Hate new cars

Neon is very junk car. I don't believe why you bought it in first place. I heard too many complained about issue with engine and feels so cheap. Make sense why Dodge stopped made it anymore.

Sorry to heard about your insurance. I think you got bad insurance. It's don't happen to me. I lost my old car ($13k) from the flood and insurance gave me $12k. No complain.

"explode and firecracker" don't made sense to me which why I thought you was made up the story.

Well, No shit, Everyone know that trucks are stronger than cars. Well, sheet metal are so thinner because it keeps light weight to get better fuel efficient since gasoline is so expensive now. You don't have to worry about body as you get good frame body.

So, Let me guess you are not good with electrical diagnostics? It's pretty easy for me on brand new cars as you follow the diagram. Rule of thumb, NEVER fix or play around a wires without the electrical diagram or you will get HEADACHE.

In fact, 80's vehicle are worst design ever I see for electrical system. Like ECM/PCM got failed then you have to take dashboard off or chair off to replace the ECM/PCM. The modern vehicles are much easy and you will find the ECM/PCM right away in the hood.

My cut off is 1970...after that they started emmissons crap.
My 01 neon was the best car I ever owned as far as new, it drove great, I drove from St. Louis to Winchester Ky on 1/2 tank each way...excellent mpg, excellent highway handling...ect... it was well made for a mid sized car. I never had an issue with it til the dumb ass step kid of my ex wrecked it cause he was a punk and drove like he was one too... I banned him from all our vehicles after his second accident there. (totaled his moms car too )
No I never messed with electricals ( only stereo sytems or lighting) but the vehicles electrical systems I never touched because it spiderwebs.

What Im basically saying is I love older cars for the ease of working on them, you can modify them without all this special high tech gadgets and if it breaks down, you can have it running in a few minutes ( unlike ecm...pcm..MAP/MAF, Crank/cam shaft sensors ...ect...) going bad in new cars and you cant do anything without dianosis and special equipment. I know about them, just hate them.

My 01 neon was the best car I ever owned as far as new, it drove great, I drove from St. Louis to Winchester Ky on 1/2 tank each way...excellent mpg, excellent highway handling...ect... it was well made for a mid sized car. I never had an issue with it til the dumb ass step kid of my ex wrecked it cause he was a punk and drove like he was one too... I banned him from all our vehicles after his second accident there. (totaled his moms car too )
No I never messed with electricals ( only stereo sytems or lighting) but the vehicles electrical systems I never touched because it spiderwebs.

What Im basically saying is I love older cars for the ease of working on them, you can modify them without all this special high tech gadgets and if it breaks down, you can have it running in a few minutes ( unlike ecm...pcm..MAP/MAF, Crank/cam shaft sensors ...ect...) going bad in new cars and you cant do anything without dianosis and special equipment. I know about them, just hate them.

Modify like what? turbocharger? HID? Radio?

I use 6 years old scan tool and works fine for any new cars as 1994 or up.

PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi | OBD2 OBDII iPhone
Easy to find code for sensors then diagnostics then repair/rewired/replace.

I have both Mechanix gloves/ heat sleeves. I paid $45 buck for Mechanix heat sleeves from Snap On dealer, too expensive but next time I order any Mechanix things thru Amazon.

Same company but they sold the Neon with the name Plymouth on it too I owned one for a couple years. Never had any problems out of it and it drove good.

My wife 2004 chevy venture van started having issues with the ac not cooling, so I bought the stuff to fill it and lo and beholdm the fill valve is down about midway behind the radiator/fans and close to the exhaust manifold...so, in all, I burned the shit out of my hand trying to get to it. I could reach it but when you grab the cap or try to put the valve on, you hit the hot manifold since there is no room....stupid design.
Being she has dual air it took 2 cans to fill it, but I got the temp to blow in the van at 35 degrees....lol took pic when it hit 40 degrees but forgot to take another when it got the coldest... told my wife it might snow this summer in the van...lol
Got a nice blister on my knuckle from hitting the manifold several times in a row....

I bet A/C operation in your wife's van will not last longer maybe one or more months because you charged 2 cans into the emptied system, may have external leaks somewhere. But I hope she have good cold climate inside her car as long as she is driving. I see people buy Refill freon kit from PepBoys or AutoZone stores as temporary A/C service.

Modify like what? turbocharger? HID? Radio?

I use 6 years old scan tool and works fine for any new cars as 1994 or up.

PLX Kiwi 2 Wifi | OBD2 OBDII iPhone
Easy to find code for sensors then diagnostics then repair/rewired/replace.

How old are you?
Guess you dont know about porting, valve sizes, canning, crank clearance...stall and gears.... 7 seconds...ect....
You know, or maybe not....OLD SCHOOL RODDING.

I bet A/C operation in your wife's van will not last longer maybe one or more months because you charged 2 cans into the emptied system, may have external leaks somewhere. But I hope she have good cold climate inside her car as long as she is driving. I see people buy Refill freon kit from PepBoys or AutoZone stores as temporary A/C service.

I can agree with that, since she was hit in the front there is a possible leak...I am keeping an eye on it, as its always been ice cold for the 4 years we owned it now. Time will tell. BUT I have fixed 2 of my vehicles and they held up, just bad o-rings or schrader valves. So far with daily use it has been holding.

I have both Mechanix gloves/ heat sleeves. I paid $45 buck for Mechanix heat sleeves from Snap On dealer, too expensive but next time I order any Mechanix things thru Amazon.

Yeah I got one as well, but didnt have it with me, packed away at the other house.

Now about that...here is whats wrong with it
You take a tank and smash it into a tank, there will be damage, same as you take these new POS cars and smash them into eachother , same results.

NOW, take a new car and an old car and smash them into eachother,
New into old, new car totaled old car barely scratched.
Now vice versa, smack an old car into a new car, the new car will desinigrate, old car barely a scratch.
Prove it wrong.,,, I tripple dare ya.

How old are you?
Guess you dont know about porting, valve sizes, canning, crank clearance...stall and gears.... 7 seconds...ect....

:laugh2::laugh2:

First you complained about electrical as computers and sensors were so HARD for you. Then I explained you and use scan tools to find code as simple. Which it was not hard to do it.

Second, you thought I don't know about porting, valve sizes, canning, crank, etc. CLEAR you don't know me very well.

Hint, I own micrometer measurement, 3/8, 1/2 torque wrench, fuel pressure gauge, compression tester for gasoline,feeler gauge, spark plug test, Fluke 88, etc. Tell me what they use for?

I was overhaul on motors (DOHC, SOHC, OHV) for gasoline, OHV for diesel motor, auto transmission (I HATE IT), manual transmission 5-6 speeds and 15 speeds heavy duty (EATON).

Huh...

My car is a 2002 model. Never had anything major wrong with it. Once had to get axle fixed but that was my doing in causing it to go off kilter. One dent in back rear- my doing (same size as the dent I put in my 1998 Honda CRV lol). Recently had to replace the drive belt- that became worn and frazzled (and I guess eventually snapped as I lost power steering in the middle of my trip home from Charleston SC. Oh yes... replaces brake shoes only because of the wear and tear- by that time my car was around 8-9 years old.

Eye of the beholder and all that I guess. My father has a 1974 MG that he's been tinkering with for the last 4-5 years or so. Has it up and running now. He's one I think that prefers that, and doesn't want to mess with the newer cars (they do have one- have forgotten the year but after 2006 that much I know).

Only thing I care about is that it gets me from Point A to Point B. As cheaply as possible would be nice but that's the gas price for ya :P. I can't afford to get a new car "Modern", "Antique" or from the 1970s or whatever so I make do with what I have.

Oh-- I totaled the CR-V and got back 14K from the insurance company.

Now about that...here is whats wrong with it
You take a tank and smash it into a tank, there will be damage, same as you take these new POS cars and smash them into eachother , same results.

NOW, take a new car and an old car and smash them into eachother,
New into old, new car totaled old car barely scratched.
Now vice versa, smack an old car into a new car, the new car will desinigrate, old car barely a scratch.
Prove it wrong.,,, I tripple dare ya.

You are awful close mind and another bs story again. You sounds like 60 years old. It's ALL depends on design of body. Like my old 01 Subaru accident to Chevy 90's and and Chevy got totaled (driver send to ER) and my Subaru just replaced the new bumper and radiator. That's it. I am ok and no hurt. It was happen in 2003.

Other day, Mazda's rear bumped to idiot driver's Ford 150's side (Long story) and Mazda got tiny scratched and Ford got BIG dent. It's all DEPEND on DAMN body design. Not just old or new.

Can you explained me why 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air can kill driver and 2009 Chevrolet Malibu don't? Words may lie but video or picture don't lie.

Huh...

My car is a 2002 model. Never had anything major wrong with it. Once had to get axle fixed but that was my doing in causing it to go off kilter. One dent in back rear- my doing (same size as the dent I put in my 1998 Honda CRV lol). Recently had to replace the drive belt- that became worn and frazzled (and I guess eventually snapped as I lost power steering in the middle of my trip home from Charleston SC. Oh yes... replaces brake shoes only because of the wear and tear- by that time my car was around 8-9 years old.

Eye of the beholder and all that I guess. My father has a 1974 MG that he's been tinkering with for the last 4-5 years or so. Has it up and running now. He's one I think that prefers that, and doesn't want to mess with the newer cars (they do have one- have forgotten the year but after 2006 that much I know).

Only thing I care about is that it gets me from Point A to Point B. As cheaply as possible would be nice but that's the gas price for ya :P. I can't afford to get a new car "Modern", "Antique" or from the 1970s or whatever so I make do with what I have.

Oh-- I totaled the CR-V and got back 14K from the insurance company.

Drive belt worn out are normal. that's why owner driver recommend to replace the new drive belt each 55k-80k depend on the model.

I am agreed with you. That's how old people's MIND like that way. My old Mazda 2002 finally sent to scrap for money when water pump got failed and not want to repair it anymore because it's 180,000 miles and 12 years old plus rust are anywhere now and belt timing was due to replace soon for DOHC. I guess most old people don't CARE about safely vehicles. That's all they care are EASY repair over safely vehicles. Like old school motorcycle riders don't wear helmet.

European cars have strictest emission requirement and you can easily to get 70 MPH with diesel and best accident rating.

Sorry, I support to tighten the emission requirement for cars and go blame on American companies to make their car so creepier.

How old are you?

He's fully grown adult. :D

He graduated from college that specialize and trained in automobiles, semi trucks, motorcycle, also diesel and everything.

European cars have strictest emission requirement and you can easily to get 70 MPH with diesel and best accident rating.

Sorry, I support to tighten the emission requirement for cars and go blame on American companies to make their car so creepier.

It was CARB (California Air Resources Board) started.

Drive belt worn out are normal. that's why owner driver recommend to replace the new drive belt each 55k-80k depend on the model.

I am agreed with you. That's how old people's MIND like that way. My old Mazda 2002 finally sent to scrap for money when water pump got failed and not want to repair it anymore because it's 180,000 miles and 12 years old plus rust are anywhere now and belt timing was due to replace soon for DOHC. I guess most old people don't CARE about safely vehicles. That's all they care are EASY repair over safely vehicles. Like old school motorcycle riders don't wear helmet.
ahh makes sense with the drive belt. This is the first car I've had longer than five years lol. The last two cars I owned I only had for 5 years each - first one I traded in for the CR-V as I was moving and the Tracker would not have done well cross country I don't think, CR-V I totaled.

Seems these days though it may be cheaper in the long run to go get a new car or a 'new' used car than continuous repairs especially as they accumulate over the years. My friends has never had a 'brand new' car- mostly used (and almost always in good condition) but they know it's going to be a pain because eventually it's going to cost money to maintain. Minor repairs he can do cheaper but that's only a stopgap measure sometimes.

Not looking forward to the day I may have to get a new car (I hate car shopping anyway). Parents also have a Mazda MPV that is over 20 years old- and used quite often.

Back