health care passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Steinhauer
I think its odd how the Democrats have fought so hard for a woman's right to choose for the past 30 years in the abortion debate, yet they will not let you choose to have healthcare ... or not.

My reply:

You have a choice of whether or not to have health care. Don't want health care? Don't go to the doctor.

Why would you not have insurance when it is made affordable and available? Do you have insurance now?

No no, I just want to understand what it is about. It's not about me. Sorry for the confusion.

And it isn't a requirement to receive health care. You are the one that left out insurance. I simply corrected the error that you made.:cool2:

not to pick nits, but I actually corrected that error.

You did not. You jumped on the bandwagon about how health care was not a requirement - but conveniently LEFT OUT insurance.

You have yet admitted to this being REQUIRED.

Your spin may work well on your students but it does not fly with me.

Why would you not have insurance when it is made affordable and available? Do you have insurance now?

Define affordable.....

What range will premiums for avg plans, for avg people who make too much sor subsidies be? Ballpark range?

It is now required to have health insurance with exemptions for those who can prove they cannot afford it.

Those who cannot afford it will get medicaid. Those who are in a tax bracket that the government feels they CAN afford health insurance, but do not have insurance, will be fined and/or imprisoned.

That means, if you earn enough, but your debt is high and you cannot afford health insurance, you will be fined or put in jail.

factual.

It is now required to have health insurance with exemptions for those who can prove they cannot afford it.

Those who cannot afford it will get medicaid. Those who are in a tax bracket that the government feels they CAN afford health insurance, but do not have insurance, will be fined and/or imprisoned.

That means, if you earn enough, but your debt is high and you cannot afford health insurance, you will be fined or put in jail.

If your debt is high, it is no one's responsibility but your own.:cool2:

And that has virtually nothing to do with health care reform.

Originally Posted by Steinhauer
I think its odd how the Democrats have fought so hard for a woman's right to choose for the past 30 years in the abortion debate, yet they will not let you choose to have healthcare ... or not.

My reply:

You have a choice of whether or not to have health care. Don't want health care? Don't go to the doctor.

That is NOT a correction.

If your debt is high, it is no one's responsibility but your own.:cool2:

And that has virtually nothing to do with health care reform.

Yes it does. It has everything to do with healthcare reform.

Millions of Americans are infected with debt. And the debt keeps piling on.

Define affordable.....

What range will premiums for avg plans, for avg people who make too much sor subsidies be? Ballpark range?

Depends. What are you assuming is average? What kind of coverage? What salary bracket? How much deductable? Perferred provider or fee for service? What area of the country?

That is NOT a correction.

Well maybe not in your mind, but you made an incorrect statement, and I made a correct statement. No one is forced to have health care. Everyone has a choice of whether or not to receive health care.

Perhaps you should be a bit more clear in your wording.

Depends. What are you assuming is average? What kind of coverage? What salary bracket? How much deductable? Perferred provider or fee for service? What area of the country?

$60,000/year middle of the road coverage in Ohio

Yes it does. It has everything to do with healthcare reform.

Millions of Americans are infected with debt. And the debt keeps piling on.

And millions of Americans are responsible for their debt. It is the American way. Spend what you don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back