Health Care to "control the people"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't do that.....companies would move their operations then.

Not all of them. Not those with good old-fashioned morals.

Not all of them. Not those with good old-fashioned morals.

Morals? Please. It's business. Business says if you are not making money you make changes that allow you to make money.....Pretty simple. And there is nothing immoral about it unless the business is immoral to begin with.

the rest of society pays for medical cost? this was before the reform?

so what's the difference with this reform? the society is paying for it too.

Two words, Jiro: preventive care.

Morals? Please. It's business. Business says if you are not making money you make changes that allow you to make money.....Pretty simple. And there is nothing immoral about it unless the business is immoral to begin with.

9r6pae.jpg

Two words, Jiro: preventive care.

I don't think that's gonna work in here as it does in Europe because our concept of economy is vastly different. We are fast. profitable. demanding. Europe? They think they've got all the time in the world.

so 2 words for you - inverse-square law. that's 2 words if I use the hyphen, right? :hmm:

:lol: That's it. It's that simple. When costs are put upon a business they have three choices.....Fold, raise prices, cut expenses. I guess there is a 4th....take it in the ass.....but they are not going to do that.

If, once the cost are put upon the business price controls are added, or sources of revenue and labor are limited, changes are still made. It just forces the Companies hand as to which choice they make.

Business is not rocket surgery ( :) )

I don't think that's gonna work in here as it does in Europe because our concept of economy is vastly different. We are fast. profitable. demanding. Europe? They think they've got all the time in the world.

so 2 words for you - inverse-square law. that's 2 words if I use the hyphen, right? :hmm:

No, actually it's called a hyphenated word.:giggle:

The economy being different has virtually nothing to do with people thinking they have all the time in the world. That is simply a lack of maturity. But preventive care has been shown to work. People not being able to access preventive care because they have a maximum to fulfill before their insurance kicks in, or not being insured at all, is the main reason that people don't utilize preventive care services.

The problem with people in business is their reliance on mathematical exponential growth. It only works well for bacteria.

I love the Magic School Bus. I think that I have that episode.

The problem with people in business is their reliance on mathematical exponential growth. It only works well for bacteria.

Growth breeds innovation

Not sure about exponential growth....lol (when you see that PM me quickly)

But the fact remains the model isn't going to change. An action by government causes a reaction by business. It's chess. Of course government can always choose to make 4 moves at once....it's their board. Will businesses choose to continue playing once that happens???? :dunno:

What makes you think the accident rate is going to go up just because coverage is mandated? That's quite a reach.

huh what? no that's not what I said at all.

I said - because of GROWING number of accidents and injured victims being drowned in medical debt.... the government had to step in and require the drivers to have an automobile insurance that will pay for the injured parties.

No, actually it's called a hyphenated word.:giggle:

The economy being different has virtually nothing to do with people thinking they have all the time in the world. That is simply a lack of maturity. But preventive care has been shown to work. People not being able to access preventive care because they have a maximum to fulfill before their insurance kicks in, or not being insured at all, is the main reason that people don't utilize preventive care services.

actually it does. how is it lack of maturity when Europe is known as welfare state? Europe has a very strict work laws - work 35 hrs a week, 5 weeks vacation, and 20 holidays per year (those # are slightly different depending on European country).

Untangling the myths of working time: How long is the European working week?
The split in social philosophies at the heart of Europe between libertarian 'American-style' values pursued by the UK, Ireland and many new EU states and the more welfare-orientated 'social model' maintained by many continental western European states such as France, Sweden and the Netherlands has recently come to a head over the issue of the UK's continued opt-out from the maximum working week.

The real problem about working time, however, is not the imposition of statutory upper limits, but a social framework that makes it impossible for companies to operate efficiently within these limits. Rather than preventing those who wish to work longer hours from improving their income levels, the focus for EU policymakers should be on increasing the proportion of the employed workforce that are available to carry out their jobs. This means taking a long hard look at how much employee benefits are creating a 'time off' culture and providing financial incentives to spend too much time absent from work.

Eastern Europeans Are 'Hardest Working' - Forbes.com
Meanwhile, David Coats, Associate Director at the Work Foundation in London, told Forbes.com that productivity was rising in Europe despite the EU rules to reduce working times, which didn't mean the environment was less business friendly.

"Europeans might be working less hours but their productivity remains high. In the United States, people take the money and work longer hours, whereas in Europe people take less money and use more time for themselves. This doesn't make Europe less business friendly. These are simply choices societies make," Coats said.

as the person said above - it's simply a choice that societies make. If you do not like this kind of life in America, then go simply move somewhere that fits your ideal.

In this country - everybody can progress in terms of wealth and class easier than anywhere else in the world... and everybody has a choice. Can you do that in Europe?

It's amazing to me they can get anything done with a 35 hr week. I seriously don't think I ever worked less than 70 hrs in a week. And 5 weeks vacation???? I never would have wanted that much time off. My goal was to get thru with working quickly then retire and enjoy. Glad I lived in a country that would let me work as much as I wanted.
sheesh

Yeah, if they ever push it up to 40 hours a week they'd call it a human rights violation.

I should have included an emoticon

The fight here was more about how helmet laws and seat belt laws came about. The Fed gov threatened Texas with loss of highway funds if they didn't comply with Fed guidelines. That didn't sit well with many.

That is also how our legal drinking age came to be 21. It was 18 until 1980 or so. Changed to 19 until 1986 when it became 21.

Question is whether it is right for the Federal Government to withhold funds to compel state law changes when the citizens and businesses of that state provide the government with those funds in the first place.

I was first legal to drink alcohol, then not legal, soon legal again, then soon not legal, legal again, not legal and then finally legal again to drink alcoholic beverages. I could've been arrested for drinking those times while others not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back