Grand jury announce decision on Darren Wilson on TV 8PM tonight

I agree cops should be wearing body cams , I was just wondering what other people thought the link I posted.

I saw that too and I'm having a hard time understanding why all the rioters destroyed property and businesses owned and operated by African American people. Makes no sense at all. Maybe if all the news channels stopped airing their stupidity these people might stop. Obviously most of them didn't have to get up for a job.

I saw that too and I'm having a hard time understanding why all the rioters destroyed property and businesses owned and operated by African American people. Makes no sense at all. Maybe if all the news channels stopped airing their stupidity these people might stop. Obviously most of them didn't have to get up for a job.

looters and professional anarchists taking advantage of it.

Lawsuit's brewing

Gee I wonder who was the brain that release the cop's address and if they have a job anymore. I can't believe anymore would that reckless to a person life in danger like this. I do not agree with the way the cop handled the whole thing but I sure don't want to see him get killed. There been way too much of that already,

Unfortunately, that issue falls on students, teachers, and schools. There are programs out there at some community colleges and libraries that have basic reading classes (below freshman level for college) that can be taken. However, the issue is if they're free or have to be paid for.

There are many colleges that accept students with low/bad grades. It may not be Harvard but there are schools out there.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/

This a problem in a lot of schools there was a story about this on the recently collages are more concerns about making $$$ off their stars athletes that them be able to read.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/20...-students-a-pass-to-keep-them-playing-sports/

I hope this will keep people from rioting anymore and the people that made death threat should be arrested b/c he was still a policeman and that is a felony to threaten a cop.

Sad that he had to resign, and lost the several package retirement and killed young guy. He is already having a hard time in life. :-/

The cop is a lousy shooter if he was not able to kill Brown with one shot , or did he want to be able to hot him more than one time? I heard that cops shoot to kill the first time b/c the suspect could shot back if only wounded.

actually no. many many many many many people around the world can actually survive from multiple gunshot wounds.

"shoot to kill" does not mean "one shot, one kill" unless an officer is using a 50-caliber rifle which can rip a man apart in many pieces as well as going thru a house or two behind him.

when shooting, we intend to kill... not injure. that's why I have hollow-point rounds. it's designed to maximize the damage inflicted upon perpetrator..... basically a fatal wound. But is it survivable? absolutely! Would a perpetrator be able to shoot back or cause harm even after getting shot by multiple hollow-point rounds? absolutely! a perpetrator will most likely die from his wounds but he would be able to fight back for a few seconds.

that's why police officer carries .40 or .45 - hoping that a perpetrator would no longer pose a threat from 1-2 gunshots. I carry 9mm though which is smaller than those rounds. you know what's the most powerful weapon? adrenaline.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/expert-officers-never-trained-to-shoot-to-wound/29954830
One local expert said the debate may have been renewed but the answer remains the same: It is used only when a police officer believes it's needed to save a life.

"That's a very restrictive parameter," said Andrew Scott.

Scott was in law enforcement for 30 years and was the chief of police in Boca Raton for seven years.

He said it's foolish to suggest that Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson should have tried to stop Michael Brown by shooting him in the knee or leg. Scott said that is never an option.

"It's unrealistic and it's not going to happen. You'll have more police officers dead than you'll have anything else," he said.

"Police officers are not trained, under no circumstances, to shoot and wound. They're trained to shoot and neutralize the threat."

Scott said that doesn't mean shoot to kill but it does mean making sure the other person is no longer a threat.

He said an officer can't shoot a knee or a leg because the targets are too small. He said officers are all trained to shoot for center mass, the chest. And they're trained to fire more than once if necessary.

"Nine times out of 10, an individual who is shot and is shot center mass, they're not going down," Scott said. "They're still going to be active. They're still going to potentially be aggressive."

Scott said no officer wants to shoot and kill; it's always considered a last option.

https://www.michaelyon-online.com/gates-of-fire.htm

photo-18-sgm-prosser-standing-with-prisoner-downa-730.jpg

Ferguson: Why did the officer not shoot Brown in the legs?

Many people are innocently asking this question. The answer could go on for pages, but to be succinct, a couple handfuls of reasons:

1) This ain't the movies
2) Most police do not fire their weapons much. Most are not great shots.
3) He would have to be an incredible shot to be crazy enough to fire wounding shots.
4) Nearly all firefights are "stress shoots." The other guy is moving. Heart is beating fast, often out of breath. The officer in Ferguson had just been punched in the face and had been in a wrestling match for his pistol, according to him.
5) Bullets that miss can hit someone else.
6) You always are low on ammo, and you do not want to waste a single bullet.
7) Time spent reloading is dangerous
8) I have seen many people shot who kept fighting. Shot with weapons far more powerful than any officer's pistol. Many police and combat troops have seen this and will verify.
9) Police and Soldiers never train to shoot to wound. (None that I know of.) All combat shots are center mass of any part of the target that you can see. If you see only a foot. Shoot the foot. If you see a chest -- aim for the middle. That is the way troops and police train. If the officer is pointing his pistol at someone, he is one click away from going lethal. There is no in between.
10) This ain't the movies.

During the firefight at the link below, I was photographing when two people were shot a total of seven times. Two men, shot seven times. (US Soldier three times, al Qaeda four times with M4 point blank.)

After the US Soldier was hit three times in front of me, he continued to fight well. He was hit badly at nearly point blank. The al Qaeda terrorist was hit 4x. He was still standing trying to shoot. One shot took off a testicle, and then he got tackled by a US Soldier. Despite being hit 4x, he then engaged in aggressive hand to hand combat.

Again, this ain't the movies. When officers or troops shoot, they must shoot to kill.

actually no. many many many many many people around the world can actually survive from multiple gunshot wounds.

"shoot to kill" does not mean "one shot, one kill" unless an officer is using a 50-caliber rifle which can rip a man apart in many pieces as well as going thru a house or two behind him.

when shooting, we intend to kill... not injure. that's why I have hollow-point rounds. it's designed to maximize the damage inflicted upon perpetrator..... basically a fatal wound. But is it survivable? absolutely! Would a perpetrator be able to shoot back or cause harm even after getting shot by multiple hollow-point rounds? absolutely! a perpetrator will most likely die from his wounds but he would be able to fight back for a few seconds.

that's why police officer carries .40 or .45 - hoping that a perpetrator would no longer pose a threat from 1-2 gunshots. I carry 9mm though which is smaller than those rounds. you know what's the most powerful weapon? adrenaline.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/expert-officers-never-trained-to-shoot-to-wound/29954830

I knew someone that when a program cops had for citizens in PA and the person told me the cops said they shot to kill with one bullet so the suspect can't fire back . I am going by this info .

I knew someone that when a program cops had for citizens in PA and the person told me the cops said they shot to kill with one bullet so the suspect can't fire back . I am going by this info .

that would be a headshot kill. amazing sniper skill.

Update:

"Justice Department lawyers will recommend that no civil rights charges be brought against the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in Ferguson, Mo., after an F.B.I. investigation found no evidence to support charges, law enforcement officials said Wednesday…."

Justice Department decision

Back