daily basis.

we can't always feed everybody, shelter everybody, help everybody. it's wishful thinking. this new healthcare reform does not even help insure 100% of Americans.

Did they try every church too? No there are not enough shelters alone.

we can't always feed everybody, shelter everybody, help everybody. it's wishful thinking. this new healthcare reform does not even help insure 100% of Americans.

No one said we could. We were refuting TXGolfer's statement that there were plenty of shelters and charities to take care of the homeless.

Did they try every church too? No there are not enough shelters alone.

Churches are generally not licensed to function as homeless shelters.:roll:

And, as difficult as you find it to believe...not all homeless are Christian, either. More of that egocentrism.

No one said we could. We were refuting TXGolfer's statement that there were plenty of shelters and charities to take care of the homeless.

yes there are. plenty in NYC as well. but plenty of homeless who do not want shelters. we have programs that offer food, coat, shelter, cell phone, etc.

DC has bunch too. In front of Union Station, there is a small group of students holding a lunch bag. They wait for homeless people to come to them and they give it to them. Homeless people said thank you and the students had a small talk with them. From what I see - i think they're encouraging them to seek help/shelter or something.

yes there are. plenty in NYC as well. but plenty of homeless who do not want shelters. we have programs that offer food, coat, shelter, cell phone, etc.

DC has bunch too. In front of Union Station, there is a small group of students holding a lunch bag. They wait for homeless people to come to them and they give it to them. Homeless people said thank you and the students had a small talk with them. From what I see - i think they're encouraging them to seek help/shelter or something.

Oh, I see. You have personally gone out and talked to the homeless and questioned them on their motivation?

The fact of the matter is, there are not enough shelters to care for all of the homeless.

Begging is working. A few years ago there was a story here in Dallas and most of the beggars were not homeless. Some made $40,000 a year.

Well, I haven't met a prostitute, beggar, peddler and so on that called what they are doing as "work" yet... so I am assuming their definition of work is referring to the hourly-wage system. In fact the person in the example called the lifestyle of being paid hourly wage "working."

Right..the healthcare reform would definitely help people like my brother..have jobs but no health benefits from their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back