Grand jury announce decision on Darren Wilson on TV 8PM tonight

I believe since he was never tried, he could be tried in future when table changes, not like when acquitted is done, its sealed and will never be able to charge for that same crime ever again, aka double jeopardy.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_76e3e655-1b8b-5995-ae3a-ef461ee7fa44.html

"There are 12 grand jurors, selected from the same jury pool used for jury trials. They are not in a courtroom, but in a regular room, sitting at a U-shaped table. Prosecutors sit at another table, and witnesses at a third. A judge tries to achieve a jury that is balanced across gender, race and geography. This jury has one black man, two black women, six white men and three white women."

I dont know if this is true, they claimed they have selected jurors last May though lottery drawing. I never been in juror where one gets selected for future cases. This is kinda unusual, and again only 3 black and 9 whites jurors. I think its mistake IMHO what I see would be fair if 2/3 were black due to community being dominant black.

I agree , and I feel b/c there were only 3 Black people will feel this was not fair and protest that too .

I believe it would be wise for that police department to have completely new set of faces, and be more race balanced with community. Having 50 out of 53 police serving black intensive community being white is pretty much asking for trouble down in the road.

And I believe these Anonymous is gearing up for something, cause they claim they won't forgive, and won't forget. Its kinda chilling message.

i'm not surprised. there's no clear evidence supporting a cop's wrongdoing but I hope this means a change in regulation for law enforcement..... wearing cams.

For a Grand Jury to indict, they would have had to vote no better than 9-3 (it takes 9 to indict). Otherwise no indictment would be possible.

What if the three black jurors voted for no indictment?

True...my husband is black and he said if the evidence all points to the fact that the officer didn't break the law, he would vote the same.

What if the three black jurors voted for no indictment?

Then maybe it would help people not protest as much if they knew that was the case. I am thinking about the Black community , when people hear there were only 3 Black people and 9 White people , there will be people that feel this was not a fair jury. I really feel it was a huge mistake to have only 3 Black people. We'll see what happen in the next few days , I really hope nothing will happen but I just can't see that happening.

Then maybe it would help people not protest as much if they knew that was the case. I am thinking about the Black community , when people hear there were only 3 Black people and 9 White people , there will be people that feel this was not a fair jury. I really feel it was a huge mistake to have only 3 Black people. We'll see what happen in the next few days , I really hope nothing will happen but I just can't see that happening.

Well, look at the OJ Simpson trial....:hmm:

Well, look at the OJ Simpson trial....:hmm:

Yeah he was not found guilty , but I am not talking about the trial so why bring it up . I am thinking this grand jury and how people are going to react to the out come out and it not looking good. One person had a heart attack in the riot .. Damn ! I just saw on the news there is a building on fire!
What the HELL good it that going to do ? People are letting their emotions run wild .

I personally think they got it right. Fact are facts and a jurors race should not even come into play here. They were provided with a lot more information than any of us have been able to read.

and now it begins... the riot...

I personally think they got it right. Fact are facts and a jurors race should not even come into play here. They were provided with a lot more information than any of us have been able to read.

Try telling that to people that are rioting right now, but race is going to play into this , that is what the whole thing is about . I am not saying this right but that is the bottom line . I do not know if they got it right , I really feel we'll never know what really happen. I do not have much faith in the system , it's broken . I only hope some good will come out of the whole tragic killing . The polices needs to needs to get more Black cops on the force and try to work with the people to and try and gain their trust . Or this will keep on happening .
Boston is trying to do this . I lived in Boston in the late 60's and 70's and I was harass by White cops for dating a Black man and this has stayed with me .

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l-diversity/RnEIJW5TuVki4ndotvl2GK/story.html

Protesters are going through the Loop right now here in Chicago. They're gonna create a traffic headache for drivers down there. Thankfully my plans today calls for the Metra only, after a short trip on the #81 Lawrence, and a 3-block walk on Washington for today and as for the 27th, not sure yet, because I need to leave here at 6 AM for State Street, as the Thanksgiving Parade starts at 8 AM, so I may need to hike from State/Washington to State/Congress, which is about 5 blocks.

People keep saying they need more black cops......well more black people need to go to school and apply to be a cop first. That is the problem in most areas where there are more black people, very few even try law enforcement.

To be a police officer, a person must have at least 2-3 years of college and a degree in Criminal Justice. Some police departments might require more than that, and some officers have joined the force if they were in the military, which is another way to do so, but they would still have to go through the Academy first, and if they pass, get through the one year probationary period many departments have.

Back