Hate new cars

Pre 1975 vehicles in California doesn't require smog (emission test) because not too many of those left and you only see few of them on the streets.

I agree with sonocativo on 2 counts ...

1: older cars without all the electronic crap is easier to work on and don't have all the new modern stuff on it so there's less that can go wrong with it. And the dealers have a monopoly on their own brand with the new cars you HAVE to take it to them to fix it. When me and my brother were still racing all the only electric was gauges, fuel pump and starter.

2: A new car in a crash with an older car the new one will take the most damage. The rescue extrication classes I take sometimes includes what happens to a car when its hit. The new vehicles are made to fold up they have crumple zones in certain areas to absorb the impact of the crash and the strongest part of a new one is a cage around the driver. The older ones are made like a tank.

Always check on IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing & Highway Safety FIRST before you buy a vehicles.

Like that.
2014 Cruze and it got marginal rating
Vehicle details

2014 Impreza and it got GREAT rating.
Vehicle details

It's all depend on the body design.

1996 Blazer and it got poor rating.
Vehicle details

I used to drive a Dodge Neon car as my rental car a several times when I visited my friends in Ohio a several years ago. One of my favorite rental cars.

I hated Chevy Aveo.. it was the worst rental car I've ever driven. It was running so choppy when I hit 60 mph. No wonder, it has been discontinued since 2011.

I drove that Aveo and feels like crap. I am agreed with you. It was not great idea for highway and almost out of control on the snow at 40 MPH.

1957 Chevy four door I think it was called Bel-Air. Ex boyfriend and I were in that car and a lot newer car T-Boned us bad. Our car had a slight cress in the door, their car was completely totaled. That car was a beast and very heavy.

1996 Blazer and it got poor rating.
Vehicle details

I've owned 3 of those. a 1988 Chevy Blazer, a 1989 GMC Jimmy and a 2003 Chevy Blazer which is my current truck. They tow well we used to pull a dual axle race car trailer loaded with a toyota celica stock 4 dirt track race car with the GMC Jimmy.

1957 Chevy four door I think it was called Bel-Air. Ex boyfriend and I were in that car and a lot newer car T-Boned us bad. Our car had a slight cress in the door, their car was completely totaled. That car was a beast and very heavy.

The 1957 BelAir convertible weighed more than a hard top it had an X type cross member under it for support.

57sedan0.jpg

A family friend still have those car with all original engine and 3 speed manual transmission.

1956%20Ford%20Thunderbird-01.jpg

Your pictures are useless. WHERE IS CRASH pictures?! I thought you talked about old vs new for crash. Another BS story again.

Again, Can explained me why 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air can kill driver and 2009 Chevrolet Malibu don't? but you igonred it because you won't admit it that newer is more safety than older.

depending on the accident, no seatbelts and airbags...how much simpler you want?

highlander why are ford mustangs and pintos... any early fords for that matter so damn dangerous? What was the quick fix from ford for this...NO CHEATING WITH GOOGLE.

My pictures are useless to you, because youre an ass.
Just drive and work on your moneymakers. Thats what it boils down to..
you are a pro in what you do, I am a pro in what I enjoy. done deal.

What about Chevrolet Citation? It was one of the worst car made... so was 1980's Pontiacs... 1980's Jeeps too before 4.0L came out.

Every make have their bad cars made... nothing is perfect.

highlander why are ford mustangs and pintos... any early fords for that matter so damn dangerous? What was the quick fix from ford for this...NO CHEATING WITH GOOGLE.

Hey this is not necessary, take it easy if you don't want this thread to lock up.

Thanks.

My pictures are useless to you, because youre an ass.

old porsches and ferraris are cool, real speed cars with real noise and speed!!! AND STYLE

I recalled a massive recall on Pinto, there was news everywhere giving warning about Pinto. Sales for Pinto plummeted and the production ease to produce these Pinto. Driving pinto with just seatbelt is not enough, need to wear flame-proof clothes to be safe in these cars! I remember in the news showing video of any car hitting in back of Pinto, there are huge flame balls right above these cars.

Oh Citation? Yes, my ex roommate had one, had his engine blow up. He think it is financially sound to replace the engine than to replace whole car. He learn that major mistake! I warned him NOT worth to replace engine. He didn't believe me, so he go ahead. Guess what happened after done with engine replacement that cost him $2,500 or something like that? 3 months after, he was in middle of three car accident, his car with new engine in it became totalled. Insurance company don't give a damn if customer just had replace the engine, gave him the check of $800 dollars based on book value PLUS took his car away. He was so pissed off and tried to fought with them but end up gave up. He told me he regretted for not listen to me. He realized that if had replaced the vehicle, instead of engine, he would have save money that way.

And YES! It depends on who built the vehicle, it is all engineers, programmers, production workers, and the quality of materials they use and how they process them. I thought GM S series truck were the best, but I found myself DEAD wrong! I had 83 S-15 and that one was one of my best vehicle I ever own. I got 95 S-10 and S-15... yes two trucks, both have their engine and tranny blew less than 8 months! No warranty and I was so pissed off and found out the flaw of their design. I end up bought Jeep Wrangler with 4.0L, then Ford F-250 only to find out flaw in engine design and there is no way to fix it (Long story and why) I end up got Ford Excursion with legendary 7.3L engine which has better engine design... You guessed it right, it was different engineer team with 7.3L and 6.0L and those who design 6.0L has to be one of idiots! I was looking for engine that is known to last forever. Like Jeep 4.0L, Ford 7.3L, Chevy 350CID, and 308CID

Also, sometimes government is part of blame, government knew it, and to average joe, it is mistake, to them it is politics. For instance, government made it mandatory that auto maker can not use lacquer paint, required them to use environment friendly paint during 80s, have you recall how bad paint job it was? Just like my ex F-250 with 6.0L where EPA put pressure on to improve emission on Diesel engine causing two engineer team (Ford AND Navistar) made design flaws on 6.0L. Honestly, I do miss the power and torque on 6.0L and could have keep it if I have deep pocket. I hate to say, stay away from 6.0L or 6.4L Diesel engine. For Ford, get 7.3L or if you can afford maintenance cost, then get 6.7L. However, if you are DYI like myself, 7.3L is way to go. Much easier to work on, less EPA BS, less electronic BS or want NO Electronic BS, then it would be first generation of 6.9L/7.3L IDI, not 7.3L DI like mine.

To the environment lovers, quit blame bunch of guys like us that don't give a damn about emission, know why? There are other countries that are worst of the worst with pollution, like China, eh? There are countries that STILL allows leaded gas, Mexico and south America still allow leaded gas. The truth is the rest of us (Who don't give a damn about emission) are much much smaller than other countries.

Thank God, I don't have catalytic converter on my truck!:naughty:

What about Chevrolet Citation? It was one of the worst car made... so was 1980's Pontiacs... 1980's Jeeps too before 4.0L came out.

Every make have their bad cars made... nothing is perfect.

Oh Citation? Yes, my ex roommate had one, had his engine blow up. He think it is financially sound to replace the engine than to replace whole car. He learn that major mistake! I warned him NOT worth to replace engine. He didn't believe me, so he go ahead. Guess what happened after done with engine replacement that cost him $2,500 or something like that? 3 months after, he was in middle of three car accident, his car with new engine in it became totalled. Insurance company don't give a damn if customer just had replace the engine, gave him the check of $800 dollars based on book value PLUS took his car away. He was so pissed off and tried to fought with them but end up gave up. He told me he regretted for not listen to me. He realized that if had replaced the vehicle, instead of engine, he would have save money that way.

And YES! It depends on who built the vehicle, it is all engineers, programmers, production workers, and the quality of materials they use and how they process them. I thought GM S series truck were the best, but I found myself DEAD wrong! I had 83 S-15 and that one was one of my best vehicle I ever own. I got 95 S-10 and S-15... yes two trucks, both have their engine and tranny blew less than 8 months! No warranty and I was so pissed off and found out the flaw of their design. I end up bought Jeep Wrangler with 4.0L, then Ford F-250 only to find out flaw in engine design and there is no way to fix it (Long story and why) I end up got Ford Excursion with legendary 7.3L engine which has better engine design... You guessed it right, it was different engineer team with 7.3L and 6.0L and those who design 6.0L has to be one of idiots! I was looking for engine that is known to last forever. Like Jeep 4.0L, Ford 7.3L, Chevy 350CID, and 308CID

1) Also, sometimes government is part of blame, government knew it, and to average joe, it is mistake, to them it is politics. For instance, government made it mandatory that auto maker can not use lacquer paint, required them to use environment friendly paint during 80s, have you recall how bad paint job it was? Just like my ex F-250 with 6.0L where EPA put pressure on to improve emission on Diesel engine causing two engineer team (Ford AND Navistar) made design flaws on 6.0L. Honestly, I do miss the power and torque on 6.0L and could have keep it if I have deep pocket. I hate to say, stay away from 6.0L or 6.4L Diesel engine. For Ford, get 7.3L or if you can afford maintenance cost, then get 6.7L. However, if you are DYI like myself, 7.3L is way to go. Much easier to work on, less EPA BS, less electronic BS or want NO Electronic BS, then it would be first generation of 6.9L/7.3L IDI, not 7.3L DI like mine.

2) To the environment lovers, quit blame bunch of guys like us that don't give a damn about emission, know why? There are other countries that are worst of the worst with pollution, like China, eh? There are countries that STILL allows leaded gas, Mexico and south America still allow leaded gas. The truth is the rest of us (Who don't give a damn about emission) are much much smaller than other countries.

1) How you know it was EPA? Don't forget about most cars use California standard regulation that is more stricter than EPA. Ford made decision with engine design, not EPA and California. You should look at Dodge Cummins that has easier access to engine due to bigger space and easier to replace the parts rather than Ford engine with smaller space.

Ford goes with engine in smaller space to make looks convenient and attract customers who don't know about what is in truck, for marketing purpose. EPA and California have nothing with them.

2) Pollution is bad for everyone and you told us that you have asthma. I suggest you to visit China and you will have deal with asthma with pollution-related illness like black on tissue. That what I learned from my ASL interpreter about her visitation to China to adopt two kids and she shared with me about her experience on pollution issue. There are many Chinese people suffered from health problems due to pollution and see nasty incident about Shanghai.
Shanghai China Pollution: Smog Reaches Hazardous Levels | Weather Underground

Also, most Americans support air regulation to take control of pollution for health reason and improve the air quality. Without regulation, you could went on long-term disability (lung diseases) or more worse, funeral.

To the environment lovers, quit blame bunch of guys like us that don't give a damn about emission, know why? There are other countries that are worst of the worst with pollution, like China, eh? There are countries that STILL allows leaded gas, Mexico and south America still allow leaded gas. The truth is the rest of us (Who don't give a damn about emission) are much much smaller than other countries.

You got wrong information about leaded gas.

Mexico, China and many countries in South America already banned on leaded gas

Tetraethyllead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The leaded gas is getting rare now and most countries ban on leaded gas for health reason, not much related to emission.

do you know naturally, volcanos emit more toxic wastes into the atmosphere daily... when they erupt theres more than whats produced worldwide in a matter of seconds.

do you know naturally, volcanos emit more toxic wastes into the atmosphere daily... when they erupt theres more than whats produced worldwide in a matter of seconds.

First, I'm not talking about greenhouse gas (climate change), that's very different.

The pollution is very localized to metro and it don't spread over the earth. There are many people complained about pollution so leading for government to regulate. Back in 60s, LA metro had worst smog but not much today.

I support regulation for pollution to protect the public health and improve the air quality, not climate change.

The regulation for climate change is more strict and restrictive than regulation for pollution, also there is no significant evidence about human caused climate change.

and some fun stuff to do...

I used to be an automotive machinist for 13 years when I landed a job as engine tear down position, the shop foreman put me onto the crankshaft department instead of engine tear down, because I can read and measure micrometers/caliper during summer job (after end of my HS Jurnior year), ran crank/cam grinder for a long time and also work on head valve job/ block boring/honing/surfacing and resizing rods. My back got bad injured and finished my career, changed to be a mechanic then leap frog to became Master ASE technician/smog technician within few years....

Back